General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

need headlight help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 04:46 PM

Could someone please help me!! I bought the headlight harness upgrade. i installed it with no problem. But when I put my bulbs back in, they blew. So I put a second pair I had in, then those blew too. I don't know what's going on with this. I thought maybe the harness is sending to much power to the bulbs, and they are 85/100 watt bulbs. So I don't see how they can just keep blowing. So I put my factory bulbs back in, and unplugged the harness, and now they are running off my factory harness. Only problem now is, they are shining like they are on my high beams, when really they are on low beam. I don't know why i am having this problem now with my headlights and my harness. Could someone please help me out? Is anyone else having this problem? please help =(
Old 05-06-2001, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by CARIZMAX
Could someone please help me!! I bought the headlight harness upgrade. i installed it with no problem. But when I put my bulbs back in, they blew. So I put a second pair I had in, then those blew too. I don't know what's going on with this.

maybe u cross leads or something...

I thought maybe the harness is sending to much power to the bulbs, and they are 85/100 watt bulbs. So I don't see how they can just keep blowing.

the harness does not send more power to the bulbs...it just prevents the harness from melting due to higher current flow because of higher wattage bulb....

So I put my factory bulbs back in, and unplugged the harness, and now they are running off my factory harness. Only problem now is, they are shining like they are on my high beams, when really they are on low beam.

they are shining bright like ur high beam cuz the wattage for the low beam now is greater then the wattage for high beam from stock bulbs...

I don't know why i am having this problem now with my headlights and my harness. Could someone please help me out? Is anyone else having this problem? please help =(

hope this helps...