General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ticket for my tints

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ticket for my tints

damn i had my tints for about a year now and i drove by many cops and they never pulled me over. i thought my sides were light enough to see through but tonight the stupid lady cop pulled me over. my back window is tinted 15% and my sides are 35%. the law here is that, you cant have any tints on the side. anyways i didnt get fined, but i gotta go to court at the end of january, and show up with the tint removed. i dont know if i can just bring a picture and show them my old pic. this sucks. i hate new jersey.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Need A Light?

sucks...I got popped for my 5% tint...you aint the only one
Old 12-30-2005, 10:08 PM

it really does, and the funny thing was, there was 2 squad cars, and the other guy was right behind us, with his hands to his gun. (but you can clearly see through the tints because i know how it looks from outside, plus i had my dome lights on, you can CLEARLY see through with the lights on) he was just trying to look cool i guess.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by steven88
sucks...I got popped for my 5% tint...you aint the only one

same here, i no longer have my front windows tinted anymore
Old 12-31-2005, 09:26 AM

hey where in monmouth county you live, im from monmouth as well. cops are a huge pain around here.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:48 AM

I got pulled over for my tints too. 3 years of having the tints and one bored cop to stop me. I'm not removing them.....
Old 12-31-2005, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ricedout
damn i had my tints for about a year now and i drove by many cops and they never pulled me over. i thought my sides were light enough to see through but tonight the stupid lady cop pulled me over. my back window is tinted 15% and my sides are 35%. the law here is that, you cant have any tints on the side. anyways i didnt get fined, but i gotta go to court at the end of january, and show up with the tint removed. i dont know if i can just bring a picture and show them my old pic. this sucks. i hate new jersey.
is this new? i got a tint ticket about a year ago (knocked down from 85/65) and i just had to pay the fine. every single tint ticket I ever got in NJ, with every car, i just had to pay the fine, about $45. is it different for each township? if it is, im staying outta wherever you live, haha.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:25 AM

I always find it odd that cops have their windows tinted, maybe not the state or town cars with the light bars but the undercover cars, ironic how many laws the police break to uphold the law

When ever I get pulled over I just put the windows down and crank the heat
Old 12-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Boosted?....

I just go pulled over for tints a few weeks ago. In VA, you can prepay the penalty and not remove you tints. This the second ticket I've gotten for this. The only thing that brought attention to my car was no front license plate. The first time it was because I had messed up rear bumper and that brought attention to my car.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Mass_Media™

ive been pulled over 4 times in 2 months for tint along with my side markers being white by the same cop everytime. makes me mad he follows me I swear
Old 12-31-2005, 11:57 AM

i have a medical card to have my windshield and side windows tinted. 35% on windshield and 20% on side windows. the car is registered and insured in my mothers name (cheaper) rather than mine. she has a skin disorder nothing bad. so the dr fills out a form and it gets sent to the DMV for review and they send u a medical card in the mail.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:55 PM

i live in holmdel, and i did drove by many cops all. i just happend to be unlucky i guess. or she was just bored. and ive seen state troopers and local patrol cars with 5% tints all around. (i was taught you always lead with your examples to set for your junior marines.) if they can have tints, why cant we? i live in a quiet old people neighborhood, nothing EVER happens here. theres gotta be a way to get out of this. i looked at the ticket but no fine, but she didnt check court apperance required, she just gave me the date. if i dont show up would they have a warrant on my as$?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:15 PM

holy crap i live in H del too. wow small world, never seen your car. maybe u seen mine white 97 i30 with cefiro kit, headlights, and grille. hit me up on aim sometime, creativedesignz1.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:04 PM

Well a couple buddies of mine are tinters, and they recommend first always use the phrase "It was on here when I bought it" they can't prove it and they usually won't do anything but maybe tell you, that you need to lighten it. Another is turn on the dome lights, and roll the windows down. As well, it is the end of the month and the cops have to meet their quota, so they are out there looking for even the smallest break of the law. However, take that picture you have and have it reprinted with a new date on it, like you just took it, and when you go to court take it, and drive a different car, barrow a buddies or whatever you have to do. They aren't going to drag the entire court room out there to see, but they want proof it is off. But you are lucky, if the cop wanted to be a ****, he/she could have handed you a razor blade and stood there and watched you have to scrape it off, they do reserve that right. But you are lucky. I have never had a problem with my tint, and I have had 20% on my explorer and was pulled over many times for speeding, but never a word about the tint, I had a Dodge Ram with 15% on it and never a word about the tint on it, and I have 5% on my max and never a word on it, you just can't be doing anything stupid, and you won't have a problem.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:37 PM

cops dont have quotas....
Old 12-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Shift_3.0

Or you can just wip out the handy dandy PBA card, I have about 6 in my wallet...lol
Old 12-31-2005, 04:37 PM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by CreativeDesignz
as a nj d.o.t. employee i hear differently on that.....
Old 12-31-2005, 04:52 PM

No they dont, they have "projected goals"
Old 12-31-2005, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by kcryan
No they dont, they have "projected goals"
Same difference....
Old 12-31-2005, 07:38 PM

CreativeDesignz your an idiot if you don't think cops have a certain amount of tickets they are supposed to give out each month, which is why if you look at when most tickets are given out, it is typically at the end of the month.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:56 PM

tru it was end of the month, i should of stayed home. damn.

creative, i think i seen your car before, right by the high school. i live by k mart btw. and do you also go to BCC? you got HIDs and tinted windows right? i wasnt driving when i saw you, i was in my friends car. your car is nice man. when i saw your car, i was wondering if you were on here. haha, small world, esp in the rough streets of holmdel
Old 01-01-2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by DukeDuke
But you are lucky, if the cop wanted to be a ****, he/she could have handed you a razor blade and stood there and watched you have to scrape it off, they do reserve that right.
they can really do that?
Old 01-01-2006, 08:21 AM

CreativeDesignz your an idiot if you don't think cops have a certain amount of tickets they are supposed to give out each month, which is why if you look at when most tickets are given out, it is typically at the end of the month.
from an article i read a year or so ago (it may have been an interview with a trooper in Maxim), they asked about the end of the month thing. what i recall about the article is that the cop said it is illegal for a department to say , "okay, you need to right X amount of tickets each month, and if you dont, this will happen." he DID say of course police were encouraged to write a larger amount of tickets, because its more revenue for the state. so if you have one officer writing 200 tickets a month, but another one writing 30, obviously they are gonna get on his *** about it.

so come the end of the month, some officers may be on the low end, and have to scramble to write some more tickets. other officers who have been consistent really arent going to do any different than they always do. at least, thats what i got out of the article.

not that this really changes thing, because the cops that are scrambling are still going to give out tickets, but its gonna be different all over. i live about a 1/4 mile from the towns police station, and i can honestly say that patrol has no increase or decrease at the end of the month, everything is pretty consistent throughout the whole month.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:33 AM

I think I would know, My mother works with the Holmdel police judge 1st of all. and 2nd of all i was a police explorer for more than 5 years. they do not have quotas. Holmdel writes enough tickets as it is so i guess they "meet their projected goals." But yea i go to BCC. well last semester was my last. my winshield is tinted as are my fronts. damn you got my car down to the T, u knwo where i live and go to school. I live right across from raritan in those new houses they just put up. and yes 6000k hids and yellow fogs its the only way to go.
Ps Duke, at no point did i call u an idiot or anything i dont really appreciate things like that you could have just said what u had to say, just dont make this into a personal attack because u are wrong.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Bro, I have about 15 friends who are officers, they are cruisers, laws may be different in New Jersery than it is everywhere else, because that state is a little backwards anyway, but everyone of them has a certain amount of tickets they are supposed to give, they have a projected goal which is more than what they are supposed to give. If they didn't have any goals to meet, or anything, they wouldn't give any tickets, not all cops are bad or ****s, so they would give you a warning everytime, and nothing would ever get done. And as far as making a personal attack, and saying what I had to say, I said what I had to say, your an idiot if you don't think they are have a certain amount of tickets they are supposed to give out, when I say you, yes you are included, however you points towards anyone who thinks that.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:25 PM

yea they have a certain amount PER YEAR, so end of the month quotas are not in effect. Did you work for the police ever? no, i did so u can think im an idiot all you want but the fact of the matter is that there is no reason for cops to have quotas and rush at the end of the month. dont u think they would give out as many tickets at the beggining of the month rather than the end so they dont have to work as hard at the end. these points are completely valid and its retarded to argue about it.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:56 PM
brotherhood of tq

at my job we deal wit the police and have the same memos passed to the chiefs or police as to the d.o.t. heads and i have held in my hand crap talking about police urged to meet a number of citations(sp).
Old 01-02-2006, 12:21 AM

Thank you Liqidvenom, point proven.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:25 AM

KCMC582 Thank you for the information as well. And to aLTWeezy, yes they can do that, if you get on their bad said, I have seen and have a friend who had it done to them, had 15% on the front window of his mustang, and the cop stopped him at midnight for speeding, and went and got a razor blade and told him to do it.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:46 AM

KCMC582 Thank you for the information as well. And to aLTWeezy, yes they can do that, if you get on their bad said, I have seen and have a friend who had it done to them, had 15% on the front window of his mustang, and the cop stopped him at midnight for speeding, and went and got a razor blade and told him to do it.
they cant do that here in jersey, they just give a ticket and tell you to show up to court, eventually i would have to show with the tint off, or i would have a warrnant for unpaid ticket. any one from jersey had to go to court for this? if yes, can i just bring in an old pic of my car? (which has no tints anywhere) would the judge buy that?
Old 01-02-2006, 09:06 AM

My sister works at a dispatch for city police. I've done several ride arounds with the cops, and know some of them personally. They do have quotas, and most of them hate writing tickets, its alot of paperwork for them. I'd bet most of them don't go much over their quota. Anyway, sorry you got a ticket, but maybe you shouldn't have gone so dark, especially on the back window. And as far as the officer having his hand on his gun, Alot of cops do that, especially when they can't see through the rear window...... 15% on rear? looks cool, but its asking for trouble...... If I were you, I'd rip it off, go to court, and try something a little less dark.... just my opinion though.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 AM

Ricedout, that is what most people do. I dont know about NJ, but my friends who are tinters, that is what they recommend to everyone, or just find a car like yours and take a picture of it.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:50 PM

ifu have a friend or know anyone who is a doctor u can go and fill out a form from the dmv website and send it in. in about 4 weeks u will get a medical card in the mail stating what percent tints u can have and where u can have it. my medical card allows me to have 35% on my windshild and 20% on my side windows.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:05 AM

ifu have a friend or know anyone who is a doctor u can go and fill out a form from the dmv website and send it in. in about 4 weeks u will get a medical card in the mail stating what percent tints u can have and where u can have it. my medical card allows me to have 35% on my windshild and 20% on my side windows.
is that what you have? have you been pulled over alot in the area? i know plenty of doctors....
Old 01-03-2006, 09:53 AM

yes that is what i have. just have HIDs if u tint ur windshield 35%. the dmv might not make ur tint that dark on the form depending on what the dr says u have on the form.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:29 AM

so far I have had no need to get a doctors note. Most cops I have come across in Los Angeles pass me by without a second look. I have had my 35%tint in the front and 5% in the back for 2 years now without cop issues
Old 01-03-2006, 11:31 AM

That's a shame. I have my rear windows and front windows tinted and have never had any problems. I've been pulled over twice for speeding but cops never said anything about the tints.

I live in South Florida.

I'm not sure what % though... the dealer did it for me. How can I find out what % they are tinted?
Old 01-03-2006, 11:50 AM

get a light metering tool
Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ricedout
I've had 5% in the rear and 35% up front for 2 years now...I never got **** for them. Cops just stare at the angel eyes .
Old 01-03-2006, 01:07 PM

It's TINT, NOT TINTS

Quick Reply: ticket for my tints