General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Work Ethic/Character (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 09:57 AM
CAN YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?

Work Ethic/Character (long)

WTF? Is it me or are other people having the same luck I am at finding every person that gives you their word or commits to getting something done and never follows through with it on time. I have reached my limit and need to
b!tch for a few minutes!
For the last 3 months, I have had more people tell me they could get **** done for me and it's not happened. They end up wasting my time and money and I end up having to do it myself. If you commit to doing something, even if it sucks, *******it follow through! Here is a list of stuff that was turned over to someone else to be responsible for:

Refinishing Wheels: after a month had to ask for them back and do them myself
Grille Project Phase 1(April-June): Find a manufacturer to make custom grille=person responsible for it lets it drop, I find a mfg to make it.
Grille Project Phase 2(June-Aug): Have said person get my grille to California to make prototype=same as above, have to buy a new grille and make arrangements to get to California on short time frame.
Grille Project Phase 2(Aug): Original grille arrives in CA after I buy new grille (money wasted)
Grille Projet Phase 2 (Aug): New grille paid for but not shipped or delivered by agreed upon date and paid extra for express shipping.
Custom Engine Cover: After doing all repair work to it to shave emblem, two ppl who commited to painting it for me bail at the last minute, and person who does paint it screws it up and I have to find someone else to paint it.
Springs: Ordered and not shipped on time.
RearSwayBar: Ordered and never shipped, Had to reorder
Sale I am running for a friend: No word back from ower of company on shipping and people barkin up my *** because the he hasn't gotten me the info/or shipped the parts yet like he should have putting me in a spot where I look like an *** because I am the one running the sale to move his product and make him money.
Clutch for my 57 chevy: Order from local company because I prefer to do business locally if I can. After reassuring me it is a whole kit, PP, Bearing, and Clutch Disc my order got delayed a few days. The clutch comes in but it's not a clutch, its just a Pressure Plate! never mind that I have several car shows to attend with this car and I can't get it there until I get the Clutch Kit...And the PP was $75 more than the whole kit from Jegs!
I am tired of people not following through and making commitments they aren't willing or able to honor. Don't people have any character, or is it just a f@ck you world we live in today? I don't know what is going on with society, but this is rediculous. I am not perfect, but I try my damndest to get something done if I have given my commitment to be responsible for something...wether it is a product being as described on ebay, to being a fair salesperson. I try to treat people as I would like to be treated. If I screw up, even if it really sucks to make things right, I will do what I can to make it so. I guess people like me are the minority these days...please let me know I am not the only one that is pissed about this, or has any character these days.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Sounds like you've sure had a frustrating summer. No, you're not alone. I've had many of the same type things happen to me. I've also leaned some valuable lessons....the most important for me is to never give up and maintain a positive attitude. The result has been that some of the setbacks I've had turned into great opportunities down the road.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:22 AM

I agree with you...it seems that so many people are incompetent and its very frustrating. I thought it was just in this crappy isolated town I live in but I guess its everywhere. I think that our society is just becoming very lazy, unreliable, and self serving instead of thining of others. I spend so much time at work cleaning up and fixing issues caused by my coworkers, but I figure if I don't, I'm just as bad. There are still many great people out there so its just that much nicer when you encounter them.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

OT :attention

**** happens, learn how to deal with it and you'll win in the end.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:46 PM

i can deal with it, its just very disappointing that everywhere i turn, someone is dropping the ball. i can't do everything myself, and do have to unfortunately rely on others to do THEIR job. From finding a roofer to do the job right, to finding someone who does what they say they will...it is a sad state when you should have to expect to be let down when you rely on someone else to do their own job...It is pathetic I have to micro manage every aspect of turning a project over at work or in personal life because if I don't, the ball almost always gets dropped or the work gets done half a$$ed...I am tired of shotty quality work and people not following through with what they commit to thats all. I only know a few people anymore that if they tell me they will take care of something or get it done on time that they actually do. I am so fed up with people messin my stuff up cause they don't give a **** about others' stuff...if it's not theirs, its not a priority to do it well or on time. As for the soap box...damn right. As for **** happens...you must not have this happen often, or you are one of the people who doesn't give a ****. for someone that experiences this nearly every day, I needed to say something before I snaped.

What I've learned:
Do everything you can yourself, even it you don't think you can...you may surprise yourself at how well you do.

Even if you screw it up, you probably learned a lot more than if you had someone else do it.

Don't depend on others unless you have a flexible pocket book or timeline.

They say stuff like this builds character. After all the adversity I have been through, I should have more character than most people twice my age. I could teach a class on character I've had so much experience. I'm thinkin at this point, if there was a single pile of steaming cow **** in a field and I was asked to walk from one side to the other blindfolded, the path I would choose would inevitably take me through the pile of ****!
Old 08-14-2005, 08:50 PM

I can feel your pain with most of this. I ordered a set of volk rims on May 5th, august 5th was the "60-90" day mark, and wheels still aren't here, tires are though. I'm still waiting on my rear bbk to come in from precision brakes, the front kit was supposed to ship on Friday, we'll see if that's true. A custom set of rods/pistons from www.importperformaceparts.net that was supposed to be an "8-12 week" wait arrived, and then was sold to another person due to "associate error". So I canceled that and threw away a couple hundred bucks cancellation fee. Overall, I was hoping to be done with the motor/some exterior by the end of the summer, but it won't be happening. I've given up on most of it, I might pick it back up at the beginning of next summer, don't know if the horsepower bug will bite again.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm needing a caw

You will have ANOTHER problem if you don't resize that damn sig and take that chickie off there.

Originally Posted by IWNTMORHP!!
i can deal with it, its just very disappointing that everywhere i turn, someone is dropping the ball. i can't do everything myself, and do have to unfortunately rely on others to do THEIR job. From finding a roofer to do the job right, to finding someone who does what they say they will...it is a sad state when you should have to expect to be let down when you rely on someone else to do their own job...It is pathetic I have to micro manage every aspect of turning a project over at work or in personal life because if I don't, the ball almost always gets dropped or the work gets done half a$$ed...I am tired of shotty quality work and people not following through with what they commit to thats all. I only know a few people anymore that if they tell me they will take care of something or get it done on time that they actually do. I am so fed up with people messin my stuff up cause they don't give a **** about others' stuff...if it's not theirs, its not a priority to do it well or on time. As for the soap box...damn right. As for **** happens...you must not have this happen often, or you are one of the people who doesn't give a ****. for someone that experiences this nearly every day, I needed to say something before I snaped.

What I've learned:
Do everything you can yourself, even it you don't think you can...you may surprise yourself at how well you do.

Even if you screw it up, you probably learned a lot more than if you had someone else do it.

Don't depend on others unless you have a flexible pocket book or timeline.

They say stuff like this builds character. After all the adversity I have been through, I should have more character than most people twice my age. I could teach a class on character I've had so much experience. I'm thinkin at this point, if there was a single pile of steaming cow **** in a field and I was asked to walk from one side to the other blindfolded, the path I would choose would inevitably take me through the pile of ****!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:39 PM

what? i gotta take her off? resize is fine, but i have to take my sister in law off?