General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Can anyone recommend a good dealer near Buffalo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 07:40 PM

OK, here's what I'm planning on doing. I'm from Toronto and prices for the ACT clutch are crazy up here. There are much better deals on the internet for the clutch, but the shipping/duties/tax kill you when shipping to Canada. What I would like to do is buy the clutch over the internet and have it shipped to a good dealer in Buffalo. I would then drive to the dealer, have it installed, and drive home.

I know this is a lot of time, but what the hell - I'm on summer break and it would be a nice drive!

So if anyone could recommend a good dealer, or if you have connections at a certain dealership near Buffalo let me know!

Thanks
Old 06-18-2001, 09:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by black96se
OK, here's what I'm planning on doing. I'm from Toronto and prices for the ACT clutch are crazy up here. There are much better deals on the internet for the clutch, but the shipping/duties/tax kill you when shipping to Canada. What I would like to do is buy the clutch over the internet and have it shipped to a good dealer in Buffalo. I would then drive to the dealer, have it installed, and drive home.

I know this is a lot of time, but what the hell - I'm on summer break and it would be a nice drive!

So if anyone could recommend a good dealer, or if you have connections at a certain dealership near Buffalo let me know!

Thanks
if you drive down here you had better visit or come to the track with me (wednesday nights). Also, if you want to ship anything to my place, you are more than welcome.

later,

Aaron
Old 06-18-2001, 10:25 PM

Well there are 4 Nissan Dealers in the area. I'm from buffalo and have been to ALL of them for service.

Lockport Nissan
Autoplace Nissan
Southtowns Nissan
Mike Barney Nissan

I KNOW that the owner of Autoplace/Lockport has a stillen parts modded 300zx running at around 400hp. I also met the guy and know he didn't put this stuff on in the driveway.....his mechanics did. I'd say go to autoplace. Lie and say you live in B-low and that you just moved here. If they ask you why you have canadian plates tell em you haven't changed em yet. They also have the only Infiniti dealer in the area attached to the nissan part so they are by far the most perfessional service/dealer place.

Mike S.
Old 06-19-2001, 06:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yep, as posted, autoplace is cool. and in case u need a place to ship stuff to, u can send em to my place here in buffalo. if u need any help feel free to email me.

Ranjith