General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

2 those with a MOMO shift knob ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 12:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did yours screw directly into the boot (I also have a MOMO boot)?

I have the Eleganza boot ... but my **** already has a silver "bolt" that the bottom of the **** screws in2 ... I don't understand / see how I can utilize this "bolt" ... is it just a waste of a piece of metal? I like it because it says MOMO right on it ....
Old 06-12-2001, 03:41 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

I have the Shadow but I think all MOMO ***** s/b about the same...

The MOMO does not screw onto the threaded top of the shifter... Instead, it(MOMO) is held on by 3 allen bolts/screws underneath the lower part of the MOMO ****. You also have to select and fit the proper sized rubber piece that came with the MOMO kit into the hole of the new ****.

I used wound some electical tape underneath the stock shifter boot to keep it very close to the new shift ****...
Old 06-12-2001, 05:08 PM

Chunger ...

do u have the Eleganza boot? Momo makes 2 universal boots ... the 1 mentioned above has threads so that the **** can bolt directly in2 it .. the 1 i originally received had a twist tie sort of thread as well as some velcro? it was weird ... I wish I had a digital camera ... ****

Originally posted by Chunger
I have the Shadow but I think all MOMO ***** s/b about the same...

The MOMO does not screw onto the threaded top of the shifter... Instead, it(MOMO) is held on by 3 allen bolts/screws underneath the lower part of the MOMO ****. You also have to select and fit the proper sized rubber piece that came with the MOMO kit into the hole of the new ****.

I used wound some electical tape underneath the stock shifter boot to keep it very close to the new shift ****...
Old 06-12-2001, 06:12 PM

boot

some momo boots have the threaded collar, some don't. you can use the boot collar or you could just use the cap that screws onto the ****. no biggy. personally i would use the boot collar. because it conects them together. i have the boot that uses a metal piece that attaches to the boot and the ****. if you don't like that one send it back and get another.
Old 06-12-2001, 06:56 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Re: Chunger ...

Originally posted by ohboiya
do u have the Eleganza boot? Momo makes 2 universal boots ... the 1 mentioned above has threads so that the **** can bolt directly in2 it .. the 1 i originally received had a twist tie sort of thread as well as some velcro? it was weird ... I wish I had a digital camera ... ****

I'm just using the stock shifter boot...