General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I hate to hear stuff like this-->

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 10:56 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I went to play basketball with my friend tonight and I herad about a major accident that happened a couple days ago...apparently two guys were racing down University Blvd.(wheaton, MD) during one afternoon w/ light traffic, apprarently the speed got too great for one of them and he looses control, hits the other guy he's racing and kills a woman crossing the street...... the realy scary part about this is that my girl's little cousin walks home from school this way and hearing stuff like this really hits close to home when you think, what if it were him?? my girl is still kinda shook about the whole thing, and that really sucks. but even worse I'm thinking about the innocent woman that was killed because of these guys stupidity. The part that also sucks is these guys probably considered themselves "racers" and said "yeah my car is fast and I can handle it at any speed", unfortunately that didnt happen! now I'm no angel on the road myself, but I know when to burn some rubber and when to play it safe not just for myslef but everyone else! so just a warning to ANYONE out there who participates in "unorganized illegeal" street racing, please be careful, you never know who you're racing or what type of driving skills they have...and most importently you never know whats around that corner or who's stepping off the curb to cross the street.

sorry for the speech or sorts, but this was on my mind tonight and it sucks that someone innocent died in this tragic event! Be careful out there!
Old 05-22-2001, 11:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DA-MAX
I went to play basketball with my friend tonight and I herad about a major accident that happened a couple days ago...apparently two guys were racing down University Blvd.(wheaton, MD) during one afternoon w/ light traffic, apprarently the speed got too great for one of them and he looses control, hits the other guy he's racing and kills a woman crossing the street...... the realy scary part about this is that my girl's little cousin walks home from school this way and hearing stuff like this really hits close to home when you think, what if it were him?? my girl is still kinda shook about the whole thing, and that really sucks. but even worse I'm thinking about the innocent woman that was killed because of these guys stupidity. The part that also sucks is these guys probably considered themselves "racers" and said "yeah my car is fast and I can handle it at any speed", unfortunately that didnt happen! now I'm no angel on the road myself, but I know when to burn some rubber and when to play it safe not just for myslef but everyone else! so just a warning to ANYONE out there who participates in "unorganized illegeal" street racing, please be careful, you never know who you're racing or what type of driving skills they have...and most importently you never know whats around that corner or who's stepping off the curb to cross the street.

sorry for the speech or sorts, but this was on my mind tonight and it sucks that someone innocent died in this tragic event! Be careful out there!
I here you man, 2 of my friends died in a car accident not to long ago. Also 2 nights ago a little girl infront of my friends appartment was hit and killed. I have decided it's just not worth screwing around anymore it's way to expensive and dangerous.