General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Pancake Breakfast for Wife

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:28 PM

Pancake Breakfast for Wife

I wanted to write a thread on this before but thought it wouldn't be right to do. My wife Traci has been diagosed with a disease called Myasthenia Gravis. She's only 34 yrs old and has her whole life ahead of her. Well she did till she was diagosed a little over 2 yeaars ago. She has been admitted to Johns Hopkins twice in those two years getting ChemoTherapy treatments. Both Chemo treatments did not work. Right now she is on her third time of Chemo but is now doing it locally here in New Jersey. I met her just about 3 yrs ago, a Nurse who loved to ride her Harley Davidson, She loved to work out, Ski, Rollerblade and anything else to get her outdoors. now she is very limited in what she does. I am a Police Officer and belong to the Fraternal Order of Police, Middletown NJ. The Union has planned a Pancake Breakfast in order to help the both of us with Major Bills and other things like a Working Dog to help her get through the days and nights when she is weak.

A little information on this disease.
Myasthenia gravis: Most often, an acquired disorder that results in fatiguable muscle weakness, made worse by activity and improved with rest. It results from an autoimmune attack against the nerve-muscle junction. Other forms of the illness are caused by architectural changes of the nerve-muscle junction.

Basically its a disease thats very severe to the muscles in your body. The become very very weak, causing most organs to slow down. Your Heart is a Muscle. She has had this disease for over two years now and has been in the hospital more then home. She does not work anymore and is on full diability. So if anyone knows what full disability means, basically about $13,000 a year. Traci was a Critical Care Nurse when she was stricken with this disease.

I will post a Date and Time when the Pancake Breakfast Fund Raiser will take place, It will be sometime in early October and well would appreciate anyone that could stop by and eat some pancakes. Traci will be there because she wants to make some of the pancakes. I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone on the Org, I have had many a questions and well everyone here has helped me with my Maxima in many ways. Also, I am not sure how I would go about setting up a donation on here. I was thinking of setting up a website for her so everyone could read a little about her and possibly donate to help her. For now I can post my paypal if anyone is willing to donate.
PayPal address is hct67@msn.com
I thought maybe I would also post a picture of my wife when we met and now Once Again, Thank You Everyone Here on the ORG.

Harvey
Old 09-03-2005, 11:44 PM

i can't believe no one on here has replied yet. that's awful what has happened to her. it sounds like you and her are being as strong as possible, but there is a limit to how far that strength can go. if i was closer to NJ, i would def go to the pancake breakfast. since i'm not, all i can do is wish you two the best of luck!!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:48 PM

Just wanted to say Thank You, Just the thought of reading a reply and the best wishes makes her feel alot better. I guess when it comes to how someone feels, the simple things make life special. Once again, Thank You for your Kind Words.

Harvey and Traci
Old 09-04-2005, 12:00 AM

Very sorry to hear the misfortune of your wife...stay tough because you will never know what could happen in life and I too wish you two the best of luck!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

You and your wife will be in my thoughts, Harvey. I'm sure it's been a tough time for both of you. Have you PM'd any mods about getting a sticky for the fundraiser? I'm sure that many org members would be willing to attend or donate.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:44 AM

sorry to hear such a thing happen in your lives. if i were local i would definately go, unfortunately i'm in california. stay positive, laughter and love is the number healer of all =D..
Old 09-04-2005, 05:02 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Be positive, she will be fine.... Keep God and faith strong. God will protect her and save her from her condition. I wish you both the best and will keep you both in my prayers.
I'm in Orlando but if you have a bank acct that we can donate for her treatment ...post it and everybody that cannot attend will help out.

Luis Cruz and family
Old 09-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Harvey,

It's funny how you always see an members name and read their posts but know so little about them personally. I live in Middletown, NJ and I'm also in law enforcement. Barring any sudden emergencies I'll be at that pancake breakfast. I'll see if I can get a couple of my colleagues who live locally to come also. They're shipping me off to New Orleans in a couple of days but I should be back by then. Looking forward to meeting you. Untili then, best wishes to you an your wife.

Joe
Old 09-04-2005, 09:28 AM

Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone on the ORG for their Best Wishes
Old 09-04-2005, 10:17 AM

I wish her and you the best. I will see just how far middletown is from Rochester. I think it is pretty far, but I will see what I can do.

Take Care,

Mark
Old 09-04-2005, 10:24 AM

Well, I just post this into NYCMAXIMA to see if we can go all together....

Man, be strong God will never ever leave you alone....

Best regards, for you and your wife

Allen
Old 09-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Wat

This would be best posted in the local (northeast) forum. Give me the word and I will move it
Old 09-04-2005, 10:46 AM

Can we have it in both. For best exposure.

Def sorry to hear about this experience. My thoughts and prayers to you both during this trial.

Chris LaSalle
Old 09-04-2005, 10:55 AM

your situation has a special place in my heart, Harvey. my own beautiful young fiance is in the same situation, so both will be in my prayers tonight and every night now. i will gladly donate to your paypal account to do anything I can to help your wife. I know how you feel and the thought process, wishing and praying and hoping that you can do something, anything, to fix the situation.

stay strong man, and be there for her, dont give up cuz she needs you as much as you need her. good luck and God bless you for sticking with her and helping her like you are.

EDIT: its not much, but I hope it can at least put a dent in finding a cure for these things. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:43 PM

Thank You so very much for your donation, it is so appreciated. I forgo to mention what the donations will help with. not only medical bills but also for her to get a working dog, one that will be trained specifically for her neds in everyday life. It will be able to help her walk, stand up rom a chair and also know when she is is trouble and be able to get emergency services to her. She will be going to PA in the near future for the interview and then after that she will have to spend a few weeks at a class with the dog to be trained also. That will cost ove $2500. Once again, Thank You Everyone for your help. especially KCMC582 for your generous dontation.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:54 PM

i wish i could do more man...really, cuz this hits so close to home and in my heart.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:09 AM

I feel terrible about your wife, I saw your picture and she is bueatiful. I am in NJ and if you would, tell me when the breakfast is, I will come and I will also bring others with me. I can't imagine how it must be to have your wife in the hospital more than home and have to see her ill. Of course, I am only 17 so I could relate to my Mother in that situation. But yes, I will definitly be there even if I have to take off of work. I wish the best for your wife, and you, and will be praying for her.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:05 AM

I live no near by, but you have all my sympathy. Seing the love one suffering is really hard and make you suffer too, so I have a lot of compassion for your wife and yourself, I which I'd be living close so I could help and not to say my kid love pancake, anyhow good luck and hang on in there. A big hug from me and my family.

Cheers from canada
Old 09-05-2005, 09:49 AM

A picture of her and I recently

Heres a picture of the two of us recently.

Old 09-05-2005, 10:01 AM

stay strong harv

i've always loved your ride too, i think it's even cooler that you're a cop haha.

best of luck from thaORG
Old 09-05-2005, 11:41 AM
GrandPa

I am very sorry to hear about your wife. Let me know when and where the breakfast will be. I will be there. God Bless.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:04 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate

Sorry to read this. God Bless. Cars are not as important as those that you love.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:15 PM

Harvey- I'm sorry to hear about your wife's condition. Please let me know when the breakfast is. I will make every effort to be there along with however many friends that can come. The thoughts and prayers of me and my family are with you.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:12 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

ShysMax
Old 09-05-2005, 06:54 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Harvey. Good luck through everything and keep us here on the .org informed on your wifes conditions and what not. we all care about our fellow .org members.

sincerely Marshall.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:01 PM

Representation from NYCMaximas

Harv, sorry to hear of your wife's condition. I wish only the best for you two.

I'll look out for the date and time of the pancake breakfast and will attempt to assemble a good showing from NYCMaximas.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:43 PM

Thanks to everyone, I look forward to seeing everyone just wish it was under different circumstances. I spoke to my partner in the Union tonight and he advised me that he will bring it up to the Union President to see if we can make it a whole day thing since it will be held at a VFW. The reason being is that there would be beer and other drinks available to everyone but that won't be on the house thats for sure. I just wanted to say though, Thanks to everyone, its incredible!!! I showed her what I wrote on her and see read all the responses, she was in tears. She couldn't believe how everyone cares. She always complained about me being on Maxima.Org Now she knows why, I told her everyone on her is like a friend whether I meet them or not, Its something special.

Harvey
Old 09-06-2005, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by packetattack
Harv, sorry to hear of your wife's condition. I wish only the best for you two.

I'll look out for the date and time of the pancake breakfast and will attempt to assemble a good showing from NYCMaximas.
Agreed. Definitely want to offer my full support and well wishes to her successful recovery. You and her will be in my prayers and I look forward to supporting in any way possible, as well as NYCMaximas.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:03 AM

Thanks

I just wanted to say Thank You for the people that have already dontated monetary funds to the PayPal address hct67@msn.com
Its been recieved and welcomed and to her surprise very happy. She can't wait for the pancake breakfast so she can meet everyone.

Harvey
Old 09-06-2005, 11:42 AM

I wish i could go, but with the increase of gas prices these days, It is really starting to take a toll on my wallet. take care guys, everything will work out!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:38 PM

Thanks

I would just like to say Thanks to Everyone on the org, My wife has been so incredibly touched by everyone's support here. She is also looking forward to meeting everyone at the pancake breakfast that can make it. Once again, Thank You to Every Org Member.
PayPal Address hct67@msn.com
Old 09-21-2005, 02:45 PM

Update For Pancake Breakfast For Wife

Sorry everyone for taking so long with getting information on this event. A counsel was formed to prepare for the breakfast and they just got the dates from the VFW that were free. So the Port Authority Police is making the Flyers that will be sent out for the event. The Date is set for November 5, 2005 which is a Saturday. It will be from 10am till whenever. There also will be a BBQ along with some Alcohol and possibly a DJ playing music.The event will be held at the Middletown VFW. I will get directions for everyone who wants to come and make a donation and also have a great time with food and drinks. Once again, I appreciate everyones help with this and appreciate each and everyone that does show up.

Harvey
Old 09-21-2005, 04:20 PM

Sounds good Harvey. I will start putting something together with my crew.

Btw, do you have parking at the VFW for the cars coming? I'm sure with all the police presence though, we wouldn't have to worry about parking on the street . Just wanted to check.

Originally Posted by hct67
Sorry everyone for taking so long with getting information on this event. A counsel was formed to prepare for the breakfast and they just got the dates from the VFW that were free. So the Port Authority Police is making the Flyers that will be sent out for the event. The Date is set for November 5, 2005 which is a Saturday. It will be from 10am till whenever. There also will be a BBQ along with some Alcohol and possibly a DJ playing music.The event will be held at the Middletown VFW. I will get directions for everyone who wants to come and make a donation and also have a great time with food and drinks. Once again, I appreciate everyones help with this and appreciate each and everyone that does show up.

Harvey
Old 09-21-2005, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by hct67

Harvey
Thank you for the update Harvey, I'm looking forward to this. I'm sure NY .orgers and NYCMaximas will respond strongly to this event. Wishing you great luck with everything.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:14 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=packetattack]Sounds good Harvey. I will start putting something together with my crew.

Count me in.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:16 PM

Harvey,

I have a good idea of what u are going through from my own personal experience. I wish u nothing but the best.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:48 PM

Well, have some updated news on the Pancake Breakfast. Its going to be January 22, 2006 which is a Sunday. It's going to be held at the Middletown VFW from 10am to 10pm. The tickets / donations will be $10 and just to let everyone know inside the VFW there are numerous TV's which will have the footballs games on and also the Bar will be serving drinks but you will have to pay for them at a very reasonable price.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:54 AM
GrandPa

Sounds good.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:10 PM

Heres the updated info on the PanCake breakfast. Also here is the flyer that is being used for the brekfast.

The date for this event will be January 22 at 9am till whenever at the Middletown NJ VFW. Traci will be there because she wants to make some of the pancakes. I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone

PAYPAL Donations can be sent to PinkyBingRN@aol.com
:snowcool:
Old 01-11-2006, 01:52 PM

Pancake Breakfast

Just a reminder, this event is Sunday January 22 at the Middletown VFW, 50/50 raffles, Chinese Auction and many more things going on.

Quick Reply: Pancake Breakfast for Wife