General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

how often does your car get hit by someone opening their door?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by nosispower
This stuff happens....if you live in the city people will scratch up your bumpers parking. Live in the suburbs and white people will scratch up your doors in parking spaces... I've had my car for 2 months and the bumpers already have plenty of battle scars.

Be grateful you have parking at your school, I have to park my car in the projects and then walk to school.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
their precious car that they're spending their whole paycheck on each month, g

You had a halfway valid point until you destroyed your credibility with this silly jab. Your poor financial situation is in no way a blanket statement for the rest of this forum. I drive a 3rdGen because I WANT to. Believe me, I could afford much better and so could many others here.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hectic
boo hoo people. it's a ding or scratch on you car, deal with it. don't even get me started on road rage and the ignorance and anger built up in some people. no wonder people are always getting shot in this country, because they over-react about insignificant things such as their precious car that they're spending their whole paycheck on each month, getting dinged, or some mishap on the road which no accident or anything resulted from. chill out america! and for all you school children...take action and get the dent fixed instead of whine about it and go out like a biatch.
Hectic, this is an enthusiast site....you sound like a real winner. They're right on the money when they note you got a 91... people with 14 year old cars usually dont care...dont dis people for shyt like this, you soubnd mad at the world or something. Dont act like you dont understand why someone is gonna get upset when a otherwise perfect, brand new, or close to new car gets a ding.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:28 PM

I think regardless of whether your car is old or new, people need to respect the fact that its your property. The annoyance that comes from dings really stems from the fact that we're pissed that someone else has "violated" our property rights by damaging something that we own.

Well, also because of the fact that a dinged up car (like mine) looks like @ss when ya look up close.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion...
Old 05-11-2005, 10:39 PM

It doesnt happen to me anymore, They see me in the car, and see Im giving them the stare..
Old 05-14-2005, 02:28 AM
BK1
Hello

This dude in my building lot (we have assigned spaces) put 3 dings on my door in a week. He thought I got rid of my beater car. The next week, I put my beater car in my spot, and he parks far away and crap. Hah hah...I haven't had any dings since. If I see any more crap on my max, he's going to get it. I hate taking so much care of my car only to have some dope back into it or open their door too hard. I don't spend my whole check on my car, it's paid off. But I'm a stickler for cleanliness.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Psychologically, people want to bang up nicer cars. At my college this year, I had a '91 Toyota Camry and was surprised that there wasn't even a scratch or a ding. Since then I've gotten a 2000 Maxima and within the first week I noticed a scratch. Wierd.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:32 PM
BK1
Hello

It's called playa hating.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:54 AM

seems like every other time at wal-mart. no respect for other cars there.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:44 AM
XGaSpAcHo

how much does it cost to fix a ding in your car door anyway? i've got one that always catched my eye whenever i look at my car and i was thinking about getting it repaired.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:54 AM

What I hate the most is when you can't tell who dinged your doors, so retaliation is impossible, also people who are careless and floor the gas pedal to get into a parking space, I consider myself an "expert driver" but I take a solid 5 minutes or more to park my car to make sure it doesn't cause any obstruction, plus I park slow as hell because I can't really tell how close or far the other cars from inside my Maxima, cuz the last car I drove was an '86 (Chevy) Nova Hatchback, so I take my time not to backup into anyother car. I also find alot of "scars" on my bumper that I have no Idea where they come from, that probably the main reason why I'm reluctant into investing in a Body Kit because around here it's bound to look like junkyard scrap within a month.

Dexter
95 Maxima SE
Old 05-16-2005, 07:14 PM

How do they remove those dents?

How do those paintless dent remover places fix the dings and dents?

Are there tools you can buy on ur own and fix it?
You have to be a pro do this kinda job.
Roger
Old 05-17-2005, 05:57 PM

OnLy Once That I knOw of, onLy cauSe tHeres a niCe siZe paiNt cHip oN mY dOOr......#$@&*$%......aLL thE moNey PeOple spEnd oN thEir caRs, anD theY jusT doN't gIve a f@$k......buT a Lot of thEm aRe prObaBly haTers.....
Old 05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yea this happened to me at college... I watched it from my window. The problem is that they opened the door as hard as the could, and laughed. Needless to say this persons car got what it deserved a week later when I saw it parked
Old 05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by radpp16
How do those paintless dent remover places fix the dings and dents?

Are there tools you can buy on ur own and fix it?
You have to be a pro do this kinda job.
Roger
Are there tools you can buy on ur own and fix it? Yes, for about $50-$300 per tool, sets cost in the thousands.

You have to be a pro do this kinda job. Yes, they are trained

How do those paintless dent remover places fix the dings and dents? They use special tools to 'massage the dent out' from behind.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:16 AM

There is so much that can be said on this subject.

Regardless of whether or not I am driving my 1993 or the 2003 I ALWAYS try to take care of the car next to me. I think its a rule of common courtesy. Everyone knows that body work is through the roof and when someone comes and bashes your car becuase they're talking on the phone, eating a burger or just being careless, I think they deserve a good wake up call even though two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Old Maxima Legend

not much, i did see at walmart once where this guy hit this ladies car by opening his car door and ended up smacking here miata. dont know what was going on but she called the and was raising a huge fuss calling his truck a junker and that he did it on purpose out of jealousy ?

some people
Old 05-21-2005, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by lethalpinky
OnLy Once That I knOw of, onLy cauSe tHeres a niCe siZe paiNt cHip oN mY dOOr......#$@&*$%......aLL thE moNey PeOple spEnd oN thEir caRs, anD theY jusT doN't gIve a f@$k......buT a Lot of thEm aRe prObaBly haTers.....
wow.. please dont type like that EVER again...

at work ive gotten about 5 dings in the past year... now i park far away in the diaganol parking spaces... its much harder for a car to hit my car in those spaces than the regular straight parking.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:55 AM

This is why I don't do external mods. I only do performance mods. I have so many scratches and dings it's unbelievable. I got to replace 2 bumpers, the driver door can be either bondod or replaced and my right side needs to be repainted.

And people in big cities are really slobs, especially in LA. We were parked by this sidewalk and this lady starts parking right in front of us. She hit our car more than 3 times and I honked after every time. She got out of the car like nothing happened and walked away. Sometimes you just want to walk up to their car and stab their tires.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Been fairly lucky, the wifes new Mitsu just got a big one though.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:19 PM
tnd

Old 05-22-2005, 05:21 AM
Banned

....................what the heck is this crap?
Old 05-22-2005, 08:48 PM

It's another newb trying to get his post count up
Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 AM

speak of the devil...im done with my classes, i come out and i see a piece of paper on my windshield...it reads, "Hi, my car door swung open with a strong wind (so sorry) I am a very careful person. It grabbed out of my hand, it may wash/wax right off, but just in case: gave me his name and phone number." I was kind of mad that I had a huge scratch, but this person was kind enough to leave a note. When it came to removing the scratch, which looked impossible to remove, i used some of that GS27, and the scratch (more like a scuff mark from the paint of his car) came right off and looks brand new. I called the guy and told him, thanks for leaving a note and most people would usually just hit and run, and i got the scratch out, so i told him not to worry, and he said that he was really sorry...and its all good now..

we need more of these types of people in the world, unlike the b!tch who hit my car when i was just 10 yards away and says, "yea whatever."
Old 05-24-2005, 08:51 AM

My max has some nice strips of deep scratches on the passenger door. How did it happen? One of my sister's friends leaned against my car and scratched it with the metal accessories usually found on jeans. It is a real eyesore every time I see it...

Japan usually has smaller parking spaces, but I have yet to find a single door dent on my dad's Nissan Gloria (Infiniti M45). Actually, I rarely see cars over there with any dings...
Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 AM

My max has dents and dings all over the place. Its been like since i bought it and havnt seen any new big dents. It has a pretty big dent next the fuel door, im guessing somebody leaned on it while filling up.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by nosispower
...Live in the suburbs and white people will scratch up your doors in parking spaces...
What does white people have to do with getting your doors scratched up?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by SixxOne
What does white people have to do with getting your doors scratched up?
hahahahahaha. This is getting interesting.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:32 PM
KH3 by popular demand

When I bought my car used it had none, now I have 4, I got 3 of them last year, all from people swinging open their doors with out looking. One time I was sitting in my car when one happened, the guy that did it didn't even look he just kept talking to his buddy until I rained on his parade about it. It suks. I need to find one of those paintless dent removal places.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:41 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Wow this thread has grown! Just follow my advice on the first page and kick the living $hit out of the owner's car that hit you if you can prove it, especially if there is no note or anything.

Honestly, Dent Wizard cost anywere from $75 and up on door ding removals, even more on dents. Try going to the local dealer and use their local dent removal guy to get the dings out. I go to the honda dealer to get mine fix because they usually have more volume customers so there is usually more owners with ding problems like me so, there dent guy is alot cheaper than going to like an infiniti dealer.

On a side note, I received another door ding this weekend but this time is was on my g35. My fiance was so mad, we parked far away from other cars and I had just cleaned the car. We went to go see star wars and by the time our show let out, the next showing line was LONG. When we went outside, the parking lot was over packed, and people were parking stupidly all over the place i.e. grass, curve, sidewalk. When we reached our car, sure enough, there was a grey minivan beside us and the driver seat was all the way to the front. I know this person had to have swing the door open wide in order to get out of the van. This time there was a ding and a white mark where the door hit (my g35 is black and the paint really sucks) and again, no note or anything. Before I could even say anything my fiance had already kicked the minivan door and she had heels on. I guess I am wearing off on her too. She *****ed all the way home about the door ding, looks like I am going to honda AGAIN to get another ding out. I feel sorry for the chrysler van owner! muwahahaha and this time it wasn't me.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by leeI35
Wow this thread has grown! Just follow my advice on the first page and kick the living $hit out of the owner's car that hit you if you can prove it, especially if there is no note or anything.

Honestly, Dent Wizard cost anywere from $75 and up on door ding removals, even more on dents. Try going to the local dealer and use their local dent removal guy to get the dings out. I go to the honda dealer to get mine fix because they usually have more volume customers so there is usually more owners with ding problems like me so, there dent guy is alot cheaper than going to like an infiniti dealer.

On a side note, I received another door ding this weekend but this time is was on my g35. My fiance was so mad, we parked far away from other cars and I had just cleaned the car. We went to go see star wars and by the time our show let out, the next showing line was LONG. When we went outside, the parking lot was over packed, and people were parking stupidly all over the place i.e. grass, curve, sidewalk. When we reached our car, sure enough, there was a grey minivan beside us and the driver seat was all the way to the front. I know this person had to have swing the door open wide in order to get out of the van. This time there was a ding and a white mark where the door hit (my g35 is black and the paint really sucks) and again, no note or anything. Before I could even say anything my fiance had already kicked the minivan door and she had heels on. I guess I am wearing off on her too. She *****ed all the way home about the door ding, looks like I am going to honda AGAIN to get another ding out. I feel sorry for the chrysler van owner! muwahahaha and this time it wasn't me.

hahahaha funny story! thats one helluva girl man!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:35 PM

I just bash doors in now when i get door dings. You leave me a ding and I am leaving you a size ten boot imprint in your door.
I'm sure that works for you. I try to be a "Do unto others....." kida guy. So I was thinking, ..... MMmmm....Not so much, "what could I do", as much as "What can I REALLY do".

Letting all the air out of one or two tires(depending on the damage) might just be what I was looking for...but didn't know it because it hasn't happened...yet.

-Jim
Old 05-25-2005, 10:03 PM

It sucks working at Wal-Mart, where my car is CONSTANTLY parked in a parking lot. Of course I park far away but now I have to park in the camera, (but that's another story). A few days after I get my car back from the body shop, I see a shopping cart right up against the driver's door. No cars or anyone around my car. I run over to find a BIG @$$ ding. It's more like 3 dings in a row. I was so outraged so I just knocked the cart over. Nothing else that I could do. Kills me everytime I see it.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:48 PM

i work at Albertsons now, and parking is just excellent, people being irresponsilbe and pushing carts into other peoples cars....those people are just great.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:15 PM

Speak of the devil..
Today I park next to a 4th gen maxima. When I come out of the store maxima is gone and a huge scrape on my right front door.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:35 PM

I always park in a public road or place, so that if someone hits me insurance covers it. But the downside is if I end up breaking someone's arm, I get fined more.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aristo

Japan usually has smaller parking spaces, but I have yet to find a single door dent on my dad's Nissan Gloria (Infiniti M45). Actually, I rarely see cars over there with any dings...
That's because 95% of America is filled with fat, overweight, disgusting, obese people that are running to the supermarket or fast food joint to gain more weight.

And I guess they have to swing their door wide open to get in an out.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Aristo
My max has some nice strips of deep scratches on the passenger door. How did it happen? One of my sister's friends leaned against my car and scratched it with the metal accessories usually found on jeans. It is a real eyesore every time I see it...

Well I don't know what part of Japan you lived in, however I lived in Yokosuka Japan for 12 years and received all kinds of dings, dents and key scratches. Most were not from dumb $hits, most were done because I hade that big "Y" on my license plate us Americans were required to have when registering up in Yokohama.

Overall, since all my cars in Japan were used F-it, I still loved Japan and miss it some times...
Old 06-16-2005, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by HarrisH
That's because 95% of America is filled with fat, overweight, disgusting, obese people that are running to the supermarket or fast food joint to gain more weight.

And I guess they have to swing their door wide open to get in an out.
Werd. You should my office. It is slam full of morbidly obese people who sit in their cramped cubicles and frantically shovel shit down their filthy mouths all day long. The truly horrendous ones don't even care about their clothes. They just wear dirty, sweaty, and smelly sack cloth with shoes that are absolutely destroyed from the beating they receive. Greasy hair, dirty glasses. Good God. You seriously just want to kill them so they won't have to be miserable anymore.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:00 AM

Never because I park in east bum **** all the time.

Quick Reply: how often does your car get hit by someone opening their door?