General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

In Car Entertainment...Latest Mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 12:05 PM
PhatGuy

There will be lovers and there will be haters for sure. I want to Max my Max to the Max.

Well I've got the first in car VR system for my Max 2K1 AE done! It is the latest(the absolute latest) in Headmounted Personal Displays.

http://www.cwonline.com/index.asp

It has it's own displays which simulate a 45" screen....forget about those dinky 5"-7" ones. I have it interfaced to a PS2 with DVD remote as well. I'm a partner in the company that distributes them in North America. It is much better than the Sony Glasstron and has very clear crisp picture with super hi res 1.44million pixels. I'm working on interfacing 2-3 of them off one PS2 right now. Great for trips especially if you want personal video ie. **** for adults ... barney for the kids. The whole reason I bought the Max was to showcase Personal Displays etc.. I'm entering my car into shows so that is why I'm modding it out! Y-Pipe and Eibachs go on shortly! Also building a true in car Virtual Reality station ...immersive (with the headgear), full motion tracking, 3D control, Voice Recognition, and working on tactile force feedback for the seats. Sounds crazy?? It is!

<b>In car PS2/computer owners</b> where have you been installing your systems? Any tips or tricks? My system is removable in less than a minute and the glasses fold up (like big sunglasses). For the in car computer system we are working on I need true 3D power that a laptop can't do so I'm kinda stuck with a larger case. Feedback would be cool!

PS And "no" the driver cannot use this system....at least not while driving...an old school 5"-7" LCD will be installed somewhere in the front...again any feedback on this would be appreciated as well!

Old 06-12-2001, 12:14 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

A lot of times.....

having t.v.'s in the headrests are for the "look" more than actually using them. but thats a sweet product none the less!

"PS And no the driver cannot use this system...."
Old 06-12-2001, 12:32 PM

Sounds great, now if you really wanna be a trend setter....

What you can do is, ****** the reverse camera mounted on the trunk of the new Q45 and integrate it into one of those headsets. You're probably gonna need two though. Mount one on the front the other on the back and you could drive in vitrual reality. Plus if you yanked a night vision camera off of a Caddy you could have night vision in the glasses. Could you imagine the freaked out look other drivers would give you when you have those glasses on at night. Especially on some really dark highway. I know this sounds a little ludicrous but think about it for a second. It could be kinda hot.

Let me know if you need guinea pigs, a salesman, or more ideas. I'm all of the above.

Kevin
Old 06-12-2001, 12:37 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Sounds great, now if you really wanna be a trend setter....

Originally posted by 2ndMAX
What you can do is, ****** the reverse camera mounted on the trunk of the new Q45 and integrate it into one of those headsets. You're probably gonna need two though. Mount one on the front the other on the back and you could drive in vitrual reality. Plus if you yanked a night vision camera off of a Caddy you could have night vision in the glasses. Could you imagine the freaked out look other drivers would give you when you have those glasses on at night. Especially on some really dark highway. I know this sounds a little ludicrous but think about it for a second. It could be kinda hot.

Let me know if you need guinea pigs, a salesman, or more ideas. I'm all of the above.

Kevin
Wow those are cool ideas for sure! I will contact Nissan Canada and have a meeting with them. So far I have installed 3 one in my car 2k1 Max, 1999 540, and a Ferrari (don't know the model). Works best in luxury cars since the user can stretch out and relax plus how quite it is in cabin. The unit has it's own headphones but want to interface to the system somehow. FM Mod? Interface to the amp? I'm a computer/VR guy not really a car audio guy

Old 06-13-2001, 01:12 PM

how much for a max.org member????