General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

should i still mod my car? i was busy praying in church while someone stripped my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 02:27 PM

should i still mod my car? i was busy praying in church while someone stripped my car

well this was during 1P.M. i parked my car across the street of the church where there was a mechanical shop where they worked on forklifts.

Anyways i went out to check on my car, and my lip and eyelid was gone. Right next to my car were 2 guys working on a white 96 maxima, they were changin oil on the car and said they didnt see nothing. Now i started to yell at the guy, and half of my family, but they said it wasnt them and shiet. i asked them let me see the tape for the camera, but when we checked the tape was gone.

when i called the cops about a half hour later the guy with the maxima dips. Now i was talking to the owner and other guy at the shop and me and my family and friends came to the conclusion it wasnt them.
i parked in a real bad area..

neways ive been going to the that church for over 2 years and never had any problems.

i called the cops, and waited about 3 hours, even though the precingt was across the street. when i left the cops called me about 2hours later, i told them to go fawktthemselves.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:29 PM
UCF Lexus

someone stealing your lip and eyelids isnt stripping your car

sucks that it happened.....I'd move out of the state after all the sh*t youve been thru
Old 10-29-2005, 02:32 PM

its ironic, i mean my cousins been telling me to move to florida or some shiet last night cuz NY sucks..

but hey i love this place, anyother place is boring, trust me i have family all over the U.S. who were living inNY and moved, most have them have moved back because of boredom, but the rest are begging to come back.

uhm Bijan.. selling the lip? i need one
Old 10-29-2005, 02:39 PM

wow dude, that fawking sucks !

your car is cursed. Sell it.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:53 PM

cursed? i dont think so...or is it??

well let see, ran off the road when first month i got it

some bich hit me and ran a week after comming out of the paintshop on my rear bumper

some *** keyed my car at work, and ripped my eyelid

crashed car into a curb, airbags, windshield broken, front suspension damage, rim broke in half

now this shiet.. i duno i love my car
Old 10-29-2005, 02:55 PM

sell it. and get a 5.5 gen.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:02 PM

i have no money for a new car, im a broke college student

i have a question, should i buy the eyelids again? i really love them, but they cost like 80dollars
Old 10-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Back from the dead

Move to Rockford. Not much crime, 175k people, safe for maximas, and an hour from chicago.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear what happened. Sucks they stole your stillen lip, cars look better without eyelids IMO, I would not buy another set.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:00 PM

Sorry to hear about all your misfortune, but I think you would be better off with a bicycle and a good helmet!
Old 10-29-2005, 04:02 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Eyelids only look good on one piece headlights, it looks stupid on the stock lights.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

The education level of todays 18 year olds is just unbelievable.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:10 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
The education level of new york's 18 year olds is just unbelievable.
fixed....
Old 10-29-2005, 06:07 PM

education?? i dont get it

i love the eyelids, the car looks scary without it,

i feel like crap now when i drive my car, i used to hold my head uphigh now i wish i had 5 percent tints so noone could see me

ppl around here respect me, especially for my car.. i duno i dont want to drive it no more
Old 10-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

^^^^^ It gets better ^^^^^
Old 10-29-2005, 06:48 PM
KH3 by popular demand

It's normal to feel that way about not wanting to drive it. I personally would have got the guys license plate number of the maxima and keep an eye out for him if somehow he gets a new front lip all of a sudden. How the lip was installed also plays a factor, was it rivoted and bolted on? My folks live in NY city but I would hate to have a hooked up maxima there with all the stories. If you have full coverage insurance which I know is an arm and a leg up there i would see if they would replace it. You should be getting something for your money. But to answer your question, no I would not keep modding the car if you are in the city.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:48 PM
VIP Maxima

man ur car has such a ****in bad luck........

Old 10-29-2005, 06:54 PM

these types of things always happen to you
Old 10-29-2005, 08:59 PM

i have sorona eye lids for sale. $50 let me know i'm in manhattan
Old 10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Driving is the next best thing

dude, sell it if you can…

One guy sold his car the same week he bough it. First, someone hit him while he was driving from the dealership, after that, some one broke one of the headlights and finally the ceiling in his garage collapsed while the car was inside. Believe it or not, it’s a true story.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:39 PM

the fawked up part is that they took only ONE of the eyelid.. fawkin haters
Old 10-29-2005, 10:54 PM

its probably the same person if they only took one eyelid....if they wanted to rip ur **** apart they would have. but man sell that thing, part it out or something. get a honda and leave it stock haha
Old 10-30-2005, 07:43 AM

nope im going to get a new lip and same eye lids, i aint lettin noone stop me

this is the plate of the maxima that was next to mine, who they were working on

DBB 4148

it had to be them, when i saw my lip missin, i ran up to this motherfawka, and he was like na those are 2 different bumpers, he didnt even look at the car...

i went outside an hour after i parked, by time then these ****** 3 of them were standing by my car working on that white max in front the mechanic shop. they had already drop the pan and took out the old filter, and they didnt see nothing.. i duno i have a 50/50 feelin though
Old 10-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Damn 2 da max. I hope you have better luck with your car and safety. Its a bit odd as your max's parts are missing there is someone else working on another maxima.

I hope you catch the people doing it, or they just stop.

Also for those saying his car is cursed. . . maybe he's cursed and the car is feeling the effects? the next car would be subject to the same treatment. I dont believe your cursed thought, and best of luck to you.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:11 PM

eyo marlyn you got close up pix of your eyelids?
Old 10-30-2005, 02:58 PM

This thread is weird in that it mentions church. I dunno, I know some people who are very spiritual shall we say, where something like their car getting stripped would roll off their backs like water off of a duck's. There are people younger than us getting their gall bladders removed, and the congregation prays for a successful surgery etc. Can you imagine being in your mid 20's and never being able to eat fatty foods again? Anyway, was just curious why prayer and church were mentioned in the title.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:07 PM

well i am very religous, i dont know maybe i commited a sin thats what happened.

but i suffer from something were im not allowed to eat sugar at all, but hey i dont talk about it. ppl have different problems in life, my car being stripped is just one if it, i put alot of money into this car, but yes i know its wrong

my priest told me this..

dont worship or idolise your car, dont worship or idolise your house, and dont worship or idolise any material possisions, because when its gone what do you have? you are destroyed..i guess same things happening to me, i got destroyed...we
Old 10-30-2005, 04:15 PM

AMEN! i used to be liek that with my car. but you know what what goes around comes around. keep ya head up
Old 10-30-2005, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
well i am very religous, i dont know maybe i commited a sin thats what happened.
Sorry to hear about your car, I've read many tales of diaster that have hit your car as the years gone on .. I'm seriously crossing my fingers for better luck for you.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Repent, Sinners!

Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 PM

eyo marlon you got close up pix of your eyelids?

Thats as close up as I have for now. Dont ask me where I got them from, they were on the headlights when I got them from manual maxima, I cant remember where he got it from.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:16 PM

Reason you feel the way you do; you have been violated. It is the same as if someone had stolen items off your person. Being violated, even in this way, is personal.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:54 PM

You do realize that it's quite possible the people who "stripped" your car found it by lurking (most likely unregistered) on this website, and if you post about the fact that you'll be replacing the mods, they'll come back for more.

It also doesn't help that you post about where you park your car on the regular. I'm not entirely familiar with jamaica queens, but I'm sure there aren't all that many churches with mechanic shops and police precincts right across the street. By posting that you're very religious, and describing in detail the surroundings of the church you frequent, you're just as well off keeping your doors unlocked and putting a "steal me" sign on your hood.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by mchne
You do realize that it's quite possible the people who "stripped" your car found it by lurking (most likely unregistered) on this website, and if you post about the fact that you'll be replacing the mods, they'll come back for more.

It also doesn't help that you post about where you park your car on the regular. I'm not entirely familiar with jamaica queens, but I'm sure there aren't all that many churches with mechanic shops and police precincts right across the street. By posting that you're very religious, and describing in detail the surroundings of the church you frequent, you're just as well off keeping your doors unlocked and putting a "steal me" sign on your hood.

i always park in front the church, and theres usually watchmen, but saturday was a different occasion... no one was out side really

i still think its that guy with that white max, the only thing is he has a 96 bumper..

i
Old 10-31-2005, 01:59 AM

i always park in front the church
Right... that's my point.

heh.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:09 AM

Man dont sweat it, yea it sux but its like there is nothing much you can do btw where is the church
Old 10-31-2005, 04:34 PM

welcome to nyc/ it's life, deal with it and move on.
in 99 when i just got my car 3 weeks later later i got my whole body kit painted and put on, i parked in chinatown nyc/ some fawkers stole my whole kit off my car in a mere 30 minutes i was parked in broad daylight with busy traffic and NO-ONE saw anything.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:47 PM

Well i cant really complain, because it couldve been my whole car.. i guess you can consider me lucky
Old 11-01-2005, 07:03 AM

Well i cant really complain, because it couldve been my whole car.. i guess you can consider me lucky
There you go. Atleast you had some car to come back to. Some have not been so lucky to see their car at all still there.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by SaladTosser

Worst Photoshop ever. I dont even know what/who you're making fun of...

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
Can you imagine being in your mid 20's and never being able to eat fatty foods again? Anyway, was just curious why prayer and church were mentioned in the title.

2 Da Max- Living in NY is already a disadvantage in terms of vehicle security. I would slow down on having large pics of my car and current mods. All people have to do is google your sn and viola!

Quick Reply: should i still mod my car? i was busy praying in church while someone stripped my car