General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Dealership Parts Prices???? how are they all diffrent?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Dealership Parts Prices???? how are they all diffrent?

Hey all, i was just wondering about this. cause it baffles me. but i was calling some local dealships looking for a belt tensioner assembly and i got 4 diffrent prices....4..... and not like couple bucks diffrence, one was 71.xx another was 61.xx another was 53.xx and the last but no least was from DaveB at 41.18 all for the same part, all diffrent dealerships, seriously, how do they get there pricing that they are all so damn diffrent??? im most likly gonna go with the 53$ one, only cause i need the part ASAP.....but i dunno it just does not make any sense, they all get there parts from nissan........anyone got any clue???....
Old 06-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

its probably the individual price mark up each place does.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Looking for a few good Maximas

Originally Posted by maximazation
its probably the individual price mark up each place does.
it's all about the benjamins, baby
Old 06-13-2005, 05:23 PM

Not all dealer has same pricing. They can charge what they want for. Other consideration is where they get their sourcing from the different distributors. That can be a factor. Such as you mention less from DaveB. Cuz that's in TX, they have a a lot of Nissan dealer there, so they have a warehouse distributors there. With my local nissan I only have two Nissan dealer in my city and they are priced the exact same execpt for the service. Blah!
Old 06-13-2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
Not all dealer has same pricing. They can charge what they want for. Other consideration is where they get their sourcing from the different distributors. That can be a factor. Such as you mention less from DaveB. Cuz that's in TX, they have a a lot of Nissan dealer there, so they have a warehouse distributors there. With my local nissan I only have two Nissan dealer in my city and they are priced the exact same execpt for the service. Blah!
That's why the internet levels the playing field--all the pricing is done from one source regardless of the dealership. It's not just Nissan--I was looking for a Volvo starter, and the range I came up with was $79 to $340. That wasn't just dealers, that was all the import car parts places. But guess what? The parts manager at the Volvo dealer told me to get the $79 one, it comes from the same distributor as all the others. He said theirs is remanuf. garbage anyway, it's not new.

The thing that's got me curious is why call around when they invented something called Internet Explorer in 1995?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:32 PM
dot dot dot ...

If I ever need a price asap, and don;t want to pay my local price, I will usually get a quote and print it out, typically from www.pinnaclenissan.com, or from DAVEB, take it to my locals and they will meet or beat it... And because I think it's common knowlegde that not every place will be the same ...
Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Old Maxima Legend

different owners
price wars

but hey no worries, example:
USA - nissan oil filter 6 bucks
NZ - 30 bucks
Old 06-14-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
... And because I think it's common knowlegde that not every place will be the same ...
True but not everyone know that each Nissan Dealership is independantly owned and can charge what ever they want. He might be thinking of them, or was thinking of them like say a grocery where the price you see at one is usually the price you'd see at another.

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
If I ever need a price asap, and don;t want to pay my local price, I will usually get a quote and print it out, typically from www.pinnaclenissan.com, or from DAVEB, take it to my locals and they will meet or beat it
I didnt even know it was possible to print out and have your dealer meet the price you have on paper. I might try that with my local dealer should I ever need to do so.