General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New info DIRECTLY from Nissan....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 04:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by TexMaximum
Good point Paul. And this is just the start of gas problems.

And Russ, your the one that tried to feed us that "Yes the same tranny, different casing" on the GTP and TransAm saga. That was what made me wonder, after I had already stated they are NOT the same. And if you don't know anything about the TA you had, why argue that false belief with me, like I don’t know what I’m talking about. We all make mistakes, saying the GTP had the same transition, just beefed up for the TA, as a comparison to what Nissan might do with the Sentra was false, as GM didn’t do that. Also Russ, not singling you out, I said I was tried of all these no named sources containing different stories, your not the only one, not even in this post. So as far as I’n concerned, unless someone can prove it, its not established fact yet, and many may be right on what Nissan ultimately puts out and some will be wrong.
He does that to everyone dude.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:56 PM

knew more people where anoyed by this then myself. I do thank you Russ for sharing what you heard, which is just hear-say for now though, not fact, even if it turns out to be true.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I already saw the next gen Max on a website when I was at work a while back. I will look for the pic. It looks almost like the new Q55.
Old 05-15-2001, 06:08 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by TexMaximum
knew more people where anoyed by this then myself. I do thank you Russ for sharing what you heard, which is just hear-say for now though, not fact, even if it turns out to be true.

I did not hear my info from the dealer. I heard it directly from Nissan and another guy who works for SCC and tests the cars before they come out for Nissan. He also helps design them and give Nissan ideas. Sorry if you have a issue with me in not believing. When the car hits the street or car show, you will believe it then. Also I don't see anyone else ****ed except you...

Old 05-15-2001, 06:24 AM

Can't we all just get along?

Why don't we just chill and wait and see what comes out? Everyone is arguing back and forth and trying to be Nostradamus for no real good reason. Who cares who's sources of speculation are more reliable than someone else's. And why are we arguing about Pontiacs? If I wanted a car with a cheap plastic interior I'd be on their site and driving a Grand Prix! Is this all really worth it?