General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

WTF is wrong with people???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

WTF is wrong with people???

Yesterday on my way into work this old lady drving a huge Buick cut into my lane and swipped my front end.....

Not a big deal, thats what insurance is for.... so I called the police and had them come down. we gave our statements and I talked to the cop for a min, I asked him if this is pretty obvious that it is her fault for cutting into my lane... he said "yes, it is cut and dry, she merged into your lane and hit you." So I am happy because I tend to get screwed with crap like this.

Sooooo today I called her insurance to see if anything new had happened and they said that they took a statement from her and are waiting for the police report. Ok... so I asked "how does it look?", they had taken both statements so there must be a general idea of how this will go.

Now I find out that the old lady is saying that I HIT HER!!!! I am just wicked pissed that some one is willing to lie about something like this especially since there is a police report on the way that proves she is full of ****!!!.

I am also mad because I was really nice her, I offered her my cell phone to call anyone she had to, made sure she was ok.... I even told her to have a good weekend after she hit my baby! Then she turns around and lies, WTF!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey There Mr. Paperboy...

Man that's cold...did she seem nice to you right after it happened?
Old 09-02-2005, 10:38 AM
KH3 by popular demand

What does it matter? The report is the end all, as long as the cop faulted her, you are good. I wouldn't even give it the time of day. Get it fixed and get yo roll on!!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ionblu_max96blk
Man that's cold...did she seem nice to you right after it happened?

She really did not say much... but she was not a mean or anything.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
What does it matter? The report is the end all, as long as the cop faulted her, you are good. I wouldn't even give it the time of day. Get it fixed and get yo roll on!!

I know it will go in my favor, I am just pissed that she would lie knowing she already gave a statement to the police and try and pin it on me.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 AM

It probably sunk in after the fact that her insurance is gonna go up and she is trying to find a way to get out of it. You can't trust anybody, anytime, anywhere.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:10 PM
The Definitive AE Master

it could be that she went home and "other" ppl around her advised her on insurance going up, never admitting fault, etc etc.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Mass_Media™

That sucks..she will get owned by insurance after wards....got any pics?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
That sucks..she will get owned by insurance after wards....got any pics?

I do have some pics... I just dont have time now to post them, I am leaving for a friends lake house for the weekend soon.

It not much damage, the most she did was push in the drivers front fender. I had to pull some of it back out myself becuase it was rubbing when I hit a bigger bump.

The estimate I got was for almost $1,400 to fix it. I am having the fender replaced and the rest is just blending so it looks right.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Old Maxima Legend

i have always thought anyone who didnt drive a maxima was crazy ?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Larrio
it could be that she went home and "other" ppl around her advised her on insurance going up, never admitting fault, etc etc.
That's probably exactly what happened. After a while, she'll come to believe the lie herself and be pissed that you hit her. It's how false memories are created and why eye-witness testimonies in court are bunk. Besides, she didn't grow old by being nice to other people. Take yourself for example. Being nice to this old lady probably shaved a few years off your live. Statistically, mean people also survive heart attacks and stokes better than nice people. It's true.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:37 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

what a *****. As long as cop knows it was her fault everything should be ok
Old 09-02-2005, 01:40 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

You can actually countersue her for falsification of an insurance claim...*ching*!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:14 PM

i'll be sure to keep a look out for old women in Buicks, oh wait they're everywhere, there's no escape
Old 09-02-2005, 09:05 PM

I always hope that, I never have an accident (maxima wise +) with a woman!! (old or whatever)... it's really difficult winning against them
Old 09-02-2005, 09:29 PM

wait till u get the police report, get her addy n loot the place.... !!!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:54 PM

That really sucks...don't let it get to you too much...I'm sure the insurance company will be on your side anyway. People are just so selfish these days and they won't accept their faults or responsibilities. I'm the complete opposite of her...when I had my accident I could have gone after the guy who hit me to be partially at fault but I made myself feel so guilty I just took all the blame.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:08 PM

People older than 60 should be driving.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:53 PM

The same exact thing happen to me, with a similar incident. I really hate when people do that sh!+, it pisses me off.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:07 PM

There are several types of people to stay away from on the road. Here's my top 4:

4. They have a hat in the back window, esp. like a "U.S.S. Nimitz" - You know they are are WWII vet = old.

3. They wear a hat like a fedora or a 1910 style "driving cap"

2. They have a handicap tag hanging from the rearview mirror.

1. Buick drivers.

BTW - my dad is 3 out 4. Stay away from him!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by SEinNE
There are several types of people to stay away from on the road. Here's my top 4:

4. They have a hat in the back window, esp. like a "U.S.S. Nimitz" - You know they are are WWII vet = old.

3. They wear a hat like a fedora or a 1910 style "driving cap"

2. They have a handicap tag hanging from the rearview mirror.

1. Buick drivers.

BTW - my dad is 3 out 4. Stay away from him!
change buick...to buick roadmaster drivers. most buick drivers are ok.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

For all Americans preach about self-reliance and "the right thing to do", you'd think accountability and honor would be higher on peoples' lists....
Old 09-05-2005, 07:28 PM

man... I spent the weekend at my friends lake house and I forgot all about this ****, I spent my whole weekend drunk on a dock and in a boat surrounded by my best friends.... now its back to real life

I just got pissed all over again reading this thread....

Ohh well she will get hers, I talked to the police on friday and they said that the police report should be ready on tues for me to pick up so I can fax it to her insurance company.

I will try and post pics of what she did.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:06 PM

As I said the damage is not bad, very isolated. However, it does need a new fender because if you look at the door seam, it gets wider at the top because it is bowing in. She pushed the fender flare in quite a bit, it is hard to tell from the pic but if you look at the others and then at that one, it is bad. Not to mention that it was rubbing my tire on bigger bumps (till I pulled it out myself).
Old 09-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey There Mr. Paperboy...

not to get of the topic but, ur car from those pics look svery good, u have any zoomed out pictures???...lol( but the damage doesnt look that bad at all, not very much body work at all, half could prob just b buffed outrest prob just wet sand down and repainted..but wut do i know?)
Old 09-05-2005, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ionblu_max96blk
not to get of the topic but, ur car from those pics look svery good, u have any zoomed out pictures???...lol( but the damage doesnt look that bad at all, not very much body work at all, half could prob just b buffed outrest prob just wet sand down and repainted..but wut do i know?)

I was going to take new pics... but now I have to wait till I get her fixed... I guess it is better because most of my front end is getting re-painted.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:33 PM

that sucks, but atleast the police report will cover you for her lying. It looks like that car is gonna be a b*tch to paint with those flakes in it. They'll probably end up painting a good portion of your car to get it blended right
Old 09-06-2005, 02:59 AM

I wouldn't even trust my own family to drive next to me. I drove a couple of cars back after my cousin and he has a hard time staying in one lane. Also some people don't even look in their blind spots and just switch lanes. One fool changed lanes on me in the middle of an intersection, and my car was totalled. He didn't even bother to stop and just kept on going. If someone in the near future hits me I'll treat them like **** but I won't lie how the accident happened.

And keep your dogs on a freaking leash. Some dog was running on the freeway and did $500 worth of damage to my front end. No owner was in sight, I still have $200 worth of damage left.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:26 AM

Some people even go as far as initiating frivolous lawsuits when they were the aggressors, believe it or not.

Always remember, YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE. They are looking to minimize any payouts. Even when dealing with your own company, only state the facts. Do not discuss fault, etc. People must especially remember that when dealing with insurance carriers' attys. through the employer. They are always looking to decrease exposure/liability, and one of the easiest way to do so is to document that a person acted willfully (not negligently), that is to willfully act against co. guidelines. Once they do so, the employee is thrown to the wolves to fend for themselves. Just play it smart. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 AM
SuPeRmOd

she prob. honestly thinks she did nothing wrong. why? she's a SHE.

anyway, a little fender bender I was in years back was deemed by police as no one at fault (responsible party fled). well.... all blame tried to get thrown on me, even by my family's insurance on the car I was in. Told them all to go to hell and read the police report.

I was exonerated.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by MaximaPolak
People older than 60 should be driving.
many people older than 60 are driving. what's your point?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 AM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000

That doesn't matter at all. It is only the officers job to write the report, not determine fault.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:44 AM

Some people are cowards, but for some grandma to do something like that is just even worse.
Well tell us how it would go.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by motocross416
that sucks, but atleast the police report will cover you for her lying. It looks like that car is gonna be a b*tch to paint with those flakes in it. They'll probably end up painting a good portion of your car to get it blended right

The shop I am having it fixed at already told me what they had to do; replace fender and paint, take off front bumper to overhaul and repaint, blend into hood and drivers door. Most likely my whole hood will be repainted and then blended down into my passengers fender because of rock chips.

I did have to go to one of the "drive throughs" for Liberty Mutual so they could see the damage.... however, I know the guy who owns the dealership

I told him I dont want to turn a profit, I just want to get this fixed right. So they made sure that their estimate was as close to the other shops as possible.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM

Well I just got off the phone with her Ins. company after sending them the police report and they are taking 100% of the blame.

So now I just have to schedule to get my car into the shop! I am so happy this is done already.

Here is the police report. I blacked out most of her info, I dont want peoples info getting out there. see, I am still a nice guy
Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 AM

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by Lytheum
change buick...to buick roadmaster drivers. most buick drivers are ok.
Umm... No. Add Caddillac drivers to the list too, especially DeVilles and El Doradoes.

Upstate, glad about the report.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:58 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
That doesn't matter at all. It is only the officers job to write the report, not determine fault.
of course it's the officers' duty to determine fault. they investigate the seen and testimonies to record everything and are the only unbias witness. During my incident, they inspected everyone's cars and looked for skid marks to verify what I said. And they concluded/reported that each party agreed a green mini-van was invovled in the rear and fled the seen. No one was at fault.

If not for that, I would have been PWN3D.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

GUY THIS IS NY...... aint nuttin new to me
Old 09-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Maxima lover

Dude after she pulled that BS, I would have been like my neck, my back, there fuked up. Give me some more money.

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong with people???