General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Never Forget 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ArcticW
Where were you on 9/11? For me, it was my freshman year Spanish class when it happened.
I was a sophomore in Spanish 2 in high school.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Redlinemax Owner

I will never forget, I am a New Yorker. Also one of my family members died in the wTC, and at that time, I was at work which at the time was less than 5 minutes away from the Pentagon.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:50 PM

I'm from NYC also and I'll say the same for those who lost their lives, RIP.

Nickstam was in one of the Trade Center building (not the towers) and ran for his life that day. He also saw a lot of bad things as he was running for his life.
Medicsonic aka Sonic buried some of his friend shortly after 9/11. He's an EMS worker in the area.

God Bless you guys!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:56 PM

I remember I was in my Grade 11 Travel and Tourism class when this happened. The principle came on the intercom and announced what had happened, then at lunch break they had a classroom set up with a TV so students could watch the news coverage. My teacher drew out what happened to the buildings on the blackboard. I remember thinking to myself right then that I would remember that moment forever. I was talking to one of my friends on the school bus after and she figured the date was significant because it was 9/11...then I started hearing the media using those numbers too.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by dmontzsta
Definately will not forget, but lets also not forget the people who did this.
dont wanna turn this into a political debate, but when u say "people" who do u mean? in my opinion theres only one person. it made me sick in high school wen kids walked up to a person from the middle east in the lunch room that day and spit in their face saying "look wut u did!" the only person u need not forget is the one who made the order, and maybe the pilots
Old 09-13-2005, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
dont wanna turn this into a political debate, but when u say "people" who do u mean? in my opinion theres only one person. it made me sick in high school wen kids walked up to a person from the middle east in the lunch room that day and spit in their face saying "look wut u did!" the only person u need not forget is the one who made the order, and maybe the pilots
Wow, that's horrible...I remember worrying to myself that middle eastern people in the US/Canada would be discriminated against due to the nationality of the terrorists. If anything, people should have learned through this event the importance of accepting people as equal no matter what their background is. Terrorists are unable to understand this which is why they commit such awful acts.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:39 PM
aaron lavigne FTG

I was a freshmen in my new school. I went to a tech schoool so it was like 13 towns all threw together.. We were all huddled up in the library. I remember some kids cheering because we were being sent home at 10. And the next day the looks on there faces of pure shock. I give everyone who was involved in the rescuing of people that day. and the 343 firefighters who lost thier life that day
Old 09-14-2005, 11:47 PM

It was my senior year in high school...school didn't start until 10 am that day (pacific standard time) and my mom woke me up and said that the WTC got bombed again(referring back to 1992)...I went in the living room just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the south tower...it was an image I will never forget, and I will never forget how I felt that day.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:29 AM

i remember sitting in front of my tv eating breakfast when i was watching it all happen, i swear i was just having a bad dream, then i walked to class and i asked if anyone knew what happened and nobody did. i said forget this class we all need to see this.

its sooo true we cant forget who did it, because they still havent all been caught.
ill never forget, thats for sure.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:29 PM

I was a 1st year med student at the time. I remember the helicopters bringing injured victims up to Albany because all the New York/New Jersey hospitals were full. They were recruiting all the medstudents to help triage and take care of patients. There were patients in all the main hallways of the hospitals. Packed. I was only in school for a month at that point. What an initiation.

Then I found out my friend who worked in the towers died. And got a pic from another friend with of himself COVERED in ash cowering under an archway midtown as plumes of ash and dust rushed by him.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:48 PM

2nd period physics... I was a junior in high school. I was half asleep on my desk when my teacher quietly told the class what happened just before the bell rang to leave that class. I remember asking friends around school in all of my next classes if they had heard what happened, and I'd say 5 out of 10 people had no idea until the afternoon.

The principal of school didn't make an announcement until 2:45pm, but I remember looking out the only 3rd floor window in the building that faced west towards manhattan at around noon or so, and seeing two huge plumes of black smoke on the horizon... keep in mind that lower manhattan is about 25 miles from my school.

I'll never forget seeing one of my good friends break down into tears and run out of school because she got word that her father was trapped in one of the towers when it went down.

I remember being glued to the TV from the minute I got home, until I couldn't take anymore news coverage. I took a walk outside and there were dozens of people all over town walking around the streets with candles that night. Lots of people were gathered in front of their houses talking with their neighbors, with candles lit on their porches. The whole day just felt surreal.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 PM

I was in 10th grade Spanish, when our principal called an assembly in the auditorium. I had no idea how serious it was. They didn't let us watch it on TV, but they had the radio playing over the intercom. I remember all of the confusion and the reports of car bombs around Washington etc. Then when I went to my math class, I felt a huge rumble and it was fighter jets going to the city over our school. My friends Dad was a fire fighter in the city that died and another friend’s dad is a firefighter and he was late to work because my friend (his daughter) held him up on the way out. And enough with all of these conspiracy theories, the US didn't bomb the WTC and have a controlled demolition. How is the rebuilding going on at the WTC, I haven’t heard much, I wish they would rebuild the towers exactly how they were. I drove by it during the summer, but it was at night and I couldn’t look because they was too much traffic. Have they started to build anything there yet?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:16 AM

i think they should leave it as a memorial personally...it would be hard for anyone to walk into a building in the same exact spot as that building where so many people were lost. i know i would feel weird and saddened everytime, atleast if u keep it a memorial u know wut to expect
Old 09-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Pointy Elbows

I was just getting ready to go to class that morning and I watched it on CNN. I ended up driving down to campus to find out that all classes were cancelled and everyone was leaving to go home.
To this day, I still get goose bumps and teary-eyed when I hear anything about 9/11.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:40 AM

never, ever forget..my prayers to the fallen heroes and their families
Old 09-18-2005, 08:43 AM

they build a metro center..the Path leads into it..the train goes right thru ground zero..very surreal...when u walk up to the street level..u can see the pit from the concourse..they havent built anything else yet due to the design process and politics