General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Blessings for Katrina

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 06:49 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by chernmax
Dudes, unlike 911, a natural disaster is a totally different thing, ground zero had a radius of 30 square blocks (Max), this disaster covers 3 states and thousands of square miles, has nothing to do with white or black, has to do with magnitude... Dropping the WTC didn’t cut power to the city, contaminate the water, flood the city or flatten the whole area, it tragically killed a lot of people and as far as I’m concerned, body count is nothing American States should compete for. Also, I was born and raised on the Lower East Side of Manhattan and I’m Hispanic, last I checked, most of the white folks still live outside of the city.

Had the same conditions existed in NYC as the devastation in the South, trust me; the ugly looting, shootings, lawlessness, and chaos dragon’s head would have risen ($hit anyone old enough to remember the last major NYC Black Out (70's) can attest to that). I could go on and on, but instead of talking about it, I am flying out tomorrow with the American Red Cross because I am a Disaster Services Volunteer.

People think responding to a natural disaster is all about speed, if you move too fast without a plan, your rescue personnel than become victims and everyone looses. You question the local authorities; police, fire and rescue but forget to realize that during a natural disaster, they are equal victims…
Chern, you nailed it, so glad you posted that...good luck to you man be safe!!