General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Has this ever happen to you???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 06:06 PM
KDLMax

Well it happend to me last night, I was sleeping when all of a sudden I was awakened from a loud "BANG" and then a car alarm siren. I got up and looked out my bedroom window, I saw nothing. Then this car alarm that I was hearing shut off. I didn't see anything so I went back to sleep. Woke up this morning, went to the kitchen window and looked outside. There it was my Max without the spoiler. I got F*cked last night, I am hurt and upset. My baby is going to be two years old tomorrow and this happens. I dont have a garage, I have no choice but to leave my car outside. I never had a problem until last night. I have really never been worried about my car getting stolen I have always worried about haven my spoiler stolen, its really the easiest part to steal from a car.
I called Stillen for a spoiler but they don't sell them anymore, that sucks!!! I called Courtesy and they wouldn't have my color spoiler for me until next week. You see Nissan spoilers are already color coded. Courtesy's price was $262.00. I then had no choice but to have my dealer order one, and guess what? They charged me $506.00, those f*cken ripoff bastards. I told them about Courtesy's price and they told me that I must be getting crap. Most of these New York City Nissan dealers are a bunch of theives!!!
Well I had no choice but to buy it, I cant have my car looking like that for this holiday weekend. I hope to get it to a body shop, fixed and installed tomorrow.
Has anybody ever had ther spoiler stolened? I hope it never happens to you.

I would like to thank Hogan(Yoitsok) for advise and for trying to help me get my spoiler installed tomorrow.

Old 05-24-2001, 07:14 PM

what the hell is wrong with people!! I have never heard of this before.
Old 05-24-2001, 08:06 PM

That sucks man.
One night I cought some idiots staling stuff from cars on our street I called the cops and they came by before those punks got to my max. Now I keep a camera on my car it comes on every time the light is turned on by a moving object. It is verry usefull, I cought those same punks schraching cars and breaking windows 2 weeks later, they where charged and put in jail.
Old 05-24-2001, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by Kandee
Well it happend to me last night, I was sleeping when all of a sudden I was awakened from a loud "BANG" and then a car alarm siren. I got up and looked out my bedroom window, I saw nothing. Then this car alarm that I was hearing shut off. I didn't see anything so I went back to sleep. Woke up this morning, went to the kitchen window and looked outside. There it was my Max without the spoiler. I got F*cked last night, I am hurt and upset. My baby is going to be two years old tomorrow and this happens. I dont have a garage, I have no choice but to leave my car outside. I never had a problem until last night. I have really never been worried about my car getting stolen I have always worried about haven my spoiler stolen, its really the easiest part to steal from a car.
I called Stillen for a spoiler but they don't sell them anymore, that sucks!!! I called Courtesy and they wouldn't have my color spoiler for me until next week. You see Nissan spoilers are already color coded. Courtesy's price was $262.00. I then had no choice but to have my dealer order one, and guess what? They charged me $506.00, those f*cken ripoff bastards. I told them about Courtesy's price and they told me that I must be getting crap. Most of these New York City Nissan dealers are a bunch of theives!!!
Well I had no choice but to buy it, I cant have my car looking like that for this holiday weekend. I hope to get it to a body shop, fixed and installed tomorrow.
Has anybody ever had ther spoiler stolened? I hope it never happens to you.

I would like to thank Hogan(Yoitsok) for advise and for trying to help me get my spoiler installed tomorrow.
nope, never happened to me...i have a mid-wing...i really don't worry bout mine getting ripped from my max too much...cuz the way i see it..if someone wants it bad enough they'll find a way to get it...no matter if u have a garage or not...i know alot of peep back in the days that did that shiit for fun...y spend $500 on a factory spoiler...my mid-wing cost $300 for the wing, paint, and install...y not go aftermarket or so??even if u wanted stock spoiler at least go w/ courtesy to save $$$...
Old 05-24-2001, 08:29 PM
KDLMax

I would have gone with courtesy but they couldn't send me the spoiler until middle of next week. I can't drive the car looking like that.

Old 05-24-2001, 08:57 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

If you don't want to pay an arm and a leg, you'll just have to deal with the car looking like crap for a couple weeks. I would if I would be saving $200.