General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What should I do??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:09 PM

What should I do??

I bought a radiator to replace on my 95 camry from Radiator Express in August. About a month ago I realized that it started leaking so I called them up and they happily sent me a new radiator the next day. They explained that they would charge the new radiator on my credit card and I would need to send back the faulty radiator for inspection. So after I install the new radiator I find another HOLE in the radiator!! I was pouring in coolant from the top and it was leaking out the middle of the radiator between the fins. I was outraged... I call them back and tell them my situation and it seems that everybody that answers the phone supposedly can't help me and only the manager can. Each person tells me to email him as that would be the best way to contact him. I do so multiple times and still no response. Even when I call they tell me the manager is not available or will be back in an hour. My car has been sitting in my driveway for a week now and I paid for two radiators that are faulty. I want my money back! but it seems like nobody at Radiator Express will help me.

I was thinking about contacting BBB and tell them of my situation. I have documented my emails to them with no response and photographs of the hole in the radiator.

What do I do??
Any help or input would be appreciated!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i say give them one mroe chance to remedy the fault, if it doesnt go well then head to the BBB.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:13 AM
lp

Camry?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Call your credit card company and get the charges reversed.

They'll call you back pretty quickly once they get notified about that transaction.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by lp
Camry?
Yea its my dads car.

I just got a reply back today by email and they said they would refund the money on my second radiator after an inspection. They are still going to inspect the first radiator to see if its gonna be covered under warranty. Now they're gonna have both the radiators I paid for and all my money

I have to pay for shipping too
Old 11-22-2005, 12:45 PM

Wow, that's pretty crappy. I've ordered at least 3x from them (altima, maxima, camry) and never had a problem with the radiators. Do you think it's where the atf tank and coolant tanks meet?
Jae
Old 11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

This belongs in the 'other' car forum.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ThurzNite
Wow, that's pretty crappy. I've ordered at least 3x from them (altima, maxima, camry) and never had a problem with the radiators. Do you think it's where the atf tank and coolant tanks meet?
Jae
the first radiator seems like its just bad welding or craftmanship. seems to be leaking between welds on the face of the radiator. the second radiator was damaged upon arrival, after installing it i found a tiny hole where coolant was continuously leaking out. both models that i received were the full metal replacements.

sorry for posting in the wrong forum, feel free to move this thread.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by okay
I bought a radiator to replace on my 95 camry from Radiator Express in August. About a month ago I realized that it started leaking so I called them up and they happily sent me a new radiator the next day. They explained that they would charge the new radiator on my credit card and I would need to send back the faulty radiator for inspection. So after I install the new radiator I find another HOLE in the radiator!! I was pouring in coolant from the top and it was leaking out the middle of the radiator between the fins. I was outraged... I call them back and tell them my situation and it seems that everybody that answers the phone supposedly can't help me and only the manager can. Each person tells me to email him as that would be the best way to contact him. I do so multiple times and still no response. Even when I call they tell me the manager is not available or will be back in an hour. My car has been sitting in my driveway for a week now and I paid for two radiators that are faulty. I want my money back! but it seems like nobody at Radiator Express will help me.

I was thinking about contacting BBB and tell them of my situation. I have documented my emails to them with no response and photographs of the hole in the radiator.

What do I do??
Any help or input would be appreciated!
I can tell you that unfortunately the BBB is useless. Their database(s) are disjointed, their reps have zero clout, and I guess the bottom line is the only thing that will happen is anybody who takes the time to search on this radiator company through the BBB can see that they have had complaints before. I filled out a report against Maytag years ago when I got that thousand dollar agitator-less Neptune washer, and it arrived dented. The BBB in Iowa and Tennessee both sent me a letter back stating vendor says dispute resolved. Say what???? I then wrote a letter to the CEO who actually saw to it that the problem was resolved. But if this radiator place is fly-by-night, they may not have a CEO etc. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Your credit card should provide protection against stuff like this. Call your credit card company and inform them of the situation. They will reverse the charges and you will have all your money back now you wont have to worry about their all powerful manager always being out to lunch. Find some other reputable place to get a radiator... check the camry forums for that one though