General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

WooHoo!! Got my VB Mod in Today!>>

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2000, 05:29 PM

Took longer than expected, 4hrs. But I took it slow to make sure I wasn't going to screw up. Its really not that hard to swap. Take out the VB and pop in the Don's VB. Man...but was it messy, after 4 hrs my sweater was soaked in tranmission fluid. Just make sure to have lots of rolls of paper towels. Driving Impressions: I love it! It totally changes the way it drives now. The shifts are not harsh at all in my opinion. There's a slight lurch but nothing harsh. Its firm and super fast. I haven't had this much fun in awhile. My friend with a 95 Accord 4cyl with 50shot nos was helping me, also AT. He runs 15.3-15.5 with nos. I usually beat him by a half a carlength or we're dead even. We raced twice at our track(closed bridge), and Wow! I beat him twice by full carlength to 75mph, I would have beat him by more but ran out of space. VB mod seems to heat up the fluid more tho, my tranny cooler was hot to touch after the runs(never got that hot before the VB mod). Otherwise, All AT owners Get this Mod now! I'll keep you guys updated for the Long term TEst.
Old 10-08-2000, 05:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Keep us posted. =) I'm getting a tranny cooler installed next month.. I have to change my tranny fluid anyways. I'll probably have that done along with everything. The next mod may be the VB.. =)

ZuM
Old 10-08-2000, 06:02 PM

I'll keep you posted>>

Get the tranny cooler installed because you'll need it when you get the VB mod for sure. I'm definitely happy with this mod. My friend is swaping his accord engine with the 2.2liter prelude engine next week so he's going to sell the NOS kit to me in spring when he gets a turbo kit. I can't wait.