General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

2 new NOS users in one day! =)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2001, 10:48 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Well, not much to elaborate on from Synki's post. You beat me to it! I sprayed for the first time tonight too. I was expecting it to kick, but it did not. All of a sudden, the speedo just started rising faster and faster. I am running a 50 shot right now. I have a Y-pipe and CAI, so I was worried about running lean. It was real hard to watch the A/F ratio, fuel pressure, speedo, and the road at the same time!!! I was a little scared at first, I'll admit it, so I waited till 4k in 2nd before I tried it the first time. I wasn't sure it was even working till I looked at the speedo and saw it rapidly shooting toward 100! I tried it from a stop at the top of first once, and felt quite a nice pull through second. Then I realized I was rapidly running out of road. It's late, so I haven't checked my plugs yet, but I will in the morning before I start my car for work. I still need my window switch and NOS pressure gauge. The local performance shop that had them before just sold out when I went to get them today!!! Were ya at Sprintmax? Just playin man.
Old 05-30-2001, 01:40 AM

Whats plugs are you going to run?
Old 05-30-2001, 05:41 AM
Administrator

god damnit i am coming .. I am coming
Old 05-30-2001, 07:16 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Thanks to->

Mardigrasmax, Synki and Sprintmax for the info and help.
TexMaximum, I am running one step colder Champion plugs right now. I will see how they do and change them if required.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:39 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

get stage 6 NGK plat cold plugs. aka 3Z NA plugs from nissan.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:45 AM
Administrator

NOS + Platinum Plugs =
Originally posted by Chebosto
get stage 6 NGK plat cold plugs. aka 3Z NA plugs from nissan.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SprintMax
NOS + Platinum Plugs =
I run the Plats w/no problems, I think Don does also. I have heard several opinions on this. NOS tech. says no, NGK tech. says yes.
Old 05-30-2001, 12:36 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Umm, works fine and plugs look good so far with 6 short runs. I will try some longer runs later. If I have any probs with the plugs fouling, I will change them. I'm planning on going to NGK's anyway, they were just too much at the time, $17.99 + special order. I have found them much cheaper and will get them soon. Thanks for the concern.
Old 05-30-2001, 03:20 PM

mtrai-i know exactly what you are saying. You dont fell it but watch the gauge and it flys. For a sec i wasnt sure if it was working or not. It flys.

Sprnt-are you making any more progress?

I have been told to not use plat. I have no idea where that is going. I took my stock plugs out and stuck in Champion Copper Plugs. They costed me 1.09 each. hehe.

As for the NGK PFR6B-11 They are Plat as well. I thought they were normal plugs. hehe. I can get them for $9-10 each (my cost). We have 12 of them in stock right now. I didnt even know my shop carried them. Stupid me. I think i will just buy those and use them. Fresh plugs and still Plat for good performance.
Old 05-30-2001, 03:52 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Synki

I have heard that plat plugs will foul quicker when running NOS, and have been told this by a few people. However, I have also been told they will be fine, including by Mardigrasmax (thanks) so I will go from experience and stick with my champions for now. I will just continue to check them, which I don't think is a bad idea anyway, a little bit of a pain, but ya gotta pay to play sometimes. Good job on yours. Sooooo fast!

Originally posted by Synki
mtrai-i know exactly what you are saying. You dont fell it but watch the gauge and it flys. For a sec i wasnt sure if it was working or not. It flys.

Sprnt-are you making any more progress?

I have been told to not use plat. I have no idea where that is going. I took my stock plugs out and stuck in Champion Copper Plugs. They costed me 1.09 each. hehe.

As for the NGK PFR6B-11 They are Plat as well. I thought they were normal plugs. hehe. I can get them for $9-10 each (my cost). We have 12 of them in stock right now. I didnt even know my shop carried them. Stupid me. I think i will just buy those and use them. Fresh plugs and still Plat for good performance.