General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Any one in Rochester NY know a place for an alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 05:04 AM

I just lowered my max and am looking for a place with experience in lowered cars to do my alignment. Please let me know, I don't want to drive the car like that (but I have to go to work) I need to do this on Monday!

Thanks a bunch,

Peace,

carlos@frontiernet.net
Old 06-10-2001, 06:16 AM

Yo man, i'm from Rochester too. I live in albany now, but I go there all the time. We should meet up. You can have it aligned at any shop. Check out Hoselton Nissan. Ask for Brian, and tell him Mike with the blue maxima sent you. He's a good guy. There's also a technician, Matt, who has a max that has a bunch of work done to it. You could ask for him too. They do a really good alignment.

Also, my email is ScreaminFast@hotmail.com

I'm coming home this coming weekend, so drop me a line, and we could meet up.
Old 06-10-2001, 07:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Carlos A
I just lowered my max and am looking for a place with experience in lowered cars to do my alignment. Please let me know, I don't want to drive the car like that (but I have to go to work) I need to do this on Monday!

Thanks a bunch,

Peace,

carlos@frontiernet.net
Carlos! when are we going to meet up and talk maximas? you should come and 1/4 your car sometime down at NYIRP.

I'm going to spectate an autocross today, either of you should show up if you have time:

Valeo is located at 1555 Lyell Ave., Rochester
The entrance to the site for participants will be via Alvanar Rd. off Lyell, just East of the Erie Canal and Rte. 390. There will be a spectator entrance (walk-in) at the second gate.

Registration - 8:00AM
Novice Meeting/Course Walk - 9:00AM
Drivers' Meeting - 9:30AM
First Car Off - approx. 10:00AM
Old 06-10-2001, 08:13 AM

Hey you guys t! (thank you) -->

Hey guys,

Thank you for the reply, I'll try Hoselton (I was worry about the aftermarket stuff but no sweat with these guys it seems).
We should meet and talk Max. I'll like to go to the Valeo area races, I am not sure if my car is up for doing some auto X (maybe I'll get something small for experimentation)
Are you guys going to the MAXUS?
I am planning on going, I think it is on the third or fourth week of July (isn't it?) We could meet with the Ontario boys and the NYC crue.
Let's keep emailing!

carlos@frontiernet.net

Peace,
Old 06-10-2001, 08:54 AM

Carlos.....mike from buffalo here.

Just take it to the dealer. I had Mike Barney Nissan here in Buffalo install my eibachs....ah yes...dealer mods. I had them do the alignment too.....no bigge for them.

I'm deff. down for a meet, rochester, buffalo, wherever.

Mike S.
Old 06-10-2001, 04:00 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Mike S.
Carlos.....mike from buffalo here.

Just take it to the dealer. I had Mike Barney Nissan here in Buffalo install my eibachs....ah yes...dealer mods. I had them do the alignment too.....no bigge for them.

I'm deff. down for a meet, rochester, buffalo, wherever.

Mike S.
Ew! I hate Mike Barney Nissan. Myself and my family have had countless problems with their service department. They seem to have an honesty problem.

Carlos, I took mine to the Firestone in Pittsford, because they were the first (and only) place in Rochester that I found that could mount tires on a 17X8 rim. I don't think the alignment was too much, and they did a fine job.
Old 06-10-2001, 04:01 PM

Hey guys you are allright -->

Who else is from the area?.

We could get together at Ellison Park for a picnic. Next week is my son's birthday (so I am booked) but after that ...
Lets see how big of a croud we can gather.
How about starting a sticky with the names (or call names) and email addresses for quick contacts?.

Peace,
Old 06-10-2001, 04:07 PM

Re: Hey guys you are allright -->

Originally posted by Carlos A
Who else is from the area?.

We could get together at Ellison Park for a picnic. Next week is my son's birthday (so I am booked) but after that ...
Lets see how big of a croud we can gather.
How about starting a sticky with the names (or call names) and email addresses for quick contacts?.

Peace,
I think we have just about everybody from western NY in this thread... I know that ejj5875 could care less about a meet, but if the rest of you want I'll see what the toronto guys are doing over the next month and maybe we can have a decent meet (maybe 15 maximas) in the Niagara falls area.

I'm planning on attending Maxus so we could get a caravan of people to start in Toronto and meet the rest of us in buffalo then head down from there.

we'll have to see what happens based on the interest I get back from you guys and my peeps in toronto...
Old 06-10-2001, 04:45 PM

Not so quick Aaron.

I think there are now 2 people other than me from UB....but I haven't met either. One guy has a 5th gen and is on the mailing list and one has a 4th gen and is on this forum. There is also Disel**^*&$% from Olean(near pa line), and a handful of toronto guys(3rd gens) but I'm not sure they will come here for a meet.

I went there 3 weekends ago. www.geocities.com/mikesmaxima

Mike S.

ps- I think will should meet up at one the SCCA autocross's with a whole bunch of max's. It would be more productive than just standing around at our cars for 4 hours. I however would have no intention of beating my auto on the course.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:02 PM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Hey guys you are allright -->

Originally posted by theblue

I think we have just about everybody from western NY in this thread... I know that ejj5875 could care less about a meet, but if the rest of you want I'll see what the toronto guys are doing over the next month and maybe we can have a decent meet (maybe 15 maximas) in the Niagara falls area.

Thanks! I am not anti-meet, but I don't feel the need to travel far for one. If there was one in the WNY area, I would most likely attend.

I agree with Mike though, if we are going to do something it should be at a track or something.

Aaron, have you seen the other two or so nice 4th gens at RIT? Are they on the org?
Old 06-10-2001, 06:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Hey guys you are allright -->

Originally posted by ejj5875

Thanks! I am not anti-meet, but I don't feel the need to travel far for one. If there was one in the WNY area, I would most likely attend.

I agree with Mike though, if we are going to do something it should be at a track or something.

Aaron, have you seen the other two or so nice 4th gens at RIT? Are they on the org?
I've seen em... but not this summer yet... i should tag them with a .org flyer or something