General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

To all Forum members

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 05:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As most of you know we recently did a group buy for this Forum. Of the 19 orders placed 3 "thus" far were placed by Forum members fraudulently.

Credit Card Fraud is punishable under Federal Law. We are working in conjunction with local authorities, NY, NJ, PA State Police and the FBI for the past few days now. This activity is serious. I have been assured that all activity electronic or otherwise is and will be investigated to the fullest extent of the law.

If you have information about this, you are strongly advised to contact us immediately so we can put you in touch with the detectives and agents on this.

This is no way shape or form hurts our business, if that was the intent. We will conduct business as usual. Some orders may be delayed for a few days as every detail is being looked into.

For those of you not involved we apologize for the few who work outside of the law as this hurts everyone. We will continue to sponsor this forum and suppor tthe maxima community.

Regards
Old 05-30-2001, 05:13 PM

1.)This should have been posted in either For Sale or Group Deals and labeled appropiately.
2.)You should have contacted the people involved directly. I don't need to read this.
Old 05-30-2001, 05:17 PM
Administrator

I second that... i really don't care about you and your CC problems.. please take this to another forum
Old 05-30-2001, 05:21 PM

Not against you or anything. Avalon racing is a great company! But I think that people might have "accidently" ordered some stuff....
Old 05-30-2001, 05:30 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

And I care because...Oh wait, I don't. Bye
Old 05-30-2001, 05:35 PM

hey these guys are doing us a favor -

and this is the first time I have ever seen a post by them that wasn't directly on topic.... but so what? They are great to this forum, I can stand the occasional post about the hell they have to go through when idiots try and buy stuff wrongly -

I thought maybe having a maxima instead of some ricer honda I wouldn't have these little kid issues to deal with - yeah I'm only 17, but uh I am not even dumb enough to do that crap...

Avalon your the greatest! keep on!

ok, now flame me
Old 05-30-2001, 05:35 PM

can u feel the LOVE in here!!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 05:36 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

hey hey

Dont' get mad at them, they weren't the ones that broke the law. It was other members of the forum. if you don't care, don't read it.
Old 05-30-2001, 05:39 PM

Actually not

Although we can not go into details, this involves stolen identities, stolen credit cards and so on. Wrong orders is one thing - this is a much more serious issue.

Regards

Originally posted by LoveSick
Not against you or anything. Avalon racing is a great company! But I think that people might have "accidently" ordered some stuff....
Old 05-30-2001, 05:40 PM

They labeled the thread TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS, not to people that joined their group buy.
Old 05-30-2001, 05:47 PM

This is ofr all forum members

A or some Forum members placed orders under the conditions noted. There are people in the group buy who ordered the parts legally. Then there are those who had malicious intent and illegial activity.

Regards

Originally posted by medicsonic
They labeled the thread TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS, not to people that joined their group buy.
Old 05-30-2001, 05:51 PM

come no

Just let them try to do what they have to do medic, they are just doing what is right and ethical, maybe someone that wasn't involved has information that could be helpful. If it was you you would want the people caught.
Old 05-30-2001, 05:57 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Re: Actually not

Great Customer Service!
Fix it after it happens! woo hoo!

shoulda 1) gotten the 4 digit code on the back of the card 2) taken this up with the people that shafted you. 3) thanks for letting us all know. but as all business men/women know. there are bad people that do this all the time.

sorry to hear about you and your losses. but really. move this to the GP or for sale section..

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Although we can not go into details, this involves stolen identities, stolen credit cards and so on. Wrong orders is one thing - this is a much more serious issue.

Regards

Old 05-30-2001, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Like i said before... i was not in the group buy, it was not my credit card... and I don't care...
Old 05-30-2001, 06:02 PM

Re: Re: Actually not

With stolen identities all numbers match. Someone or some people have gotten other peoples data and had cards approved. All data was verified. Thus the need for the FBI to be involved. I can not go into more details, but there was no way to catch this upfront. Everything matched including the authorizations. We have not lost anything. But innocent people out there are.

Regards

Originally posted by Chebosto
Great Customer Service!
Fix it after it happens! woo hoo!

shoulda 1) gotten the 4 digit code on the back of the card 2) taken this up with the people that shafted you. 3) thanks for letting us all know. but as all business men/women know. there are bad people that do this all the time.

sorry to hear about you and your losses. but really. move this to the GP or for sale section..

Old 05-30-2001, 06:07 PM

you are forgetting one part here

This could have been a new card in your name placed by someone who stole the data. You would not know for 1 to 2 billing cycles.

Everyone could have been affected. That is why the general post.

Regards

Originally posted by SprintMax
Like i said before... i was not in the group buy, it was not my credit card... and I don't care...
Old 05-30-2001, 06:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's to Bad.....

Avalon Racing,

Don't let this act prevent you guys from offering us great deals on parts. Somebody is always trying to get over so keep those few separated from Maxima.org's honest members.

Thank you.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Re: you are forgetting one part here

If that was the case.. i would deal with it accordingly .. not spam the forum with it.. if you wanted to post this.. put it in the Dealership and Shop Experience forum.. thats what it is for
This could have been a new card in your name placed by someone who stole the data. You would not know for 1 to 2 billing cycles.

Everyone could have been affected. That is why the general post.

Regards

Old 05-30-2001, 06:12 PM

So, ya gonna offer a group deal on a Stilen body kit?
Old 05-30-2001, 06:14 PM
Administrator

don't add fuel to the fire.. you might start a flame war
So, ya gonna offer a group deal on a Stilen body kit?
Old 05-30-2001, 06:17 PM

don't add fuel to the fire.. you might start a flame war

as we can see from your postings.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:19 PM
Administrator

whatever dood.. i wasn't even in on that deal.. go read the GD forum.. i have had my body kit for over 7 months now

Originally posted by gtr_rider

as we can see from your postings.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:20 PM

Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

There is no intention here to "spam" the Forum in your words. There are a few bad apples that have caused this. We are looking for data as well as the authorities who are now involved.

As a company it is our obligation to protect people from credit card and identity fraud. We are doing what any comany would. This is not a reflection on the forum or honest members. If you had to take the call from the very elderly woman who had her data and money robbed from her, you would be in the same position as us.

Regards

If that was the case.. i would deal with it accordingly .. not spam the forum with it.. if you wanted to post this.. put it in the Dealership and Shop Experience forum.. thats what it is for
Old 05-30-2001, 06:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

There is no intention here to "spam" the Forum in your words. There are a few bad apples that have caused this. We are looking for data as well as the authorities who are now involved.

As a company it is our obligation to protect people from credit card and identity fraud. We are doing what any comany would. This is not a reflection on the forum or honest members. If you had to take the call from the very elderly woman who had her data and money robbed from her, you would be in the same position as us.

Regards

Who ever is behind the Avalon Racing name is calm as Sh*t. I wish I could be calm like that.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:23 PM

Who said I wasn't serious? Some of us were waiting for one, it came, then someone else peed in our sandbox. Time for a new sandbox. (How's that for a metaphor?)
Old 05-30-2001, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

I understand that.. just that it is in the wrong forum.. it needs to go in the Dealership and Shop Experiences Forum..

if i want to read about bad service or bad experiences i will go to the forum and read it.. not in my general forum

understand where I am coming from?

Regards

Old 05-30-2001, 06:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

Originally posted by deezo

Who ever is behind the Avalon Racing name is calm as Sh*t. I wish I could be calm like that.
ya it's tough, but when you own a business and have a reputation you have to. I would know i'm a bank teller, try telling people there is a reason they can't have their money for 2 more days, they get ****ed and you have to stay cool.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:26 PM

And Deezo, they are a company looking for business in this forum. Do you think they would have the ***** to flame someone and have to suffer the financial consequences?
Old 05-30-2001, 06:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

I understand that.. just that it is in the wrong forum.. it needs to go in the Dealership and Shop Experiences Forum..

if i want to read about bad service or bad experiences i will go to the forum and read it.. not in my general forum

understand where I am coming from?

Not downplaying what you are saying to Avalon but I think it should go in both the Group Deal Forum because that is where the fraud started.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:30 PM

And Deezo, they are a company looking for business in this forum. Do you think they would have the ***** to flame someone and have to suffer the financial consequences?
Probably not.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

ya it's tough, but when you own a business and have a reputation you have to. I would know i'm a bank teller, try telling people there is a reason they can't have their money for 2 more days, they get ****ed and you have to stay cool.
I am trying anger management techniques to keep myself calm. Oh well, I'll survive.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:32 PM

Look at the second post in the thread, that's what I statede before, but they keep coming back that this is a Maxima.org community wide issue. Aero kit.....My car..... Not to be.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

if that was the case .. then my post about Custom max saying he makes red/clear lights for the 95/96 Maxima and he actually making pink/clear lights should have been in both too right deezo? OBVIOUSLY it wasn't thought that way..

deezo.. let me ask you a question.. because i sense share irony here.. what brand products do you order from Avalon? not stillen parts right
Originally posted by deezo

Not downplaying what you are saying to Avalon but I think it should go in both the Group Deal Forum because that is where the fraud started.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:35 PM

Look at the second post in the thread, that's what I statede before, but they keep coming back that this is a Maxima.org community wide issue. Aero kit.....My car..... Not to be.
It probably should go in Off Topic too because it not related to car questions.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:38 PM

It falls closest to group deals becuase that is where ALL GD are supposed to be posted. It could be a dealer issue too, but posts shouldn't be in more than 1 forum at a time.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: you are forgetting one part here

if that was the case .. then my post about Custom max saying he makes red/clear lights for the 95/96 Maxima and he actually making pink/clear lights should have been in both too right deezo? OBVIOUSLY it wasn't thought that way..

deezo.. let me ask you a question.. because i sense share irony here.. what brand products do you order from Avalon? not stillen parts right
I always buy Stillen.

Avalon Racing
Old 05-30-2001, 06:45 PM

It falls closest to group deals becuase that is where ALL GD are supposed to be posted. It could be a dealer issue too, but posts shouldn't be in more than 1 forum at a time.
I feel you, I don't feel like checking but is this post on more that one forum? If so, dude want to make sure the criminals see what he has to say.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:54 PM

And they are probably laughing. Hate to say it, but if they were intelligent enough to steal the info, they are intelligent enough to cover their tracks.
Old 05-30-2001, 06:59 PM
The missing moderator

whatever dood.. i wasn't even in on that deal.. go read the GD forum.. i have had my body kit for over 7 months now

look, if you don't care so much, stop clicking on this thread and reading it. If you keep reading it, stop saying you don't care...
Old 05-30-2001, 07:03 PM
Administrator

so i guess favortism rules here right?

Originally posted by Shingles

look, if you don't care so much, stop clicking on this thread and reading it. If you keep reading it, stop saying you don't care...

Quick Reply: To all Forum members