General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

:( I want my car back!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 06:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

OKay so the Nissan dealership was supposed to replace my rear main seal on the motor, as it was leaking oil, and the car only has 53,9k miles. So, I left it there at 7:30 am yesterday, and they neglected to fix it ... missing a part or something...so they made me use a rental car (they paid). But YUCK, what am I stuck with but a HORRID Chevy Malibu sedan! YUUUCKKK!!!! It is sooo uncomfortable, everything is in a stupid place, the seatbelt scratches me, it's slow, ugly, and it SQUEAKS! The car is brand new with like 20k miles and it SQUEAKS! BLAH! If they don't finish Max today I will be so sad. I would rather have had rides from friends...I was so embarassed to drive down Dixwell Ave last night to go to my mother's house....

Old 06-13-2001, 07:12 AM

that sucks....

Make's you realize how great of a car the Maxima is...Now if only the Service Dept could get their $%iT together owning a Max would be even better.

Hope you get your ride soon
Old 06-13-2001, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by Lime
OKay so the Nissan dealership was supposed to replace my rear main seal on the motor, as it was leaking oil, and the car only has 53,9k miles. So, I left it there at 7:30 am yesterday, and they neglected to fix it ... missing a part or something...so they made me use a rental car (they paid). But YUCK, what am I stuck with but a HORRID Chevy Malibu sedan! YUUUCKKK!!!! It is sooo uncomfortable, everything is in a stupid place, the seatbelt scratches me, it's slow, ugly, and it SQUEAKS! The car is brand new with like 20k miles and it SQUEAKS! BLAH! If they don't finish Max today I will be so sad. I would rather have had rides from friends...I was so embarassed to drive down Dixwell Ave last night to go to my mother's house....

you make it sound like your driving the biggest POS on earth.....
oh wait it's a domestic .. you're right
Still didn't you have some old Honduh b4 your max ?
so the malibu is still a step up from that ..

Ant
Old 06-13-2001, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The sad thing is, you probably got one of the better cars they rent. . . The Malibu isn't bad at all compared to some of the other cars avail. and is actually one of the more requested rentals that we get where I work.
Old 06-13-2001, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Ant why are you being mean to her?

is this because she is 1 vote behind you in the "Cutest North East Member Poll"?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=44171

Originally posted by Ant95se

you make it sound like your driving the biggest POS on earth.....
oh wait it's a domestic .. you're right
Still didn't you have some old Honduh b4 your max ?
so the malibu is still a step up from that ..

Ant
Old 06-13-2001, 09:29 AM
ejj

Oh! That isn't the half of it!

My car went to the collision shop on Monday of last week and I've been driving a 2001 Malibu since then.

First off, its automatic...which sucks! When I'm on the highway, I have to floor is a good three seconds before I really want the car to go. Its killing me!

It really is the worlds most uncomfortable car. The seats have NO support. Its like sitting on a wooden bench.

Since last Monday I've put 800 miles on the Malibu ( and had an ex-girlfriend throw up in it!) and I've hated every one of them.

Good news is I finially get my max back today after work!!

Can't wait!
Old 06-13-2001, 09:30 AM

ant: yeah I had a Honda, but it was a hand-me-down, so I couldn't complain (free!). Besides, it was comfier!

I am not cute.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
Ant why are you being mean to her?

is this because she is 1 vote behind you in the "Cutest North East Member Poll"?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=44171

Old 06-13-2001, 11:43 AM

ant: yeah I had a Honda, but it was a hand-me-down, so I couldn't complain (free!). Besides, it was comfier!

I am not cute.
i wasn't being mean ... free is always good

and if i were to fix all the leaks that my car has i'd prolly never drive it ..

Ant
Old 06-13-2001, 01:01 PM

bah! as far as I know that be the only leak (knocking on wood). As an update, there is some squeak in the rear right of the malibu, and the seal hasn't come in for my car yet, so I am going to get it back and drop it off tomorrow morning. No more scary malibu! They promised it would be done tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by ejj5875

Oh! That isn't the half of it!

My car went to the collision shop on Monday of last week and I've been driving a 2001 Malibu since then.

First off, its automatic...which sucks! When I'm on the highway, I have to floor is a good three seconds before I really want the car to go. Its killing me!

It really is the worlds most uncomfortable car. The seats have NO support. Its like sitting on a wooden bench.

Since last Monday I've put 800 miles on the Malibu ( and had an ex-girlfriend throw up in it!) and I've hated every one of them.

Good news is I finially get my max back today after work!!

Can't wait!
I want to see pics when its done.

Lime: you got it going on! I know Dmb thinks so.
Old 06-14-2001, 06:32 AM

LOL she threw up in the Malibu! The malibu I drove smelled like stupid CHERRY CLEANING CRAP...enough to make me almost throw up...yeah...it sucked. I left it there last nite, took my baby home (I hate leaving at the dealership..I know they go get lunch in my car or whatever), and dropped him off again this morning. SHould be done by 5, and then I have to find a way to get over there and pick him up! YAY!

I gotta change my sparks this weekend.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:15 AM
ejj

LOL she threw up in the Malibu! The malibu I drove smelled like stupid CHERRY CLEANING CRAP...enough to make me almost throw up...yeah...it sucked. I left it there last nite, took my baby home (I hate leaving at the dealership..I know they go get lunch in my car or whatever), and dropped him off again this morning. SHould be done by 5, and then I have to find a way to get over there and pick him up! YAY!

I gotta change my sparks this weekend.
Well, I would much rather have my Malibu smell like Cherry crap then drunken puke. It wasn't plesent for a couple of days.

I've never been so happy to have a rental car.

I got to race a I30 yesterday on the highway! Needless to say I got spanked. Thanks god!
Old 06-14-2001, 07:31 AM

Lime, you're way lucky that this happened now... only 6k miles left on the powertrain warranty. I have like 59.9k miles and I'm terrified of something breaking cause there's no way I can afford major repairs.

Hope everything goes well and you're out of the POS real soon.
Old 06-14-2001, 01:27 PM

weasel..they shouldn't have given it to me with tha tproblem though...they are punks.

ANYHOO, the saga continues...they are taking a DAMN long time. Now I have a white Corolla...better than a Malibu HAHA.