General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Are you guys bad when it comes to road rage??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are you guys bad when it comes to road rage??

How many of you guys get really mad when somebody does something STUPID and unsafe on the road, do you just brush it off or flip them off or stnad on the horn, call the cops etc.. And do you have any good stories about it??
me it depends whether im already in a good mood or not, sometimes i'l laugh and call them an idiot, but others i admit i'll be the "tailgate/flash brights/lay on the horn" guy when some dumba$$ makes me slam on the brakes. my favorite is when i'm getting tailgated real bad, then they go to pass put it in 3rd or 4th and floor it they hate that
ok well lets see what you gotta say
Old 11-26-2005, 12:37 PM

guilty...crazy road rage
Old 11-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally Posted by carsarecool
How many of you guys get really mad when somebody does something STUPID and unsafe on the road, do you just brush it off or flip them off or stnad on the horn, call the cops etc..
Road rage in itself is stupid and very unsafe.
Too many accidents killing innocent people happen because of it as well.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Maxima lover

I used to be really bad, until March 9th 2005. I got into it with this guy and we stopped in a parking lot. He came at me saying he was going to kick my *** and when he grabbed me, I smacked him with a collapsible baton. He pulled a gun to my head, said he was going to blow my brains out, and then later said he was a cop, but he was unable to prove it. He turned around for a second and I jumped in my car and took off.

Two hours later 11 police officers came and arrested me for, peace disturbance, reckless driving, unlawful use of a deadly weapon (felony), Assault of a police officer (felony). I ended up getting out of it after I testified before the grand jury. The cop had been drinking and I was able to prove self-defense.

Here is the police report. Obviously it is the drunk police officers version of what happened. I thought I should go ahead and post it now before someone calls BS.
Here is a pic of my first charges.
http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page3b5td.jpg

Here is a pic from the second time I got arrested, when they changed the 3rd to 2nd degree assault.
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?i...aseedit3rc.jpg

The police report
http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5edited8jr.jpg

http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page5b0bu.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6edited4vh.jpg

Old 11-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Play with my balls

I use to be bad, but it's just not worth it anymore. I just stay away from idiots and let them gamble somewhere else.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:42 PM

Some old guy almos hit me. I blew my horn for about a mile and he cursed at me and when i made my turn into the dealership i was going to he pulled in and proceeded to curse some more sooooooooooooooo funny
Old 11-26-2005, 02:18 PM

I get angry but just in my head, I don't actually curse out anybody or give the finger. I'll just look at them and roll shake my head in disapproval I do make use of the horn, like the other day when I got stuck driving HALF of the speed limit on the highway behind some stupid little Chrysler who was scared of driving in the snow and seemed to have trouble staying in their lane. I honked when I finally got to pass them because its ridiculous they were holding up traffic and not pulling over.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:21 PM

i am just like whatever we all do the same stupid stuff so why should i get mad
Old 11-26-2005, 02:26 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

I get super angry when I drive because there are so man GOD DAMN MOTHER ****ING IDIOTS on the road. I dont yell and scream or flip people off tho. Ill usually just laugh at them which in turn, makes them mad haha. Or if its real bad I just make as much noise as possible, because people cant stand noise or smoke (tho I dont think I have ever used my horn). I never really do anything dangerous tho.

One time I got stuck on the freeway in the fast lane behind a Vespa going 40mph.

Another time I was at a stop sign and the guy on the other side of the road who wanted to make a left infront of me decided he didnt have to stop at the stop sign, so I just went and he had ot slam on his brakes to avoid hitting me. Then all I could hear was his fat *** passenger screaming and the drivers fat *** hanging out the window yelling "B!TCH" as loud as I have ever heard it haha. I just looked at them and laughed which made then furious HAHAHA.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:57 PM

i usually wave, killem with kindness
Old 11-26-2005, 04:29 PM

cant stand bad drivers

Originally Posted by kidkay
guilty...crazy road rage
Old 11-26-2005, 04:56 PM

i used to when i was like 17 but know i ignore them
Old 11-26-2005, 05:04 PM

I **** them off, if they **** me off. i know it is bad, i try to stop
Old 11-26-2005, 05:07 PM

I used to let it bother me. Once I found out I had high blodd pressure I changed my outlook. I don't let anyone bother me on the road these days. I want to stay healty as long as possible. Life is too short to let some bonehead mess up your day.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:26 PM

wow, that really sucks about the whole cop thing- i dont want it to get too far ever, most of the time when i'm in a good mood i'l laugh it off or wave or something which is what you SHOULD do... sometimes its my fault and i feel like a d!ck and somebody gets mad but others.. usually i'll beep or flash my brights if i get cut off or something. the other day i was coming back from a football game and getting tailgated by some a$$ in an acura, which pissed me off (i was doing 65 in 55) he went to pass me and i put it in 4th(didnt wanna speed too much) and he cuts back in front, so i keep it in 4th and put my brights on and get on his ***, so he slams on the brakes. i didnt hit him but boy was i fuming
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 PM

I let it get ro me some, but I am a lot better than I used to be. We have had too many crazy things happen around here from road rage. If it is a bad situation, I just use the cell to advise the cops there is a problem.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:17 PM

I get road rage from time to time.........GUILTY

My buddy's dad gets crazy though. If he's on the freeway or highway and someone pisses him off, he'll pull up to the side of them and yell at him to pull over. I'm glad he's not my dad lol
Old 11-27-2005, 01:24 PM

hehe, im guilty of it! if im stuck behind an old lady, or my favorite, the 'new driver', going like 30 on a 45, ill stick my head out the window and scream, "move that PIECE OF ****!" or something like that. if someone gets pissed at me, ill usually give them the thumbs up out the window or turn on really corny japanese pop music and start dancing at the stop light. people tend not to f(_)c|< with you when they think you're crazy.
little off topic... but i was ****ing around with people at wendy's, yelling **** at them and stuff cuz i was that bored. went away and started driving around, and started to follow a cop. cop figures out what im up to and leads me into the police station. i get lost in the station's parking lot and proceed to drive in circles like an idiot but it was funny cuz the cop was leaning on his car watching me laughing. idunno it seems like cops like me for some reason.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:55 PM

Road rage is stupid. You can kill yourself or other innocent people. Just brush it off. In California you'll get shot. I learned in my younger days. Some think they're all bad *** until people start sticking guns out thier windows waiting to shoot your head off.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:02 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Originally Posted by eyesack killa
hehe, im guilty of it! if im stuck behind an old lady, or my favorite, the 'new driver', going like 30 on a 45, ill stick my head out the window and scream, "move that PIECE OF ****!" or something like that. if someone gets pissed at me, ill usually give them the thumbs up out the window or turn on really corny japanese pop music and start dancing at the stop light. people tend not to f(_)c|< with you when they think you're crazy.
little off topic... but i was ****ing around with people at wendy's, yelling **** at them and stuff cuz i was that bored. went away and started driving around, and started to follow a cop. cop figures out what im up to and leads me into the police station. i get lost in the station's parking lot and proceed to drive in circles like an idiot but it was funny cuz the cop was leaning on his car watching me laughing. idunno it seems like cops like me for some reason.

I now deem you the dumbest, most retarted person on this board.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:03 PM

I think I've simmered down quite a bit as I've been become more "domesticated." In 2k4 I got into 2 situations which were leading to physical altercations. In each case, the other party chickened out. I was serious about putting a hurt on each of them. But who knows, like the story where a cop and a gun were involved, who cares how good a person is with his fists or even right or wrong, when some other party is willing to pull out a firearm?

So I guess as I've thought more about my future with my g/f, career, goals, I've started to let things go. And another weird thing is sometimes road rage is dependent on the car we're driving--I have NEVER had a single incident driving a CR-V or 330i. Only the Maxima.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:05 PM

I dunno when i first started driving i would want to chase them down and kill them. Now that it happens like every day to me i just used to it so it doesnt bother me ..i would say no i dont have road rage
Old 11-27-2005, 08:06 PM
SLOW

I get angry easily and I'm impatient by nature. The worst I do though is lay on the horn and throw my hands up in the air and yell (inside my car).
Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Wild for Width

Originally Posted by Vlasic

I now deem you the dumbest, most retarted person on this board.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:16 PM

It boggles my mind that someone would be willing to take someone's life because the person pissed them off on the road...

I get pissed, but only in my car, I NEVER flip anyone off... too many guns floating around. I curse (windows up), occasionally get too close, but I've been working very hard on that, flash brights at stupid slow people who think it's their G-d given right to be in the left-most lane. I'll pass on the right if I can't get em to move and of course a light tap of the horn if they're putting on their lipstick/dialing a cell phone at a stop light and it turns green. (when they don't go of course)

I'm a courteous driver, I'll let you in to traffic IF YOU SIGNAL. My biggest pet peeve is people who don't signal... to change lanes, to enter traffic, left turns, etc... SIGNAL!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Project Ruby......

I can get crazy from time to time. A women in her huge Silverado 3500 made a right in front of me and proceeded to get over into the left lane, the lane I was in.

I sensed it coming before she rolled out so I was already lifting slightly and ready to brake. Instead of pulling out and speeding up she decided to pull out and only do about 10 so I got over in the right lane laid on the horn and flipped her off.

As driving by I noticed she was on her cell phone as well. She rolled back up along side of me and and screamed something at me with her window halfway up, I'm sure it was only 4 letter words.

I have been trying to work on my road rage, but people down here in TN do not know how to drive a single bit. I can remember being 12 living in NJ scared to death with my mom, I thought people were nuts up there. Now I have come to realize that they actually know how to drive 20 times better than anybody down here

What makes it so bad down here is the people that can't drive already are rolling around in 2-ton tanks basically, can't see worth diddly and then also have a cell phone in there hand which just escalates the problem twice as much.

The worst I have ever done is flip some one off. But for dumbass rednecks sitting at a redlight and talking trash to me........well that's a totally different story on how I lose my cool.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:19 PM

Most of the time I'm extra polite. but I can be just like goofy from the disney cartoon. older crowd you know what I'm tlaking aobut. the one goofy goes insane behina car but is a flower of politeness when walking.

well I think I have a little of my father. Like him, I'm not a road rage, I'm a road Maniac insane, I want to die type of angry person.
But that is just when I'm really stressed out. For some reason I drive my car 100x better when I'm really angry. (Also I'm from brazil, and driving there you must be 1000x better driver and quick reflexes then her in US.
example, I few days ago, I was leaving the parking lot of my school, I was been polite and letting a kid go infront of me.... eventualy we get into this intersection with tow lanes turning into one. (BTW also between a light)
the kid was calm and patient to get in the street, and I was calm also, then a stupid lady behind me honks the car. the kid got mad and gave me the finger. I went crazy, I burned tires passed him ran trought the yellow light with a few inches betwwen two stoped cars. and the kid was really scared becasue he was trying race me. (kind of)
yes it is pretty bad, but that was the most I did, and i felt pretty bad afterward of the danger I did.

but usualy I just pass slow cars whenever i feel like. never pay attention to the yellow lines in the middle. I CAN I GO.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:16 PM
VIP Maxima

i used to be very good but lately too many morons **** the **** out of me with their horn. i have 0 tolerance for people honkin at me for whatever reason they feel like. if light turns green and im 1 sec late, BEEP BEEP. if i have to go at an angel into a shoppin center or get out of it, BEEP BEEP. or dum****s who shake their head at me because i neeed to get out of a shoppin center at a 70 degree angel. they give me this look like im a complete moron who is out of his mind while shaking their head in disbelief as they await me exit the shopping center in their PICE OF **** GEO METRO. funny thing is that im prolly a better driver than most of these asshats. impatient morons are going to be egged by me from now on because as of yesterday, i do CARRY boxes of EGG in my car. next person who honk or give me stupid look is gonna get it. BB gun will be purchased soon.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:09 AM

I never got fumed enough to flip someone off to their face, just the whole condescending head-shake, few honks or a few flashes.

Once this asshat in some $50 truck painted primer with a loud exhaust kept on speeding up when I tried to pass him, so finally I got pissed off and just went for it. So he's on my tail honking for a mile or so and finally gets up beside me hinting that he's going to ram me, or at least steal my paintjob (which was actually an acura legend at that time, bad paintjob anyway). When I finally let him know he had my attention, he started pointing his finger at me and yelling something (as if I could hear him or something...). When he was satisfied that he had taught me a lesson and started to drive off I gave him the goofiest grin and thumbs-up that I could muster up at the moment. Booooy did that **** him off, hahahahahahaha... back to the ramming and yelling motions. I wound up giving in pretty quickly and giving some "relax" body language since my sister was in the car.

Usually I get pretty pissed if someone pulls in front of me badly enough to effectively brake check me, but I won't do anything besides a few horn toots (nothing really obnoxious, just more of a "hey, watch what you're doing")/light flashes, etc. Worst I've done besides that is when someone pulled out in front of me very slowly when I was doing 50 or so (40 zone) then proceeded to slam on his brakes as I came up on him. The guy was about 45, had his wife and two kids in the car and everything... how stupid can you be (he was even pulling out of a high school)? I just got in front of him, stopped him at the next green light, waited until it turned yellow and then went through, leaving him with the red.

Jackarse.

Actually I should mention something that REALLY pisses me off, when I'm driving downtown or something and I have a green light, but someone decides to waltz across the street in front of me when they've got the "red hand" or whatever. Worst I do in that situation is redline the engine when they're in front of me and maybe leave some rubber right next to them on departure. Once I yelled at a lady who was doing that (ALSO WITH HER KIDS, great thing to demonstrate) "it's RED for you..." as I went by, then she screamed "it's GREEN, ya F*CKER!" ...the LIGHT was green but not the crosswalk signal. Guess you can't win with some people, ignorance is bliss etc. It really makes me (and my roomate) want to get one of those hella supertones though. I want people to fall off bikes on the few occasions that I honk my horn. Someone who has it, is it really that loud?

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
i do CARRY boxes of EGG in my car.
You should keep those refrigerated...
Old 11-28-2005, 06:04 AM

I'll admit, I'm pretty bad, and need to work on it. I have many stories...but my biggest pet peeve is when you have the right of way, and people are too ignorant to realize it. I mean come on, there's a light coming out of our town's Wal-Mart, where most of that traffic exits turning left. Me, I happened to be on the opposite side of the intersection, wanting to go straight into the plaza. Well, I pull out, and a couple cars went by, turning left in front of me because they couldn't stop - fine by me, I'll wait a little even with my right of way. By now, I'm in the intersection as far as I can go without hitting the people turning left out of the parking lot. Then, at least five other cars don't yeild right of way, so I put up my hands in a shrug, to show them I don't know wtf they are doing/thinking. THEN, the light goes RED, I'm stuck in the intersection, and there are STILL people making a left turn (they had a red too). By now I'm mouthing, still shrugging my shoulders, and inching farther and farther, and the last lady to turn left ON RED had the audacity to start calling me a Jackarse, and words like that. Whoa boy, if I wasn't so committed to the intersection by this time, I would've turned around and chased that slt to give her a piece of my mind. But I didn't do that, and continued on my way...the bad thing is she probably thinks SHE was in the right....just saying this story makes me mad.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:21 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

i get pissed off when people drive below the speed limit or just have no common sense. i give a flash or 2 of the high beams, and when the dumbass gets out of my way I give the horn, beams and finger at the same time
Old 11-28-2005, 06:29 AM

yeah if i was speeding and somebody pulls out and i hafta slow down then its usually not a big deal cause it was probly me, but if im doing say 40 in a 40 or better yet 55 in a 55 and the people who think they can pull out in highway traffic and gently tap on the gas and take 10 mins to get halfway to the speed limit just **** me off.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:46 AM

When people drive past a stop sign or block me or something of that nature I just shake my head. But when someone cuts me off I go crazy over them. One guy cut me off a couple of years ago and made me crash and ran away. Insurance didn't want nothing to do with me because I didn't get his plates. So whenever someone cuts me off I tail gate them with my brights yelling at them. One time A guy in a truck cut me off severly and a cop across the street stopped at the light saw the whole thing. He didn't do ****. I was so furious. I chased the guy in the truck down and even got his plates down and called the cops and they didn't want to do nothing unless he hit me.

One time a lady cut me off, it's not one of those quick cut offs but more like she cut me off slowly. I was so furious, I tailgated her and honked at her, she got off the freeway quick.

Some people don't even know how to drive. Some people never even look in their blind spots. Some people tailgate you even though you're doing 10-15mph over the speed limit. I just hope one day that I don't lose it and whack them in the head with a wrench or a bat.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:02 AM

I used to have the worst road rage until I realized it doesn't really accomplish anything. The bad driver will still be a bad driver and here I was getting all worked up over basically nothing. I am however, a very defensive driver. If I see some moron weaving in and out of traffic and I anticipate he is going to cut me off, I purposely speed up to close the gap. Now that kind of stuff pisses them off and I get to laugh at them. When it comes down to it, we're not going to make idiot drivers better no matter how pissed off we get. I just try and make sure I don't become one of those drivers. Just my $.02.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Banned

All of you need to take some Zanex or something. Peace. my brotha's, peace! Seriously, the only traffic worse than DC is LA. I can handle DC without going nuts, so why can't you guys handle the backwoods of Louisiana without loosing your cool? I grew up in Indiana, so I understand the rednecks and their driving habits (or lack thereof), so don't give me that crap either. Chill out, listen to some music, and stop being stupid.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by GBAUER
All of you need to take some Zanex or something. Peace. my brotha's, peace! Seriously, the only traffic worse than DC is LA.

I'm down there just about every weekend and it's like thunderdome on that beltway and I-95. Plus you get around any large shopping area and nobody knows where the heck they are going.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:36 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by GBAUER
I grew up in Indiana.
that's nothing. I grew up in metro Detroit, you should see how many dumbasses there are on the road. there's one freeway here, its like the autobahn
Old 11-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Always sunny in philly

It's a reason why I carry an AK while I drive...in my lap...at all times
Old 11-28-2005, 07:44 AM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by eyesack killa
WTF is wrong with you??? Grow your *** up and get some friends, yelling sh*t at people at Wendy's becuase you are bored? I expect that kind of stupidity from somewhere in like North Dakota, but you are from NJ.....
Old 11-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wills98MaxSE
that's nothing. I grew up in metro Detroit, you should see how many dumbasses there are on the road. there's one freeway here, its like the autobahn
I know about 80 people from there (most of my Fraturnity. I attended Western Michigan for about three semesters of partying) and the driving isn't bad there either. Try DC some time. I though Chicago was bad until I was on 495 doing 90 just to keep up with traffic and got passed by a cruiser doing around 100 or so just driving along. That's on the south side of the beltway. On the north side, you're lucky if you hit a whopping 20 mph during rush hour. About halfway around you get a nice break-check when you go from 90 to 0 in about 100 feet or so. Oh, and the whole time you're driving you're about 5 feet from the guy in front just to make sure you don't get cut off.

Quick Reply: Are you guys bad when it comes to road rage??