General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My first accident with the MAx

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 07:10 AM

My first accident with the MAx

The morning started out nicely because I had put my last payment in the mail. About 5 minutes later I was stopped at a red light and some lady played bumper cars with the right side of my rear bumper. The damages are not severe but I don't like it nonetheless. Her insurance company told me Friday that their estimate is about $718.75. I have to replace the bumper cover and the energy absorber beneath it. I will probably buy the parts and have the cover painted so I can replace them myself. The parts will cost about $282 from the dealership.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Old Maxima Legend

sorry to hear, glad everyone was ok, hope things turn out like new ! keep on truckin!
Old 10-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Back from the dead

Wow man, got a ticket last year, accident now, your max is bad luck! hope it works out ok!
Old 10-23-2005, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by RockfordMax
Wow man, got a ticket last year, accident now, your max is bad luck! hope it works out ok!

LOL Thanks Rockford and CC.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:38 PM

I got it fixed today. The lady's insurer gave me a check for $718.75 to fix my car. I bought the parts for $281 from Nissan and had their body shop paint the bumper cover for $262. I put the parts on myself and had about $175 left over. The paint match is perfect.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:47 PM
all teh single ladiez

What kind of car was she driving?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by hybridioN
What kind of car was she driving?

She was driving a 99 Plymouth Voyager.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:55 PM
all teh single ladiez

Originally Posted by Zero Deuce SE
She was driving a 99 Plymouth Voyager.
Good thing she must have not been traveling too fast. Mini-vans have bumpers of steel. I hit a mini-van from behind on the highway, and she had a scratch or two; nothing touch-up paint couldn't fix. Yet, I need a new bumper.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:20 PM

Good thing she must have not been traveling too fast. Mini-vans have bumpers of steel. I hit a mini-van from behind on the highway, and she had a scratch or two; nothing touch-up paint couldn't fix. Yet, I need a new bumper.

1991 mercury cougars, cant be beat, she has 2 scratsches, MABYE $35 in paint, i have about $3000, new hood, bumper, grille, ac condenser, upper tie bar, headlights..
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 PM

She was not going too fast but she also hit near a strong area of the bumper instead of the middle. I did not see any visible damage on her bumper because she hit mine with her license plate holder.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:35 PM

Man that sucks - glad everyone's ok
Old 10-27-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by kcryan
1991 mercury cougars, cant be beat, she has 2 scratsches, MABYE $35 in paint, i have about $3000, new hood, bumper, grille, ac condenser, upper tie bar, headlights..
When did this happen, kcryan, and to which car in your fleet?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:45 AM

Don't sweat it, your car is paid, that's the most important thing, and the damage sounds like it's not bad.

Three weeks ago my brother got rear-ended on a Fri. night, and the lady sped off. I guess he was feeling up to it and he chased her down, got the plate and pulled-over and called the cops. The girl went on to clip 2 more cars in her escapades before crashing into a man in gray, i.e. police. She evaded all criminal charges by saying she had a diabetic seizure. I ran it by my g/f since she is a physician, and she said sure she most likely is diabetic, however, causing anything beyond the first incident (speeding off and crashing into 3 more cars) is a stretch.

Anyhow, a body shop quoted my bro' $490 for repairs, even though there is zero visible damage. The chick's insurance said to crack his window and leave the car at the commuter lot where he parks, and they'll cut a check based on their own estimate and slip it through the window (can you beleive that's how insurance works nowadays?). They undercut the estimate by $50, so my bro' said he'll take it. I told him he shoulda held out for $46,746 so he could get a new car, but that's just me.......
Old 10-28-2005, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
Don't sweat it, your car is paid, that's the most important thing, and the damage sounds like it's not bad.

Three weeks ago my brother got rear-ended on a Fri. night, and the lady sped off. I guess he was feeling up to it and he chased her down, got the plate and pulled-over and called the cops. The girl went on to clip 2 more cars in her escapades before crashing into a man in gray, i.e. police. She evaded all criminal charges by saying she had a diabetic seizure. I ran it by my g/f since she is a physician, and she said sure she most likely is diabetic, however, causing anything beyond the first incident (speeding off and crashing into 3 more cars) is a stretch.

Anyhow, a body shop quoted my bro' $490 for repairs, even though there is zero visible damage. The chick's insurance said to crack his window and leave the car at the commuter lot where he parks, and they'll cut a check based on their own estimate and slip it through the window (can you beleive that's how insurance works nowadays?). They undercut the estimate by $50, so my bro' said he'll take it. I told him he shoulda held out for $46,746 so he could get a new car, but that's just me.......

I'm good to go now. At least your brother can get some money out of the deal.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:11 PM

how often do you hear of someone getting hit, the insurance paying you in a timely manner and getting it fixed within 4 days.....thats a freakin record right there.

when i was hit by this crazy lady, i literally took 3 months to get a new bumper put on my jeep because the insurance company was draggin their feet.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
how often do you hear of someone getting hit, the insurance paying you in a timely manner and getting it fixed within 4 days.....thats a freakin record right there.

when i was hit by this crazy lady, i literally took 3 months to get a new bumper put on my jeep because the insurance company was draggin their feet.

The lady that hit me was honest about it when her insurer called her. I got my check a week after the accident. Since it was a low dollar amount, it probably sped up the process. The painter did an outstanding job on the bumper cover.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:50 PM

Glad you found a good paint match for that Tungsten Blue...its such an awesome color!!! Its great the damage wasn't any worse.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Northern Maxima
Glad you found a good paint match for that Tungsten Blue...its such an awesome color!!! Its great the damage wasn't any worse.
Thanks NM. I got my title in the mail today. I'm feeling all right now.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bobo
When did this happen, kcryan, and to which car in your fleet?

Over the summer, on a nice rainy day, anyway long story but thank god it was raining and i wasnt in the allante, the I30 took the hit, but is all fixed up now, and looks better than ever, new bumper was a necessity, even before the accident it was in horrible shape, and i put cefiros in.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:41 PM

same thing happened to me with my old car i had 1 payment left