General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need Help with ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 11:42 AM
Kal

A couple weeks ago on the way home from school i got a ticket goin 85 in a 60. He got me with lazer and have to to to court this tuesday but im gonna have to change it since im in school. Well the officer didnt ask for my insurance or registration. My full name is Kalpesh Ramesh Patel, but on the ticket he put Ramesh as my last name, and P. as my middle initial. and i heard one day from the list that if they have anything incorrect i can maybe win. All i want is not for it to go on my record and insurance go up. Anyone got any advice for me.
Thanks to everyone
Take care
-Kalpesh Patel
Old 06-08-2001, 11:44 AM

You might have a chance its true if they screw up then the judge wonders how accurate they are on the speeding ticket.
Old 06-08-2001, 11:49 AM
Got Bent?

I was just in court for a ticket also. It was for 82 in a 55. This was my first ticket ever. The cop was there, so I plead guilty. The ticket was originally for $135 and 2 points. I got it reduced to no points and $100 with the agreement that I would take a driver improvement class. If it is your first one, they may go easy on you like they did with me. No more speeding for me
Old 06-11-2001, 11:39 AM
Kal

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
I was just in court for a ticket also. It was for 82 in a 55. This was my first ticket ever. The cop was there, so I plead guilty. The ticket was originally for $135 and 2 points. I got it reduced to no points and $100 with the agreement that I would take a driver improvement class. If it is your first one, they may go easy on you like they did with me. No more speeding for me
Jus talked to the clerk at the court house and said my ticket is like 175. But i got the date changed to the 26th of june at 8 in the mornin and she said to talk to the judge to see if he'll put my on probation. well i looked at the ticket some more and realized that my whole name is incorect.theres no zip code filled in and my age isnt put in either. jus thought i would share that if it helps any. thanks
-Kalpesh
Old 06-11-2001, 12:25 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Shorten your name j/k. I think it's all luck. Some judges see an inccorect ticket as laziness on the police's part and drop the ticket. Some judges don't care if the ticket is wrong. You were speeding and you are guilty in thier minds.