General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Blessings for Katrina

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:32 PM

Blessings for Katrina

im sure u all know of Hurricane Katrina and its expected landfall in Louisiana sometimes tomorrow i believe. they are probably already feeling gusts. i just wanna send out my prayers, i have already felt her wrath in south florida, but I would say we dodged the bullet. it did claim some lives, and a million people left without power, flooding, and the worst part is it was only a category 1. katrina let us off the hook in my opinion. since then it has grown to a 5, and u could only imagine wut it could do to a city that has never seen something like it make a direct hit. not to mention it is already below sea level. chances are not too many people out of new orleans and the surrounding areas can even read this b/c u have been faced with mandatory evacuation, or are stuck on I10 trying to get out. i hope u have sufficient time to reach a safe haven and can watch the hurricane rather than be a part of it. my heart goes out to u, ur families, which are the most important thing. im sure u will also be thinkin of ur precious properties and ur cars, but thats the last thing u need to think about, ur lives are far more important, the rest will take care of itself. i know i will be keeping my eye on the progression of the storm and how things are going, god bless u all.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

thanks a lot for that....it is going to be a long day tomorrow, and i'm sort of anxious/scared to see the outcome of it....i have a feeling that NO will be no more after this and will have to be completely re-built....i live north of NO right by the ponchartrain and it won't be pretty there either....i already evacuated, though and that is the most important thing...i am just praying for my mom, who is stuck at the hospital because she is a nurse...i'm just hoping for the best..
Old 08-28-2005, 06:42 PM

im staying hopeful, im not from there, i visited NO 3 months ago. staying hopeful is really hard to do wen i've heard so much about wut a storm like this will do.. "the big one" could end NO theoretically or so i've heard, good luck with everything, i'll pray for ur mom, and everyone else who has to stay. to all of the people who must stay in the superdome, hopefully nothing happens to that structure either.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This thing is gonna level New Orleans and a lot of the breadbasket states. Being from the Caribbean myself and going through 3 major hurricanes I can tell u there is no way to explain to anyone how furious these monsters can be. It might devastate as far as West Virginia and I hope no one tries to do foolhardy things like "ride it out in the trailer", etc. This thing will blow out windows and convert debris into missiles. I don't want to see the news tomorrow. To all the .org members out there: God be with you...
Old 08-28-2005, 11:06 PM

On behalf of other Louisiana max owners and myself, thanks for your prayers guys. I'm in Baton Rouge right now. I left with my family and took the max with me. My family lives in Metairie while I stay at the residence hall on LSUHSC's campus. I pray that Metairie will not be as affected. Heck, I pray that no one will really be that affected. It's going to be an interesting 24 hours.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:13 PM

I to wish yall the best of luck.. Ill keep yall in my prayers and hope that
yall stay safe..
Old 08-28-2005, 11:14 PM

I'm in baton rouge...and I can speak for all when I say...we all appreciate all the thoughts, prayers and support...athlon...I'm suppose to go visit my friend on campus tomorrow...maybe go pick her up...b/c this is her first hurricane...she is from up north..and like her 2nd year down here..give me a call...I'll pm you with the number...if you need anything...if I can help I will do my best. let me know
Old 08-29-2005, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by athlon omega
On behalf of other Louisiana max owners and myself, thanks for your prayers guys. I'm in Baton Rouge right now. I left with my family and took the max with me. My family lives in Metairie while I stay at the residence hall on LSUHSC's campus. I pray that Metairie will not be as affected. Heck, I pray that no one will really be that affected. It's going to be an interesting 24 hours.
you're probably going to be on the same boat i am, except worse....metairie is supposed to be skimmed by the northeastern part of the eye wall...covington and slidell are going to be hit pretty hard as well....how long did it take you to reach baton rouge, out of curiosity, and when did you leave? i left covington yesterday morning at ~8 and got here (monroe) a little before 1..there wasn't any traffic at all on I-55 up until the contra-flow joined into just one side....i heard I-12 and I-10 were packed going east and west out of NO...
Old 08-29-2005, 07:16 AM

I've also been praying for everybody's safety down there. I can't even begin to understand what something like that would be like. We've had CNN on for the past couple days keeping updated. Be careful!
Old 08-29-2005, 07:27 AM

good luck to all .orgers and thier families, well everybody down there, stay safe and head for the hills
Old 08-30-2005, 06:02 PM

My humble prayors to all who are affected by this terrible nature disaster, just watching CNN was kind of scarry. God bless you all.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I Broke OT

I have no idea of even imagining what it must be like having never experienced a hurricane, tornado, or any other horrible acts of God, but I hope everyone is able to recover quickly and rebuild. good luck to everyone with anything and everything!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:43 PM

Good luck and stay safe! I hope everything turns out ok for everyone down there.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:13 AM

Prayers to all of you out there. Have all your gear ready to go. Preparation is the key.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

I'll be leaving this weekend or early next wek for the area, I am a volunteer Disaster Services Team member with the American Red Cross, my firm was nice enough to allow me to leave for three weeks to help the devestated region. When I get back, I will post some pictures...
Old 08-31-2005, 06:45 PM

Hope you Gulf Coast folks are pullling through. Best wishes.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:26 PM

MAY GOD BLESS AND SECURE YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES DURING THIS TIME OF EMERGENCY. MAY GOD CHERICH AND SEE YOUR LOVED ONES TO SAFETY .

In the precious and Holy name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:32 PM

Keep your head up guys. I know the news is talking about thousands that have drowned in that mess down there.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:42 PM

God bless to all who have friend family in any area faced with danger. Clean up has just barely started. . .
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM

hey guys I know its been said before but God Bless and good luck.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:43 PM

man, i started this thread the nite b4 it happened i believe, i knew it would be bad, but i did not know it would be like this. just seeing the news is hard enough. it almost feels like watching a bad movie, a history movie about world war or something, the damage and all of the lives taken. and to think, the water still rising...very sad
Old 08-31-2005, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by maxilvr06
you're probably going to be on the same boat i am, except worse....metairie is supposed to be skimmed by the northeastern part of the eye wall...covington and slidell are going to be hit pretty hard as well....how long did it take you to reach baton rouge, out of curiosity, and when did you leave? i left covington yesterday morning at ~8 and got here (monroe) a little before 1..there wasn't any traffic at all on I-55 up until the contra-flow joined into just one side....i heard I-12 and I-10 were packed going east and west out of NO...
The power was out at the friend's house I was staying at and came on around 9:00 p.m. last night. My family and I left Metairie around 11:00 on Sunday morning and surprisingly arived at Baton Rouge around 3:00p.m. Onlu 4 hours using the contraflow after joining it from Veterans and Williams Blvd. The damage is massive. They relocated our classes for medical school from the LSU Helath Sciences Center in New Orleans to the LSU Undergrad campus in Baton Rouge. One first year medstudent from LSU who was helping out said that his area, Chateau Estates in Kenner, didn't flood. I pray for the same for many people including my family.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:53 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/hurricane_katrina

Its like War of the Worlds down there.....people gettin shot, drowning, dying....Ain't like a city gettin destroyed is bad enough, now the people are destorying themselves......

New Orleans=Domestic Tsunami
Old 09-01-2005, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
I have no idea of even imagining what it must be like having never experienced a hurricane, tornado, or any other horrible acts of God, but I hope everyone is able to recover quickly and rebuild. good luck to everyone with anything and everything!
This was NOT an act of God. I don't want to turn this into a religious debate but that's an ignorant statement. If you believe in God, you believe in Satan. Now who would be more prone to this type of disaster?...
Old 09-01-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by nismology
This was NOT an act of God. I don't want to turn this into a religious debate but that's an ignorant statement. If you believe in God, you believe in Satan. Now who would be more prone to this type of disaster?...
I second that statement.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:29 PM

Aren't we gettin a little of topic here? ......

We can bicker if we want to , but it ain't filling the levees, now, is it?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:42 PM

the govt. knew it was a level 5 hurricane, why didnt they evacuate from the beginning or have a plan, this is the US ppl shouldnt die from something we know thats going to happen, i feel for sorry for the poor ppl in Mississippi, because all the rich ppl were evacuated, but the poor still remain
Old 09-01-2005, 06:02 PM

I hope they rebuild. And there was a general evacuation in place before the hurricane hit or the place flooded. IN a perfect world, eveyone woulda left for the hurricane. Those who had or decided to ride it out got stuck with a lot of water, and an anarchy.

We can march 11,000 miles to destroy, and (attempt to ) rebuild someone else's country, but we can't seem to help our own people in a timely fashon. No leadership, a little help, but no support. Just National Guard troops, looters packing heat, and helicopters pluggin levees.

They are trying to help, I'm not saying the govenrment has done nothing to help, just sad that it takes 36 hours to get what shoulda been in place the night after the tragedy began.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:27 PM

man that sure does suck..my prayers are for everyone there
Old 09-01-2005, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ArcticW
I hope they rebuild. And there was a general evacuation in place before the hurricane hit or the place flooded. IN a perfect world, eveyone woulda left for the hurricane. Those who had or decided to ride it out got stuck with a lot of water, and an anarchy.

We can march 11,000 miles to destroy, and (attempt to ) rebuild someone else's country, but we can't seem to help our own people in a timely fashon. No leadership, a little help, but no support. Just National Guard troops, looters packing heat, and helicopters pluggin levees.

They are trying to help, I'm not saying the govenrment has done nothing to help, just sad that it takes 36 hours to get what shoulda been in place the night after the tragedy began.

your right, my prayers do go out to them, but i guess were to busy with our head up Iraqs **** that our country comes 2nd... dont mind me im just venting
Old 09-01-2005, 06:50 PM

I wonder how long it would had taken for the military to show up if this happened in Manhattan, or in the Hamptons...where all the rich white people live....
Old 09-01-2005, 07:28 PM

lol there here even before, remember what happened to england? about couple hours later, the city was filled with gi joes
Old 09-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Well, if the Trump Towers were in New Orleans , this wouldn't even be a disaster. That levee woulda been fixed by the morning after, and a "rapid response" force woulda been mobilized so get EVERYONE out of the city by drop. In two days flat the city woulda been a ghost town, but, since real people with real money live there........

Look at the bright side. The silver lining is this: Remember Chicago in 1888( i think)? The place was burnt to the ground . Totally. Now look at Chi-town. The metropolis of the midwest. And it was the disaster of the year, similar in nature to the Big Easy now. It took years to rebuild from that disaster. And again, now look at Chicago. The third largest city in the Nation.

It seems New Orleans will be quite a phoenix,eh?I'm looking forward to the Big Easy, version 2.0 .
Old 09-01-2005, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by ArcticW
Well, if the Trump Towers were in New Orleans , this wouldn't even be a disaster. That levee woulda been fixed by the morning after, and a "rapid response" force woulda been mobilized so get EVERYONE out of the city by drop. In two days flat the city woulda been a ghost town, but, since real people with real money live there........
You don't honestly believe that do you?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:18 PM

Dudes, unlike 911, a natural disaster is a totally different thing, ground zero had a radius of 30 square blocks (Max), this disaster covers 3 states and thousands of square miles, has nothing to do with white or black, has to do with magnitude... Dropping the WTC didn’t cut power to the city, contaminate the water, flood the city or flatten the whole area, it tragically killed a lot of people and as far as I’m concerned, body count is nothing American States should compete for. Also, I was born and raised on the Lower East Side of Manhattan and I’m Hispanic, last I checked, most of the white folks still live outside of the city.

Had the same conditions existed in NYC as the devastation in the South, trust me; the ugly looting, shootings, lawlessness, and chaos dragon’s head would have risen ($hit anyone old enough to remember the last major NYC Black Out (70's) can attest to that). I could go on and on, but instead of talking about it, I am flying out tomorrow with the American Red Cross because I am a Disaster Services Volunteer.

People think responding to a natural disaster is all about speed, if you move too fast without a plan, your rescue personnel than become victims and everyone looses. You question the local authorities; police, fire and rescue but forget to realize that during a natural disaster, they are equal victims…
Old 09-02-2005, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
I could go on and on, but instead of talking about it, I am flying out tomorrow with the American Red Cross because I am a Disaster Services Volunteer.
god bless you sir. i wish i could be apart of the relief efforts myself. u are a tru hero
Old 09-02-2005, 02:00 AM

People think responding to a natural disaster is all about speed, if you move too fast without a plan, your rescue personnel than become victims and everyone looses. You question the local authorities; police, fire and rescue but forget to realize that during a natural disaster, they are equal victims…[/QUOTE]

Best of luck Chris , say safe and good onya .. It is people like you who make a difference.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
god bless you sir. i wish i could be apart of the relief efforts myself. u are a tru hero
Thanks for your support, I will be back, heading to the airport in 2 hours, ROCK ON MAX.ORG
Old 09-02-2005, 05:49 AM

I would like to help by "taking out" the senseless looters and evil doers running amuck. Those people don't deserve help. I can understand people looting at grocery stores, but BEST BUY? How can someone steal a 32" TV with nowhere to plug it in? But I guess we live in irrational times and dealing with people who think irrationally.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by blackpaladin67
People think responding to a natural disaster is all about speed, if you move too fast without a plan, your rescue personnel than become victims and everyone looses. You question the local authorities; police, fire and rescue but forget to realize that during a natural disaster, they are equal victims…

Best of luck Chris , say safe and good onya .. It is people like you who make a difference. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Mate, Oh, I got the shirts last night, they are awesome, my wife already jacked (stole) one from me because she liked it so much. I also called Warren and told them they arrived, on my way to the Airport today, I will send him his, thanks again dude for all you do, you are also a kind, true friend, wish we lived closer, I would hang with you any day of the week...

Quick Reply: Blessings for Katrina