General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just had an accident, so PIISSSED (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just had an accident, so PIISSSED (pics)

Before I continue, i'd like to apologize if I offend you while I vent. Anyway, I drop my g/f off at the train station and as I drive through the straight away exiting the parking lot, this dumb azz b*tch comes flying into me. She was suppose to stop at the intersection of the parking lot before she pulls out but she was speeding across the parking lot. Anyway, the damage isn't completely bad, but it's just frustrating to have these dumb azz b*tches to be driving around cluelessly and not knowing how to drive. After she gets out of her car , she calls her dad and starts yelling and screaming about how she ran into me and it's her fault. I was so pissed that I kept screaming "FRUCK", so she got scared and started crying. Anyway, after 10 minutes her dad arrives in a brand new CLK55 AMG with her mom. Her dad starts yelling at the girl and apologizes to me and tells me to give him a call with an estimate adn he'll take care of it.

I had never had an accident on this car before so the car was in PERFECT condition. Now I know my hood and fenders will never line up properly. Only thing i'm so glad about is that my HIDS are still ok but just scratched up badly. If my HIDS were busted or cracked I would have probably choked the b*tch. Anyway, lesson is no matter how safe and slow you drive, you'll get into accidents regardless because of these dumb azz people. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ,

Here are some pics that I took with my camera phone.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:02 PM

damn sam, im sorry. im talkin to you on AIM tho, so i dont need to say much here...but could be time for some CF and a lip kit
Old 07-04-2005, 08:06 PM
大陆弟弟

That really sucks, but good thign damage wasn't too bad. Good luck with reapirs
Old 07-04-2005, 08:07 PM

Sorry man

Damn Sam, and I thought you'd have a good July 4th weekend. I think everything will line up just fine. You're going to need an entire new front bumper cover as well.

I know we spoke about it already, but I'm posting the body shop referral for you again, just in case you need it:

K&E Autobody
111-12 101 Ave
Richmond Hill, NY 11419

(718) 847-7393
Old 07-04-2005, 09:28 PM
dot dot dot ...

That sucks, but it turned out to be good since she didn't wrongfully blame you. Always have to look at the positive side of every situations.

What kind/model of phone is that?

I wonder if it would've been different if she was hot?
Old 07-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Alex_V

At least you were around for it. I just noticed some one hit my front with slightly more damage on the same side as your wreck. It must have been 20 or so mph, because my bumpers pretty bad. I can drive around and not have it be too noticeable but the alignment is all messed up. Im pissed too.Ill have to get some pics... The funny part is my hood closes every time now, before I'd have to slam it 2-3 times. Go figure.

~Alex

Old 07-05-2005, 05:20 AM
Getting back to his roots

Girl in a 2001+ Jetta w/ NY plates = spoiled little rich girl who can't drive. Go to any college in the Northeast, they are a dime a dozen. Probly shouldn't have been screaming obscenities at her, it really didn't help your cause at all.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:19 AM

Dude you should get the HIDs replaced anyway because you never know what internal damage may have been done to the ballasts. Get um replaced and sell the old ones.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:28 AM

sammy the hood and bumper will not be the same (lining up) I had that problem with my accident.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by 2kprlmax
sammy the hood and bumper will not be the same (lining up) I had that problem with my accident.
Nonsense! You must have taken your car to Maaco or some second-rate shop. Don't worry about misalignment. Take your car to a reputable shop and they'll fix it right.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by rmurdoch
Nonsense! You must have taken your car to Maaco or some second-rate shop. Don't worry about misalignment. Take your car to a reputable shop and they'll fix it right.
exactly, find the best guys around, the girl's family will take care of it.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:35 AM

I hate to say it Sam but, that's a common occurrence. Between NJ Transit, Metro North and LIRR stations, you'll see THE WORST driving EVER from people wrecklessly trying to make the train.

I usually commute through an NJTstation and usually sit with my wife in the car until the train pulls in. In just sitting there with her, we see SOOOOO many people that shouldnt even have a license....and in some cases probably should be a passenger (Off the top of my head, I can think of two women I see daily that drive in this crowded lot as though they were in a D1 event.)

Sorry for your misfortune.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:38 AM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by F23A4
(Off the top of my head, I can think of two women I see daily that drive in this crowded lot as though they were in a D1 event.)
LOL....you ought to see the women in my town and around driving their H2 Hummers...scary sight indeed.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:58 AM

sucks man...at least you are ok..true, no matter how slow you could be going...sometimes the slower the worse the accident too !! crazy !!
Old 07-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Banned

Whats with the plate saying no limit? U a no limit solja?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sammzway
I had never had an accident on this car before so the car was in PERFECT condition. Now I know my hood and fenders will never line up properly. Only thing i'm so glad about is that my HIDS are still ok but just scratched up badly. If my HIDS were busted or cracked I would have probably choked the b*tch. Anyway, lesson is no matter how safe and slow you drive, you'll get into accidents regardless because of these dumb azz people. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ,

Here are some pics that I took with my camera phone.

nothing that insurance can't take care of! If your Housing or HIDs are busted replace with their insurance. Like KCMC said, this is time to get a lip kit hood, etc...
Old 07-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Damn, you got Jetta'ed, that sucks, at last they HAVE insurance, F&%ker's in the DC Metro area would have bolted... Don't forget to ask for the rental during your repairs on their dime...

Last, for a head shot from a Jetta, her car still looks fairly good hood and alignment wise???
Old 07-05-2005, 09:10 AM

murdoch - I took it to a reputable shop. What I am saying is that my car the hood extends over the bumper a bit, but everything is lined up properly. I will get pics tonite.

Originally Posted by rmurdoch
Old 07-05-2005, 09:25 AM

dam son last time i cursed a bich out she drove off, im still looking for her little ****en ***, im going to beat the shiet out of her and that little *** hyundai, dumb biches they only good for one thing, and i aint even going say it.

neways sorry about your accident im still mad about mine, cuz my shiet got hit when i just brought it out the shop.

i wonder if girls of higher insurance, because they should.... i woulda slapped That bich sammm, sue her for everything she got
Old 07-05-2005, 03:22 PM

Okay, well I just received an estimate today from this bodyshop that Packetattack sent me to. Total cost is (get ready) $3600. The guy told me everything will be brand spanking new. So I called that girl's dad up to tell him about my estimate. His response was "oh **** thats so much money, oh my god oh my god". Anyway, I was nice enough to say ok pay $2000 and i'll pay the rest, he goes off on me by saying oh thats still too much and bla bla bla. So his final conclusion was lets claim insurance and let our insurance take care of things. The problem is, if I claim insurance, my insurance (being a NYer) will go sky rocketing. So I really don't even want to bother with insurance. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just when I thought i'm gonna enjoy the summer.. lol.

Oh and my camera phone is Sharp TM150. Megapixel phone, it's pretty neat, only thing is the battery sucks on this thing.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:26 PM

Sorry to hear about the accident Sam... I hope things get worked out soon, with minimal hassle to ya...
Old 07-05-2005, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
dam son last time i cursed a bich out she drove off, im still looking for her little ****en ***, im going to beat the shiet out of her and that little *** hyundai, dumb biches they only good for one thing, and i aint even going say it.

neways sorry about your accident im still mad about mine, cuz my shiet got hit when i just brought it out the shop.

i wonder if girls of higher insurance, because they should.... i woulda slapped That bich sammm, sue her for everything she got
Bro i know exactly how you feel... it's like no matter how hard we try, we always get fruked becuz of other wreckless morans. It makes me so mad that I feel like selling off my car and buy a beat up ford taurus and drive it like a careless bastard.. like they say, if you can't beat em, join em.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Always sunny in philly

at least its being taken care of...good luck
Old 07-05-2005, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Sorry to hear about the accident Sam... I hope things get worked out soon, with minimal hassle to ya...

Thanks man.. by the way I changed my screen name. It's Sammzway143 (don't ask).. so hit me up when ur online.

Surprisingly the damage is A LOT worst then it looks. My chasy is bent and they need to straighten that out..
Old 07-05-2005, 03:45 PM

Okay, well I just received an estimate today from this bodyshop that Packetattack sent me to. Total cost is (get ready) $3600. The guy told me everything will be brand spanking new. So I called that girl's dad up to tell him about my estimate. His response was "oh **** thats so much money, oh my god oh my god". Anyway, I was nice enough to say ok pay $2000 and i'll pay the rest, he goes off on me by saying oh thats still too much and bla bla bla. So his final conclusion was lets claim insurance and let our insurance take care of things. The problem is, if I claim insurance, my insurance (being a NYer) will go sky rocketing. So I really don't even want to bother with insurance. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just when I thought i'm gonna enjoy the summer.. lol.

Oh and my camera phone is Sharp TM150. Megapixel phone, it's pretty neat, only thing is the battery sucks on this thing.
your insurance will not go up, because hers will have to pay out. the only way yours can go up is if your ins. pays out.

there is no way I would let them go with only paying $2,000 make them pay the whole thing. that two grand only makes up for the fact that it has been in an accident. The accident is her fault, dont let them off the hook, and if he comes back saying "ok I will pay $2,000" tell him too late pal, now you pay full price, you had a chance and you let it go. you have no legal responsibility to uphold the $2,000 once he turns it down.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by upstatemax
your insurance will not go up, because hers will have to pay out. the only way yours can go up is if your ins. pays out.

there is no way I would let them go with only paying $2,000 make them pay the whole thing. that two grand only makes up for the fact that it has been in an accident. The accident is her fault, dont let them off the hook, and if he comes back saying "ok I will pay $2,000" tell him too late pal, now you pay full price, you had a chance and you let it go. you have no legal responsibility to uphold the $2,000 once he turns it down.
Well stated.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

talk to your insurance company, your rates shouldn't go up, you weren't at fault. As long as you don't process the claim, there won't be a record with the company, and your rates definitely won't change.

(happened to my parents, my aunt drove through the back of the garage when she was learning to drive, the $500 each vehicle deductable was the same price as the cheap body shop, so my parents ended up not going with insurance to get good body work done)

You should be in a situation for the girl's insurance company to pay for all your damages. If you have full insurance, you just need to tell them what happened, and they'll pay for your repairs, then do all the leg work of going to the other insurance company for the money.

good luck with whatever you decide to do. The money thing is difficult, and it might just be best to go through insurance so that there isn't any confusion about how much each party is willing to pay.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:42 PM

Thanks again for all the tips and info guys, I really appreciate it. I've decided to go through the insurance company. I received a call from the police officer that helped me out and he told me the police report should be ready tomorrow, i'm gonna pick it up and drop the car off at the bodyshop. The bodyshop will take care of the rest. I'll keep you guys informed on whats up. Funny thing is, the cop told me that surprisingly the parking lot had NO stop signs and NO yeild or slow down sign. So basically everyone had the right to go or stop on their own.. JUST what i needed to help situation..
Old 07-05-2005, 04:43 PM

I agree...her insurance should cover it cause it was her fault...if not SHE should pay for whatever her parents don't want to cover. That really sucks...at least it was just a fender bender and not a high speed collision and its good they weren't stupid enough to try and blame you somehow. Hope it gets fixed and payed for alright!
Old 07-05-2005, 05:16 PM

Good thing you go pics so they can't deny the accident
Old 07-05-2005, 05:23 PM

make sure her insurance company knows she was traveling too fast in the parking lot.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Getting back to his roots

Thanks again for all the tips and info guys, I really appreciate it. I've decided to go through the insurance company. I received a call from the police officer that helped me out and he told me the police report should be ready tomorrow, i'm gonna pick it up and drop the car off at the bodyshop. The bodyshop will take care of the rest. I'll keep you guys informed on whats up. Funny thing is, the cop told me that surprisingly the parking lot had NO stop signs and NO yeild or slow down sign. So basically everyone had the right to go or stop on their own.. JUST what i needed to help situation..

If your car is driveable, I'd hold off on the repairs until your insurance company receives the money from her insurance company. Don't want to get stuck w/ the bill if complications arise.

P.S. Definitely DO NOT cut that chick or her family any slack. If she was at fault, she is responsible for all costs. I got rear-ended by some guy once, I tried to be nice and have him pay out of pocket for a new bumper, but he turned into a total deadbeat. I edned up going through insurance, which was fine because he was at fault and they took care of it promptly. Don't hesitate to be an a$$hole when it comes to getting your car fixed when someone else is to blame, especially if they balk at the price.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Well, good luck sam, and watch out for crazy-driving girls!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:04 PM

take her daddy for a ride and get every penny you deserve.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:18 PM

Okay so, today I get a call from the girl's dad and according to him he was "FRUSTRATED". He goes off about how it's all my fault and now he is frustrated and stressed because i'm gonna claim his insurance and caused the accident and how I filed a police report. He called me a conartist and goes off on me. WTF kinda shiz is this? I told him to go *** himself and not to call me cuz i'm gonna deal strictly with his insurance. He seemed real pissed off and he told me he's gonna sue me for everything. I called up my insurance company as well as the bodyshop and they told me not to worry about anything and once I get my police report, i have to bring the car and police report to them and they'll take care of it all. It's amazing how much of an azzhole some people can be.
On top of all this, my car looks so nasty wow. I can't even bare to look at the car anymore. I feel like one of those irresponsible idiots that drive around in their Pontiac and Buick with all kind of dents and stuff, and drives wreckless becuz their car is ****ty so they can careless about other cars.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:30 PM

Oh boy, sorry to hear this, but remember I told you over AIM, that this can and probably will happen. At least you still have his insurance info and those pics. That's probably all you have to prove it.

Let me know if you run into any difficulties with your or her insurance company. I have someone for hire that specifically handles insurance claims cases such as these for you, the consumer. Good luck with everything.

Okay so, today I get a call from the girl's dad and according to him he was "FRUSTRATED". He goes off about how it's all my fault and now he is frustrated and stressed because i'm gonna claim his insurance and caused the accident and how I filed a police report. He called me a conartist and goes off on me. WTF kinda shiz is this? I told him to go *** himself and not to call me cuz i'm gonna deal strictly with his insurance. He seemed real pissed off and he told me he's gonna sue me for everything. I called up my insurance company as well as the bodyshop and they told me not to worry about anything and once I get my police report, i have to bring the car and police report to them and they'll take care of it all. It's amazing how much of an azzhole some people can be.
On top of all this, my car looks so nasty wow. I can't even bare to look at the car anymore. I feel like one of those irresponsible idiots that drive around in their Pontiac and Buick with all kind of dents and stuff, and drives wreckless becuz their car is ****ty so they can careless about other cars.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:43 PM

That sucks man good luck
Old 07-06-2005, 09:39 PM

sorry to hear about ur luck.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Thank the PR!CK for being so unprofessionable about the whole situation and tell him you will let the police report and insurance companies do the talking from now on. It should be a good lesson for both him and his daughter. THE GLOVES ARE OFF NOW BABY...
Old 07-07-2005, 07:50 AM

I can't even bare to look at the car anymore. I feel like one of those irresponsible idiots that drive around in their Pontiac and Buick with all kind of dents and stuff, and drives wreckless becuz their car is ****ty so they can careless about other cars.
Don't worry about it...lots of us have been in an accident at one point and since you have such a nice car I'm sure nobody will think that you're one of those irresponsible people. They'll probably start crying after they see such a nice Maxima damaged!

Anyway, definitely avoid talking to that guy anymore, he's trying every last thing he can try to get you to let him off the hook. People are so stupid...why would he try to sue you?? His daughter is totally at fault! He can't go anywhere with that. Definitely let insurance and the police handle it and its awesome you have pictures!!! Does that guy know you have em?

Quick Reply: Just had an accident, so PIISSSED (pics)