General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Why do people mode the crap out of the exterior and not the interior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:55 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Why do people mode the crap out of the exterior and not the interior?

Why do people sooner mod the outside of their car sooner than the interior? I have wondered this, seeing has how alot of people only get drop, wheels, kits, ect...without ever doing ANYTHING to the interior. Is it just me, or shouldn't he inside be more important than the outside? You are the one driving it, afterall...

Some might aruge that they are satisifed with the interior, others the exterior, but as for me...I am in the middle of the road. While I can't wait to start modding the outside, I will be inside the car much more so this comes first.

What do you think?
Old 05-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Personally i think it's because the maxima interior is pretty d@mn good. I wouldnt want to do anything extensive to it besides maybe chrome gauge rings. Thats about it.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:11 PM

yeah the interior is pretty good. i you can get leather if you dont have one, and maybe new headunit like a tv but the interior looks classy to me with leather. and i dont like the dash kits, since it makes the car look cheap. molded ones are the ones to get. yeah chrome gauge rings are nice too. you should just get performance mods, instead of doing cosmetic mods
Old 05-10-2005, 05:15 PM

Yeah, i agree. The maxima's interior is already is very nice. Leather makes it look even better, but i think the best looking mod for interior is katzskin leather seats. Two tone and maybe suede inserts would look very classy. I will be doing that as one of my first mods as soon as i get a 4th gen.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:17 PM

Same hereé 4th gen and 5th gen interior looks really goom IMO. Held up very well for a 10-year old car...
Old 05-10-2005, 05:19 PM

Outside looks make the car the envy of the neighborhood. The interior always needs modification but to me, the exterior is the most important. I get plenty of looks when I drive.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:22 PM

Because anything more than AE pedals and **** is rice
Old 05-10-2005, 05:24 PM
STFU n00b!

It's all opinion..

My first Maxima had $20,000 in stereo and interior mods, while the only thing I had outside were some decent looking wheels and clear corners..

This one.. well, it's all underneath the car.. screw looks.. moved the system over from the old one, and all the rest of my money is going under the hood and suspension.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:26 PM

Well.....if you were to mod the interior, excluding the ICE, what would be the first thing on your list?

I don't have an I35 yet, but it has one sweet upscale interior that makes seem more expensive that it is. Oh sure, the wood is fake and the "BOSE" isn't really entirely BOSE but a mix of BOSE and Clarion(......not that the hoez and hoochie-mamas would know that...... )
Old 05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
vsamoylov

i try to do both show and go.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:27 PM

yea^^ thats what im working on, both. i do a little bit in here, a little bit out there.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:49 PM

for the 4th gens..

Chrome guage rings, chrome door handles, better looking shift **** / e-brake handle.

And i had to get nice clean lookinb reverse indiglos
Old 05-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Looking for a few good Maximas

Originally Posted by 4x4Max
Personally i think it's because the maxima interior is pretty d@mn good. I wouldnt want to do anything extensive to it besides maybe chrome gauge rings. Thats about it.

My leather, factory wood, and Bose I like. Although I added AE pedals, aluminum gauge bezel, chrome gauge rings and ebrake cover to add that little 'extra'.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:31 PM

I've always wondered why no one makes aftermarket center consoles???
Not to have funky patterns but have better spacing/storage and design suited to ICE and stuff (maybe to relocate radio so center dash purly for screen... you get the idea. And maybe replacement door panels. I would like to change that.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:33 PM

It's because to make your Maxima/I30 have a much better interior costs more than it's worth.

LEMAR
Old 05-11-2005, 12:36 AM

I bought my 2K GLE new Sterling Mist with black leather interior. I have been very satisfied with as is. Now that it's paid off I'm doing a few upgrades. The power is fine so I don't feel I need anything there. The brakes work OK for me. The outside could use a little improvement. My headlights were getting pretty bad. I had Silverstars but any amount of cleaning couldn't get the plastic clear so I bought a set of projectors for looks. I have learned quickly how bad the performance is but I think I can improve it somewhat. I also was unhappy that I didn't have a spoiler. The rear on the Maxima just doesn't look quite right without one. They wanted too much for one when I bought it but I ordered one yesterday (aftermarket) and will install it when it comes.

As for the interior, it wasn't for looks but I installed a hardwire kit for my 40 GB MP3 player to work with my stock Bose system which sounds pretty good to me. I would like to replace the fake wood grain but that will be a little later.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:41 AM

if they ever make a drop for the seats, so that they go EVEN lower, i'll be all over that.

mod the outside because its the first thing anyone sees. if theyre impressed with how it looks, the general concensus will carry over for the inside even if its stock. besides, sav ethe stereo, no one will really ever comment on how great your dash looks.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by RastaManMax
It's because to make your Maxima/I30 have a much better interior costs more than it's worth.

LEMAR
heck yeah
i mean if you want the equivalent of the inside to match the outside, you gotta do the interior in two tone leather seats, not get a dash kit but get it "professionally painted, have some serious audio and video. Its just plain easier to make the outside nice and pretty; i.e. body kit, clear corners, rims, and a drop.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:02 AM

The way I see it is that the purpose of modding your exterior is so that everybody else on the road will envy your car and see that its unique. They can't see the interior so that natually ends up lacking in modification. I know I'd rather spend my money on exterior mods.

When I do get to modding my interior, I'd like chrome gauge rings, blue LED's all around and possibly painted trim pieces (glossy black or gunmetal). Maybe some new speakers and a stereo too...
Old 05-11-2005, 07:09 AM

I like my interior as it is... I may get an aftermarket HU since my Blose is dying and add extra insulation to cut down the windnoise... but apart from that, I'm fine with the way everything is inside... my car actually has very few exterior mods as well... all my money has gone into suspension and exhaust primarily, cuz that's what makes the driving experience fun for me...
Old 05-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Maxima Fanatic

Im undergoing a beige to black interior swap. Previous mods include tailights, headlights, suspension, led work, wheels not in that order. Most of my modding is based on my finances or lack there of as im sure is the case for many. I didnt plan to mod in that order it justed happend. I'm working more on the interior now. I got a bee in my bonnet to switch it up.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=Northern Maxima]The way I see it is that the purpose of modding your exterior is so that everybody else on the road will envy your car and see that its unique. They can't see the interior so that natually ends up lacking in modification. I know I'd rather spend my money on exterior mods. /QUOTE]

Ditto. I like the way the interior looks as is
Old 05-11-2005, 12:16 PM
The original VQ...

i like the way my interior looks with just my indash 7"

The maxima interior is good the way it is.

No one modds the interior cause there isnt much you can do besides a dash kit (which i dont like cause most of them dont realy look clean)

Or you can go the rice way and paint a bunch of stuff and watch it flake away after a few weeks.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:16 PM

whats the point in modding the interior
Old 05-11-2005, 01:21 PM
vsamoylov

yeah whats the point of painting the interior as well?lol

Old 05-11-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
yeah whats the point of painting the interior as well?lol
Well, that would depend on what exactly a person would want to mod.....the only interior mods I've done was the ICE and the seats(had to swap out the seats on my G20 since they were uncomfortable on long road trips. Thank God for Recaros.... )

It's your car; you should mod and fix for yourself not the people on the street or the passenger, freinds, etc.......besides, the more flashy you make your car, the more eyes and attention you get....(which means the increased likelyhood that the neighborhood hoodz could be waiting for the right moment to see what's inside your ride..... )
Old 05-11-2005, 05:13 PM

Exterior gets more looks than interior.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:15 PM
MaximaFreak

Kinda makes me miss her ...
Old 05-12-2005, 06:34 AM

Because deep down, most people are riceboys. Not in the derogatory sense, but everyone (and people in this post confirm this) wants to be seen rolling down the street. It brings them more satisfaction than a cool interior. Plus the Maxima interior isn't terrible.

And the interior is more expensive to mod. Once you get past a shift **** and pedals, things get pricey. $800 racing seats, then $1400 to rewrap everything, $600 custom dash kit, etc. It all adds up.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
Because deep down, most people are riceboys. Not in the derogatory sense, but everyone (and people in this post confirm this) wants to be seen rolling down the street. It brings them more satisfaction than a cool interior. Plus the Maxima interior isn't terrible.

And the interior is more expensive to mod. Once you get past a shift **** and pedals, things get pricey. $800 racing seats, then $1400 to rewrap everything, $600 custom dash kit, etc. It all adds up.
everytime i think about the interior the exterior always wins, i do think the max interior is pretty decent and i do have leather a dash kit so thats enough for me.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:52 AM
GrandPa

I do both.

I had the shaft cut down about 2"'
CF shifter
CF e-brake cover

Cigar humidor

Custom pedals

Engine

Old 05-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Maxima Fanatic

Sweet setup ramberg! Liking the Cigar humidor.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by icelandmaxima
Sweet setup ramberg! Liking the Cigar humidor.

Thanks for comment. Warren

Old 05-12-2005, 07:39 PM

ramberg... holy sh*t!! a humidor? in a Max?

you are my HERO, man!
Old 05-12-2005, 08:13 PM

Now THAT is truly P.I.M.P......
Old 05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
MaximaFreak

Are those Ashton VSG's?
Old 05-12-2005, 11:01 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by CajunMaxima
ramberg... holy sh*t!! a humidor? in a Max?

you are my HERO, man!
Thanks for the comment. My friend chernmax made the humidor for me. I am retired and travel alot and like to light one up at times. I do not smoke in the car. Warren
Old 05-12-2005, 11:03 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Big_Ham
Are those Ashton VSG's?

No J&R double coroners.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:44 AM
MaximaFreak

Ahhh ... some wrapper similarities.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:34 PM

off topic... but I normally smoke Acids (I know they are "trendy", but they taste GREAT!"... Onyx... Helix... and a new one called "Diablo"

Quick Reply: Why do people mode the crap out of the exterior and not the interior?