General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Those with upgrade SC pulley or SC running NOS. Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 05:44 AM

What pulley and amount of boost are you running with your smaller pulley? If you're using the SC+NOS combo what kind of boost and what shot of Nitrous are you running?

I am sure I could go with a smaller pulley on my SC but I think that Nitrous could also be a good intercooler. I'm stuck between adding more boost and possibly burning up the internels of the SC due to a lot more heat being generated with a smaller pulley, and running a nitrous system in conjunction with my SC to get more power.

If you have upgraded your pulley on your SC, how long have you had your setup like this?

How many miles do you have?

What other modifications have you done or found necessary to keep your Maxima reliable?

How does your car drive with the smaller pulley? Any issues with it or is it troublefree?

I got to thinking with JC Whitney running that great deal on Nitrous systems, what to do with my car when it reaches "project car" status in the future. Thinking of running a dual bottle or a single big bottle system with a 50 hp shot. I want to use those 3 coin holders in the center console and mounting switches that will open/shut bottle 1, open bottle 2 when bottle 1 is getting close to empty, and 1 for bottle heaters.

I was thinking of keeping a lot of juice on tap with the 2 bottles or the single big bottle so that I would not run out of N20 at an inopportune time. That and fill ups would be less frequent, last longer, but in the end more costly.

I know that I could buy something that has more power, but I don't really want to do that. Something about how unique the Maxima is... although the Subura WRX looks pretty promising. Who knows what else may be brought over and catch my attention as my main car in the future.

Give me your thoughts and opinions you all
Old 05-24-2001, 06:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jgadlage
What other modifications have you done or found necessary to keep your Maxima reliable?

EGT Gauge!!! Perhaps a Knock Guard system. Juice and boost are good to a point.

I was thinking of keeping a lot of juice on tap with the 2 bottles or the single big bottle so that I would not run out of N20 at an inopportune time. That and fill ups would be less frequent, last longer, but in the end more costly.

A good idea, but 50# of nitrous is 50# more weight you have to lug around. But if you will use it all the time, why not.