General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I30t mod recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 09:17 AM

Hey everyone, I just got a 98 I30t and I wanted to do some mods but Im pretty new to this whole thing so could yall recommend some things?
Old 06-11-2001, 11:18 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

All the bolt on pieces for the Maxima will fit the I30.
check out Stillen.com for all the parts you want...

Maximadave
Old 06-11-2001, 12:08 PM

errr

Originally posted by maximadave
All the bolt on pieces for the Maxima will fit the I30.
check out Stillen.com for all the parts you want...

Maximadave
dont buy stillen parts... and if you are, definetly do not purchase directly from stillen.com. Someone on the board will hook you up. But what kind of mods do you want?? performance wise to start out you could get an intake (CAI for better HP), definetly a y-pipe for awesome gains. A high flow Cat. converter, and a catback exhaust. If you have a 5-speed then a nice upgraded clutch would be nice. As far as show goes.. you're lucky to have an I30, alot of guys on her sell cefiero parts that look really nice. The stillen bodykit is also very nice looking. You're going to probably want some rims and a drop. Check out maximadriver.com for infomation on all those parts... I have H&R springs and Tokico shocks and i'm very happy with the setup. If you have any specific questions feel free to email or PM me. -Nine
Old 06-11-2001, 12:59 PM

Talk to I30CeFiRo or emax95. I30CeFiRo has a '96 I30t and emax95 has a '98 I30t and they both have done a lot of nice modifications to their cars.

Good Luck, and happy modding!
-Nick
Old 06-11-2001, 01:19 PM

email me....

Originally posted by black019
Hey everyone, I just got a 98 I30t and I wanted to do some mods but Im pretty new to this whole thing so could yall recommend some things?
where are you located at? I will email you some photos on CEFIRO parts that fits on the I30..

nismo@hacksrus.com

SY~
Old 06-11-2001, 01:27 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: errr

Originally posted by Nine7Max
dont buy stillen parts... and if you are, definetly do not purchase directly from stillen.com. Someone on the board will hook you up. But what kind of mods do you want?? performance wise to start out you could get an intake (CAI for better HP), definetly a y-pipe for awesome gains. A high flow Cat. converter, and a catback exhaust. If you have a 5-speed then a nice upgraded clutch would be nice. As far as show goes.. you're lucky to have an I30, alot of guys on her sell cefiero parts that look really nice. The stillen bodykit is also very nice looking. You're going to probably want some rims and a drop. Check out maximadriver.com for infomation on all those parts... I have H&R springs and Tokico shocks and i'm very happy with the setup. If you have any specific questions feel free to email or PM me. -Nine
Yup... I suggest the same... Unless you feel like getting jacked-off with the high markup prices that Stillen charges most of their customers and 'potential' poor customer service that Stillen is infamous for, I suggest take your money and go elsewhere... Need help on which companies that carry Maxima/I30 performance stuff? List them on here and we'll be glad to help you out.

These are just some add'l places I've personally purchased from... they are well known in the Maxima community.
For lowering suspension (springs/struts), try:
www.shox.com
For y-pipe, coilovers and other performance related products, try: www.cattmanperformance.com
Other reputable companies:
Avalon Racing (aftermarket performance parts)
Courtesy Nissan (OEM parts)

PS- Sycefiro is one of whom that carries i30 cosmetic mods...ie tail-lights, kickplates, alum bezels...etc.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:46 PM

Yes, DO NOT BUY FROM STEAL'N ahem, I mean Stillen.