General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Sponsership

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sponsership

Hi, my name is Alvaro Sousa, I am From East Providence, RI and i wanted to know how i would go about getting my car sponsered. There is a strong maxima following here in RI, i see alot of young guys and gals who have maximas, but dont hook thm up like they do the honda's and mitsu's etc. I think that is because they dont know where to get parts, there are car meets in sams club parking lot every sunday in the summer, there are meets and the speed way in mass, there are car clubs like new england tunerz that are all over public acces tv, people spend money on there cars like crazy here, dunkin dounuts it like a virtual car show on the weekend nights, people are allways like were did you get that? how much? I know its a long shot but i figure what the hell might as well give it a shot let me know either way

thank you for your time,
al sousa
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm needing a caw

From where? maxima.org? Try 4x4 magazine.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
From where? maxima.org? Try 4x4 magazine.
no i mean by like redline max, vq power, etc something like that
Old 03-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm needing a caw

Can you detail why you deserve one vs everyone else? And why haven't you contacted them directly about getting one?

Originally Posted by ALSOUSA99MAXIMA
no i mean by like redline max, vq power, etc something like that
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Old 03-28-2006, 10:57 AM

Can you detail why you deserve one vs everyone else? And why haven't you contacted them directly about getting one?
Well ok here it goes i think i deserve one because i have had a 1991 maxima with crazy mods on it and sold it and bought a 1998 maxima, i had it painted porciln blue, stillen lip kit all around ,Milli Miglia Ravia 5 limo tint piaa fog lights, 7 inch lcd in dash, with jvc head unit cd/dvd/mp3, xbox, 2 tvs in head rest ae mod for the lights, coverted the cloth interior to black leather, and replaced the front seats with spraco racing seats rapped in black and blue lether, with the black i30 rear seats with the head rests, eathquake tremor12 inch woofers, 800W amp, crossovers etc. Short throw shifter, bremo brakes, tein techs, with the illuminas, front and rear sway bars and a monza ebay special exuast. ok and now for the sob story i have a sh*ty driving record so i can not afford to pay for full covarage, i mean i was paying 390 for liability when i had this maxima, so to make a long story short i brought it to boston last year for the world of wheels, when i left me my girl and b/f decided to get something to eat and when i came back out it was gone maxine was gone, i want to get started over but its kind of hard to to that when i dropped all of my hard erned money on a car that was stollen!! and when you only have liabilty you dont get theft insurance. well you herd my sob story so there you go what do you think? do i deserve it?

and i havent contacted them directly because i dont know how!!! i have never tried something like this, but thanx for asking why you think i deserve it over other people, but i do want to make it clear that i dont think i deserve it more than others, i am just trying to get sponsered.

thanks
al
Old 03-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm needing a caw

You have pics of this right? Because as far as I know Teins, Illuminias aren't available for 3-gens. I'd like to see pics of the "bremo brakes" also.

i have had a 1991 maxima with crazy mods on it and sold it and bought a 1998 maxima, bremo brakes, tein techs, with the illuminas, al
Old 03-28-2006, 11:04 AM

You have pics of this right? Because as far as I know Teins, Illuminias aren't available for 3-gens. I'd like to see pics of the "bremo brakes" also.
ok read the tread more carfully!!!!

Quote"Well ok here it goes i think i deserve one because i have had a 1991 maxima with crazy mods on it and sold it and bought a 1998 maxima" see that there 1998 maxima i dod not car to list the mods for the third gen, because nothing happend to that car, i SOLD IT!!!! the 1998 max got stollen ok..................try and read it again
Old 03-28-2006, 11:06 AM

Old 03-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Likes them corn fed

soo if the 4th gen is hooked up..what do you need sponsered
Old 03-28-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by TXT-1

i am sorry you feel this way, i just wanted my fellow org.'s to help me out and maybee give me some direction, but as far as i can tell this guy only wants to dog me, as far as i am concerend he is just a grumpy old man
Old 03-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Likes them corn fed

yeah that's what this forum seems to be..a bunch of veterans picking on people instead of helping out
Old 03-28-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by eckounltd287

can you guys please........ read the thred

quote" i have a sh*ty driving record so i can not afford to pay for full covarage, i mean i was paying 390 for liability when i had this maxima, so to make a long story short i brought it to boston last year for the world of wheels, when i left me my girl and b/f decided to get something to eat and when i came back out it was gone maxine was gone, i want to get started over but its kind of hard to to that when i dropped all of my hard erned money on a car that was stollen!! and when you only have liabilty you dont get theft insurance."

it was stollen
Old 03-28-2006, 11:11 AM

yeah that's what this forum seems to be..a bunch of veterans picking on people instead of helping out

i guess so!!! so much for a web community, its more like a bashing community
Old 03-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

in his post he states that one was stolen...he has a stock one now

and I know many companies that sponsor stock cars to use as a base to build/test/display new products.

for the threadstarter, as far as posintg and asking for a sponsorship, thats the worst way to go about things, you seem like you're begging and the last thing the head of a company would even consider in a sponsored owner/car....trust me I know.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
in his post he states that one was stolen...he has a stock one now

and I know many companies that sponsor stock cars to use as a base to build/test/display new products.

for the threadstarter, as far as posintg and asking for a sponsorship, thats the worst way to go about things, you seem like you're begging and the last thing the head of a company would even consider in a sponsored owner/car....trust me I know.

thank you!!! some positive feedback, i did not want to tell my story but this guy asked, as far as i am concerned its my problem that i did not have full covarage and drive like an a**, but i started this thread as a way to find out how to get sponsered can you please tell me how to go about doing that.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm needing a caw

Read more carefully? How about freakin' proper grammar? I wouldn't make the mistake if the grammar wasn't a 3rd grade teacher's nightmare.

ok read the tread more carfully!!!!

Quote"Well ok here it goes i think i deserve one because i have had a 1991 maxima with crazy mods on it and sold it and bought a 1998 maxima" see that there 1998 maxima i dod not car to list the mods for the third gen, because nothing happend to that car, i SOLD IT!!!! the 1998 max got stollen ok..................try and read it again
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm needing a caw

I'll sponser 2 months in a RIF program
Old 03-28-2006, 11:21 AM

Read more carefully? How about freakin' proper grammar? I wouldn't make the mistake if the grammar wasn't a 3rd grade teacher's nightmare.
ok boss, ummm ....................i dont feel like getting into a on line yelling fight with you, so i am just going to stop responding to your posts, also i am so so sorry that my grammer is not up to par, also why did you respond to this tread if you only wanted to pick a fight? and not help me, i asked for help not a grumpy old man. its not my fault you sold you max, and this is a maxima fourm as the name states maxima . org so please stop acting like you sh*t dosent stink thank you
Old 03-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

but i started this thread as a way to find out how to get sponsered can you please tell me how to go about doing that.
plain and simple....call and ask or email the company directly. treat it like you're applying for a job.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
plain and simple....call and ask or email the company directly. treat it like you're applying for a job.

thank you very much, should i put together some sort of resume, just call them? have you ever done something like this?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm needing a caw

!!

At least I'm not begging for handouts because someone got their car stolen. If you car was SOO HOOKED UP YO! and you spent so much $ on one. Why didn't spend any that mAd TyTe JDM $ on full coverage insurance?

Not my fault I sold my max?? That's right it's not your fault! FWD foreva

ok boss, ummm ....................i dont feel like getting into a on line yelling fight with you, so i am just going to stop responding to your posts, also i am so so sorry that my grammer is not up to par, also why did you respond to this tread if you only wanted to pick a fight? and not help me, i asked for help not a grumpy old man. its not my fault you sold you max, and this is a maxima fourm as the name states maxima . org so please stop acting like you sh*t dosent stink thank you
Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM

At least I'm not begging for handouts because someone got their car stolen. If you car was SOO HOOKED UP YO! and you spent so much $ on one. Why didn't spend any that mAd TyTe JDM $ on full coverage insurance?

Not my fault I sold my max?? That's right it's not your fault! FWD foreva
I am not a yo, ok and why are you still on this do you need attention??:attention :attention :attention please you are 38 years old aren’t you a little more mature than to pester a 23 year old man, sorry I didn't have full coverage dad! Seriously can you stop polluting this thread?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm needing a caw

Do you always try to flame the person with the microphone?

I had full coverage WAY befrore I was 23. So I suggest before begging for hookups, get full coverage. Because what are your "sponsers" going to say when they give you things and your car gets stolen again? Hmmmmm?????

: I am not a yo, ok and why are you still on this do you need attention??:attention :attention :attention please you are 38 years old aren’t you a little more mature than to pester a 23 year old man, sorry I didn't have full coverage dad! Seriously can you stop polluting this thread?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:58 AM

ok last time.........
1. I never begged for any hook ups
2. I am only flaming the person with the microphone because this person has some deep personal issuses, because he comes on this forum to insult people, i think it might be self estem issuses!!
3. i asked were can i get a sponsrship, i did not! say please please give me free parts, and as far as full covarge goes i have full covarge now because my car is in my fiances name now.
4. stop please, your only hurting yourself
your #1

Do you always try to flame the person with the microphone?

I had full coverage WAY befrore I was 23. So I suggest before begging for hookups, get full coverage. Because what are your "sponsers" going to say when they give you things and your car gets stolen again? Hmmmmm?????
Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm needing a caw

ok last time.........
1. I never begged for any hook ups
But you are begging for a sponsership correct?

2. I am only flaming the person with the microphone because this person has some deep personal issuses, because he comes on this forum to insult people, i think it might be self estem issuses!!
I feel great. Yourself?
3. i asked were can i get a sponsrship, i did not! say please please give me free parts,
Parts for cheap, parts for free, about the same. It IS your intention to get parts cheaper correct? If not, then exactly WHAT is your intention for sponsership?

and as far as full covarge goes i have full covarge now because my car is in my fiances name now.
Wonderful. At least SOMEONE in this relationship has some sense.

4. stop please, your only hurting yourself
Really? How? Like this?? You smoke weed and drive while drunk?

Here is an thought if you must smoke, smoke in your driveway, in your house, in the shed, dont smoke in your car, why would you do that? get pulled over, get your car impounded, go to jail, go to drug counciling class??? listin i am not going to preach to anyone who smokes cause i smoke, but remember this its illegal to be in possesion of mary j but its not illegal to smoke it!!! and as far as drinking and driving you guys love your cars but are willing to crash them, or lose you licence????? hey dont get me wrong i drink and then i get in my car and drive but there is no use in driving drunk or driving and drinking, take a cab, sleep it off wait a couple of hrs before u leave, be responsible, people die every day becuase of drunk drivers@!!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:31 PM

But you are begging for a sponsership correct?

I feel great. Yourself?

Parts for cheap, parts for free, about the same. It IS your intention to get parts cheaper correct? If not, then exactly WHAT is your intention for sponsership?

Wonderful. At least SOMEONE in this relationship has some sense.

Really? How? Like this?? You smoke weed and drive while drunk?
please stop taking things i say out of context, also your a staker, and you scare me, i said i smoke, omg i smoke like 80% of the population does, i dont smoke and drive!!! like i said smoke in you house , driveway etc. also i never said i get drunk and drive, i drink then drive there is a diffrence 4 beer in 3 hrs per say is not getting drunk for a 200 pound guy ok my best freind jake cook died in a drunk driving accident so for you to accuse me of drunk driving i say go get you face f*cked also i would not put a car in someones name untill i fully trusted them, now she is my fiance!!!so move on with you pa***ic life ok, o and i know i spelled a couple things wrong.
but i gtg i get out of work at 4 i need to go home to my woman
Old 03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Got Projectors?

Ahem. SponsOr.

Now that that bit of OCD is out of the way..

This forum isn't so much full of veterans picking on people as full of veterans sick of seeing the same questions asked over and over again with people making no effort to find out the information themselves. And we're not talking unique stuff...we're talking "What suspension should I get? What intake should I buy?" If you've been here two days you've already seen too many of those threads.

From what I've seen, people around here don't mind helping out folks who make an attempt to figure something out by themselves. It's when people come in asking to be spoon fed information rather than doing a bit of digging on their own that gets people a little fed up.

Case in point, this thread, I went to Google and typed in "how to get car sponsored" and in 1 second, I had almost all the information anyone would ever need.

For the OP, I'll save you the trouble:
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...en-US:official

My point, being...I don't think anyone around here minds helping anyone out. But at least take a stab at it (and at the very least present yourself in a semi-coherent manner) and then if you have questions post to clarify or find more information. The old adage goes, "Teach a man to fish..."
Old 03-28-2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Ahem. SponsOr.

Now that that bit of OCD is out of the way..

This forum isn't so much full of veterans picking on people as full of veterans sick of seeing the same questions asked over and over again with people making no effort to find out the information themselves. And we're not talking unique stuff...we're talking "What suspension should I get? What intake should I buy?" If you've been here two days you've already seen too many of those threads.

From what I've seen, people around here don't mind helping out folks who make an attempt to figure something out by themselves. It's when people come in asking to be spoon fed information rather than doing a bit of digging on their own that gets people a little fed up.

Case in point, this thread, I went to Google and typed in "how to get car sponsored" and in 1 second, I had almost all the information anyone would ever need.

For the OP, I'll save you the trouble:
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...en-US:official

My point, being...I don't think anyone around here minds helping anyone out. But at least take a stab at it (and at the very least present yourself in a semi-coherent manner) and then if you have questions post to clarify or find more information. The old adage goes, "Teach a man to fish..."

god bless you, i did not think of doing the google thing, thanks for the input and i will try to spell a little better and bye the way i see what you are saying about the same questions,thank you for telling me these things in a respectful manner
Old 03-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm needing a caw

And you assisted in what way again?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm needing a caw

Good luck in getting your car sponsEred. Odd. Someone with a stock 4-gen maxima is asking noobie questions about getting the hOok uPs on the sponserships yO, and I'm the one w/o a life? OK

I'm sorry that your best friend died because he was drunk? Or someone that was drunk hit him?

Your post specifically said, you drink, then drove. If you can't elaborate well enough to make your point clear, it's on you, not me.

please stop taking things i say out of context, also your a staker, and you scare me, i said i smoke, omg i smoke like 80% of the population does, i dont smoke and drive!!! like i said smoke in you house , driveway etc. also i never said i get drunk and drive, i drink then drive there is a diffrence 4 beer in 3 hrs per say is not getting drunk for a 200 pound guy ok my best freind jake cook died in a drunk driving accident so for you to accuse me of drunk driving i say go get you face f*cked also i would not put a car in someones name untill i fully trusted them, now she is my fiance!!!so move on with you pa***ic life ok, o and i know i spelled a couple things wrong.
but i gtg i get out of work at 4 i need to go home to my woman
Old 03-28-2006, 12:52 PM

me and my buddies are sponsored by kelly-springfield. they sent me a set of tires last year and a couple of weeks i'll be getting another set. you have to approach them in a professional way. contact the promotion or marketing dept and submit a list of mods, future mods, goals, and why you would be a valuable asset to their company.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by huyqvu
me and my buddies are sponsored by kelly-springfield. they sent me a set of tires last year and a couple of weeks i'll be getting another set. you have to approach them in a professional way. contact the promotion or marketing dept and submit a list of mods, future mods, goals, and why you would be a valuable asset to their company.
great, thank you
Old 03-28-2006, 12:58 PM

Good luck in getting your car sponsEred. Odd. Someone with a stock 4-gen maxima is asking noobie questions about getting the hOok uPs on the sponserships yO, and I'm the one w/o a life? OK

I'm sorry that your best friend died because he was drunk? Or someone that was drunk hit him?

Your post specifically said, you drink, then drove. If you can't elaborate well enough to make your point clear, it's on you, not me.

MetaOrbit
Google > Spoon-feeding

Car: 2002 Black Infiniti I35 Sport

Buyer/Seller Rating: (6

maybee you should let this guy know he is a newbie because he had been a member since 4/02
and he was hit by a drunk driver while jogging. also if you read threads fully we would not be having these problems.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm needing a caw

MetalOrbit was hit by a drunk driver?

How do you know what a noobie is/isn't? Mr.

PostsTotal Posts: 75 (2.56 posts per day)
Old 03-28-2006, 01:14 PM

MetalOrbit was hit by a drunk driver?

How do you know what a noobie is/isn't? Mr.
see what i mean there you go taking things out of context again!
no metalorbit did not get hit by a drunk driver my freind jake did.
and you said taking advice from a newbie, metalorbit is not a newbie. are you still reading?? or did you start you next comment already?

follow me on this one................
newbie = someone who is new.

MetalOrbit april 2002 , ok stick with me 2006-2002= 4 years = not a newbie

why are you such an angry person, were you picked on as a kid or something? because by looking at your other posts you seem like a smart person.
why? i am confused
Old 03-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm needing a caw

Look at this post and I'm supposed to gather that you are talking about two different people??????

MetaOrbit
Google > Spoon-feeding

Car: 2002 Black Infiniti I35 Sport

Buyer/Seller Rating: (6

maybee you should let this guy know he is a newbie because he had been a member since 4/02
and he was hit by a drunk driver while jogging. also if you read threads fully we would not be having these problems.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:23 PM

Look at this post and I'm supposed to gather that you are talking about two different people??????
don’t be dense, you knew what I was saying you new I was saying metalorbit was not a newbie, and answering you on weather my friend was driving drunk or got hit by a drunk driver. so stop please there is no need to impress or act tuff or debate people, you have wasted about 10 min of your life and my life debating about nothing, you must have been on a debate team or something, you have nothing to prove to me or any one on this forum, this could of all been avoided if you weren’t so eager to fight with someone
Old 03-28-2006, 01:25 PM

10charftl
Old 03-28-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by s0ber

10charftl
wahts 10charft mean??

Quick Reply: Sponsership