General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Fundraiser for my son

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Way out West

Fundraiser for my son

Hey guys and girls of OT,

Most of the NWMaxima people know about my son, but until now, I haven't shared with you all. My son's name is Max and he is four years old. He was diagnosed just after Christmas with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. It is one of the worst types of MD, with no cure and most kids that have it living only into their 20s.

My wife and I are doing a fundraiser this year with the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). This is the same organization that hosts "Jerry's Kids" and has the Labor Day Telethon.

The event we are doing is a type of walk-a-thon to be held next weekend. My wife volunteered to be a captain and this means a lot to her and to the cause of finding a cure for this disease.

After this event, I am putting together a golf tournament in my son's name, so this will be the only time I ask for donations from anyone (unless you would like to donate to MDA on your own). The golf tournament will be sponsored by my letter carrier union, which has the MDA as it's primary charity.

If you would like to spare a few dollars (or more) hit me up with a paypal or you can send me checks or money orders written out to MDA. This is legitimate and a charitible organization, so if anyone wants a tax-deductible receipt, I can send one.

my Paypal is cjaques@yahoo.com

If you want to send any other money via mail, hit me up with a PM and I'll give you my address. If you have any other concerns, I will answer any questions I can. If you do donate, thank you and please make a note if you want a receipt or not.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've met Max before (although I think he was tired at the time). He really is a cool, smart kid and it is really unfortunate that Chris and Angie (as with anyone else) have been faced with this challenge. They work really hard and it just doesn't seem fair.

Anywho, Chris, more info on golf? I might be able to sneak away.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Way out West

It will probably be at Wildwood Golf Course north of Portland sometime in 2006. It will definitely be on a Sunday, since that's when the letter carriers don't have to work. I have to get more stuff together with my union, but my dad knows the manager of the course and he said will let me hold it there.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Blu
the tits

contribution has been made via paypal. Hope all goes well and bless you, your wife and son.

Matt
Old 04-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by MrGone
I've met Max before (although I think he was tired at the time). He really is a cool, smart kid and it is really unfortunate that Chris and Angie (as with anyone else) have been faced with this challenge. They work really hard and it just doesn't seem fair.
Life isn't fair. Things happen for a reason I guess. My motto is to expect the worst and hope for the best. I live by Carpe Diem. It sounds depressing but it's the truth. I will most definately paypal next week as I just picked up some hours today to work.