General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What do you guys think...Turbo or Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie King
You don't want a giant pontoon to be the last thing you see as its driving over you.

LMAO

but yea... (3rd post in this thread)

chicks dig fast cars too.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:21 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

if you ride defensivly and offensivly you can accomplish not being killed as easy. YOu just have to watch your back. Riding on a bike makes you a better drive cause it makes you think without 3000 pounds of metal around you. There is nothing wrong with having a bike at your age. I am just a year older than you and it was one of the best things i have ever done. Unlike most 18 - 24 year olds out there just be safe and not stupid and you will get alot further than some.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:32 PM

i'm also between a bike n supercharing my car. supercharging my car means that i will cut my engine life-span almost in half in a way. but a bike will be oh so fast but one accident will prob kill you. but lemme tell you that a hooked up car will turn faster than most bikes. thats right, you can turn faster than a bike. the bike can turn as far as you can lean. i myself have ridden up on bikes on a turn and even past them on a turn.. if you can make your car faster than a bike, then def make the car faster. how much fun would it be to blow a bike off the line. you know that will **** off the biker. i know i'll be a pansy tho if i do decide to get a bike, i'll also buy a truck n tow it wherever i'm gonna go. tow it to the beach, n ride around on my bike. plus i laugh at the bikers who are sitting under a bridge because its pouring outside. i mean come on, how many girls can you put on your bike. 1 MAX. but a nice maxima or i30, you can put 4!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 09:03 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
i'm also between a bike n supercharing my car. supercharging my car means that i will cut my engine life-span almost in half

not true...........
Old 06-18-2005, 09:05 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

[QUOTE=ImmaSquashYou]but lemme tell you that a hooked up car will turn faster than most bikes. thats right, you can turn faster than a bike. the bike can turn as far as you can lean. i myself have ridden up on bikes on a turn and even past them on a turn.. if you can make your car faster than a bike, then def make the car faster. how much fun would it be to blow a bike off the line. QUOTE]

lets see you do this with your max
Old 06-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i guess ill just have to see what oppportunities arise. If i find a killer deal on a bike, maybe ill get one, and if not, then ittle probably be the turbo. I spend money on nothin but the max so i figure all that ive saved has gotta go somewhere .
Old 06-18-2005, 09:26 PM

i myself have ridden up on bikes on a turn and even past them on a turn
wow damn, that has as much truth to it as the racing section of a Civic forum
Old 06-18-2005, 09:41 PM

most of the time people that wreck on bikes is b/c of some one else not caring about bikes, but at the same time you are young and going to want to show off just like you do in the max. I love bikes and I want a Honda CBR1000RR or an RC51. I would say turbo, but if its in you to get that bike go for it just be really careful to pay attention to others
Old 06-18-2005, 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=ManualMaxima]
but lemme tell you that a hooked up car will turn faster than most bikes. thats right, you can turn faster than a bike. the bike can turn as far as you can lean. i myself have ridden up on bikes on a turn and even past them on a turn.. if you can make your car faster than a bike, then def make the car faster. how much fun would it be to blow a bike off the line. QUOTE]

lets see you do this with your max

Someone at work was saying how his car was so fast and it was supposed to have 93 octane and how we only had crappy 91 in California (it was a Porshe). Once my friend got sick of hearing him show off, he asked him how quick it was, he was more than happy to tell him. He then asked how much he paid, and my buddy said well I paid this much less for my bike and it is this fast . Then the Porshe guy said something similar to what ImmaSquashYou said. My friend paused and then said "Well.... do you want to race?", no answer was given . He was trying to tell the show off to be quiet, and he did.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:31 PM

bike.
10char.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:38 PM

i'm not saying that i can beat a bike off the line. i'm saying that i can turn faster then the bike. i'm not saying all bikes, but i have turned faster than a lot of bikes. i drive the turnpike or parkway to school everyday, so i know the road like the back of my hand n know how fast i can go on each turn, since i try to push it 1mph more each time. maybe it was the person who was driving the bike. but all i know is that i am POSSIBLE n have DONE it, turning faster than a bike.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:17 PM

BIKE!
think how fast you can go on that.
you could beat every maxima out there
Old 06-18-2005, 11:30 PM

get a bike. you will have more fun and more looks.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by ruffrida24444
BIKE= PU$$Y...............nothing else said lol
Wow, you guys missed what he said completely. Bike = GETTING pus*y, not being a pus*y.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:50 AM

I went with bike and don't regret it one second. However if you're one who lacks self control or reallllly loves speed, go with the turbo. You'll kill yourself on the bike - I've seen it all too many times.
-Cyrus
Old 06-19-2005, 07:21 AM

I say turbo till insurance would be cheaper.

Are those the S15 headlights on the car? if so have any bigger pics?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:34 AM

is it really worth getting turbo even and spending all that money on it? i wouldnt do it because of the money and the amount of work u gotta put in after u put in turbo
Old 06-19-2005, 08:45 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by BigLou93SE
Wow, you guys missed what he said completely. Bike = GETTING pus*y, not being a pus*y.
I was only standing next to my boys bike once waiting for him to come back from Mcd's and three girls walked up to me asking me "is that your bike?"... I responded "I wish it was"......

this bike deal is a pu$$y getter for sure.....
Old 06-19-2005, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by KDog125
is it really worth getting turbo even and spending all that money on it? i wouldnt do it because of the money and the amount of work u gotta put in after u put in turbo

Agreed. It's a lot of money for a lot of hassle. And just to put an extra 80 HP into an older car. Your car won't be that much faster. 1/2 second faster from zero-to-sixty for all that money and all the problems. Newer family sedans will still be faster than you!

You can either bank your extra $4,000 and save it for your next car down the road. Or you can buy that bike if you really want it. Supercharger doesn't seem worth it anymore.

It was worth it in 1995-1998, but in 2005 it doesn't get you much bragging rights for all the expense and all of the problems.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
I just heard from a guy at work that insurance rates will go up if you add a supercharger or a turbo. I said what if you do not tell them. He said that if you get in a wreck and they find out you have one, that will give them a loop hole to get out of paying your claim. I am going to read the small print on my insurance policy. He said that is where he read that at. I just have to dig my policy out of one of the many boxes in my garage (we just moved it a couple of weeks ago).

VERY TRUE

i had a friend experience that firsthand.... he didnt tell him insurance about a supercharger, he flipped his car 4 times on 85.... when the adjuster came from his insurance and saw the supercharger, crushed up intercooler, my friend then recieved a notice a week later in certified mail(had to sign for it) stating his insurance had been canceled and hethat he would receive no reimbursement for his 1998 civic. and he had FULL COVERAGE
Old 06-19-2005, 04:43 PM

my friend has had 2 bikes and 2 accidents within in the last 2 months and still survived to tell about it, how lucky was he not to die. i would say go with a turbo because a car is just more useful than a bike, a bike has its seasons...or should i say season...SUMMER.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:10 PM

..think..

put yourself in this guy's shoes.....hes 18...he wants to go fast....unless most of you forget your emotions and tell him how f'd up he can end up...hes gonna get a bike...but anyways....getting a turbo maxima to a somewhat unexperienced driver wont be much better either......so.....my 2 pennies

hmmmm..im not saying you are irresponsible or a bad driver....but you're 18...seriously....no matter how responsible we say we are....the experience is not there....unless youve done a lot of driving and know how to handle most situations...then yea.. but its likely that you havent .....err..whatever....its your life....
Old 06-19-2005, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by drvefastho
put yourself in this guy's shoes.....hes 18...he wants to go fast....unless most of you forget your emotions and tell him how f'd up he can end up...hes gonna get a bike...but anyways....getting a turbo maxima to a somewhat unexperienced driver wont be much better either......so.....my 2 pennies

maybe true but with the boosted Max there will atleast be air bags and seat belts to save a life versus a helmet.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:33 PM
ruffrida24444

i meant BIKE= getting Pu$$y not being one. how would having a bike make you a ***** anyway... i say get a bike, take it easy and dont go nuts for a few months. get a loud *** pipe so you can be heard as well... loud pipes save lives..lol good luck

Old 06-19-2005, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by ruffrida24444
i meant BIKE= getting Pu$$y

Old 06-20-2005, 12:45 AM

if u get the bike atleast TAKE LESSONS. i only tried out my dads ninja in the driveway and almost died! imagine me on a street.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4Max
wow damn, that has as much truth to it as the racing section of a Civic forum
roflll i remeber awhile back some dude with an auto 4th gen said he whipped a r-1, some dude got his friends from the r1 forum to join this site and they flamed the shiet out of him loll
Old 06-20-2005, 08:56 AM

WOW, $4000 for a turbo and only 1/2 second faster? wtf...where are these expensive *** shops that are charging people $4k for a turbo? I'm getting mine done for $1500 and we're definately aiming for 400-500 hp.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:29 AM

Bike Bike Bike. One thing though, TAKE THE MSF COURSE. They teach you everything you need to know and you walk out of there with a license. Oh and another thing, ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR. You wouldn't want to be a human scab. I've seen it, it's not pretty.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:26 AM

bike best fast for the money, worst safe too
Old 06-20-2005, 11:45 AM

hayabusa!
but keep it for the track, i dont think ya wana get smuked by an absent minded overworked mom. My max deals with enough of thoese
Old 06-20-2005, 11:56 AM

turbo, just think...bike just think... i think turbo. just think, how many kids have bikes and wring wring wringignignignigngig. cool. but turbo maxima. thats something new to non maxima enthusiasts. and just save urself some skin and or an early burial.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mximus
Ive got the choice to either put a nice turbo setup on my car but the end of this summer or buy a crotch rocket next spring. Im thinkin the bike would be the better investment that i would beable to get more money out of but i donno, having a fast car would be sweet too. Let me know your opinion.
if it's the milage your concerned about be safe get the turbo and get a montain bike to go to work, school or wherever, and wait a few more years to get a serious bike, i'ma get a GSXR when I turn 21

-Dexter
Old 06-20-2005, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 96MillyS
LMAO

but yea... (3rd post in this thread)

chicks dig fast cars too.
+ you can cram more chicks in a car than you could ever put in a bike

(2nd post in this thread)

-Dexter
Old 06-20-2005, 12:17 PM
dot dot dot ...

But the chicks will look some much better on a bike, then again you wont get to enjoy the as.s shot.

I'd go turbo, or get another car.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 95jr6708
turbo, just think...bike just think... i think turbo. just think, how many kids have bikes and wring wring wringignignignigngig. cool. but turbo maxima. thats something new to non maxima enthusiasts. and just save urself some skin and or an early burial.
Yeah, when people hear Turbocharged they think Subaru's Skylines, Supras, and your generic Ricemobiles (Civics and the such ),and a Bike can be fun and fast but heads turning to the spooling sound of your TURBOCHARGED VQ30DE engine is PRICELESS (and safer) but it's your money so do what ever you want.

-Dexter

(3rd Post)
Old 06-20-2005, 02:07 PM

okay...time for cefiro8701's opinion....

1st and foremost...under no circumstances should you ever put fun in front of your safety....

2nd...you might be the best motorcyclist in the world...but sometimes the world is full stupid drivers with big killing machines that weight a lot more than you and that bike put together...

3rd...i've been in two car accidents and walked away with no scratches...i don't think i'll be able to say the same about riding a motorcycle...

4th...most photos i see online with motorcycles are more horrific than those with cars...

5th point...i can easily knock a car down...best i can do to a car's body is dent the doo-doo out of it...

6th point...getting a flat on a car is terrifying...imagine being on a bike doing 90 and getting one...

7th

8th...take a helmet...put it on...run into the wall as fast as you can and see what happens...if it doesnt hurt at all...then by all means get a bike because you are invincible and.

9th...airbags feel a whole lot better than pavement...even with a helmet...

....these are probably the same point over and over...but i really want to make my point...nothing as useless as a joyride is worth your life...

end of this argument
Old 06-20-2005, 02:15 PM
dot dot dot ...

IMO Cool pic, but should've tagged it NWS.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by chenzarino
Bike Bike Bike. One thing though, TAKE THE MSF COURSE. They teach you everything you need to know and you walk out of there with a license. Oh and another thing, ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR. You wouldn't want to be a human scab. I've seen it, it's not pretty.
Chenzarino knows what he's talking about, as far as MSF goes... best money and time investment you can ever make, if you're going to ride (except maybe your own private continent to ride around on). Many accidents are caused by other drivers/riders, and you can't do much about that, but a lot of accidents and fatalities, more importantly, are caused by riders who don't know what they're doing and wring out their shiny liter bike in their first month of riding. Riding a motorcycle is always a risk, but it's a fun risk, so do what you can to minimize the risk part.

Why not get that turbo and start spending the small money getting into motorcycles? MSF class, cheap used learner bike, that kind of stuff. If you already have a license and know how to ride, this doesn't apply to you, but otherwise you get the best of both worlds, and will be much safer when you get that sportbike later on. On the other hand, turbo+install+tuning+support will probably cost more than your estimate, and classes+bike+gear+bike mods (don't think it won't happen) will too.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:32 PM

i would go turbo..bike plus idiots in cars who cant drive makes you

Quick Reply: What do you guys think...Turbo or Bike?