General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

VIDEO: sx7r vs. Loren and sx7r vs. Andi: From Andi's car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 05:11 PM

Ok, these were shot by my good friend Chris, who's a Supra fanatic and loves Maximas by simple association. He also has a 270RWHP Toyota Cressida...but that's a secret. Chris got some great footage because he was able to get it right where the action is. Thanks Andi for letting us tape from your car.

First video: Andi getting his Supra a wee bit sideways:
http://www.christurner.net/supra/andidrift.mpg

In the following videos, Andi's exhaust is the low note, sx7r's (Thomas') exhaust is the high note. Knowing this you can tell the shift points better. You can't hear Loren's exhaust, only his engine, which is too quiet for these exhausts :0).

LOREN vs SX7R:
First race...
http://www.christurner.net/supra/SCM...axima_run1.mpg
Second race (good one)...
http://www.christurner.net/supra/SCM...a_good_run.mpg
Third race, Andi chasing behind...
http://www.christurner.net/supra/SCM...raChaseCar.mpg

SX7R vs ANDI:
Excellent race...
http://www.christurner.net/supra/BPU...a_good_run.mpg

I think Loren was in the SX7R vs ANDI race too... but after 120 he's out anyway :0(.

ANDI vs LOREN vs Grand National Turbo:
Loren beat him, but the GN had 4 passengers...
http://www.christurner.net/supra/BPU...ndNational.mpg

Truely an awesome night.

-Kaleb
Old 06-19-2001, 05:53 PM
PhatGuy

Wicked

Nice videos for sure! When you guys were running the Grand National (too bad he had 3 passengers with him) was the Maxima running NOS? The Grand National would still beat a lot of crazy cars from 0-60 easily. But there are a lot of kids with baby bottles these days... I never have nor ever will run NOS cuz I'm not sure of all the after effects on the car ie. tranny, engine etc... 911TT off the showroom floor with gas pump gas is the way to go!

Old 06-19-2001, 05:56 PM

Re: Wicked

The Maxima you saw racing the Grand National is Loren's SC'd Maxima.

-Kaleb

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Nice videos for sure! When you guys were running the Grand National (too bad he had 3 passengers with him) was the Maxima running NOS? The Grand National would still beat a lot of crazy cars from 0-60 easily. But there are a lot of kids with baby bottles these days... I never have nor ever will run NOS cuz I'm not sure of all the after effects on the car ie. tranny, engine etc... 911TT off the showroom floor with gas pump gas is the way to go!
Old 06-19-2001, 06:33 PM

Wow, did YJ taped all those. Great job YJ! It was more enjoyable than the other ones on Thomas' car heh!
Old 06-19-2001, 06:35 PM

Hmmm, you don't read very thoroughly do you?

Originally posted by LoveSick
Wow, did YJ taped all those. Great job YJ! It was more enjoyable than the other ones on Thomas' car heh!
Old 06-19-2001, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by kaleb
Hmmm, you don't read very thoroughly do you?

Wow, I was told that YJ was in Andi's car.........

Isn't that Andi's supra?
Old 06-19-2001, 07:33 PM

holly freakin goodness that is an awesome maxima vs supra run. But what is a bpu supra, the only reasonable thing I can come up with is boost pressure upgrade am I close. Loren's car seems fast even if he did LOSE. Also do they make a blow off valve that will work on the supercharger that sounds that cool?
Old 06-19-2001, 08:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Great videos! The best by far, much better than the other videos that were up. The other videos weren't as clear as to who won, and too bouncy.

Is it just me, or the BOV sounded cool as heck?!

I'm impressed with sx7r hanging with the Supra like that.

Even though Loren didn't do so well, I still prefer to go the supercharger route. I'm sure his car was fast as heck, but those cars made his car look slow. That's not taking anything from Loren. I would love to get even close to that amount of power.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:30 PM

some of the best / clean videos that I have seen... very nice...
one question... what is the meaning behind the name "sx7r" ?
Old 06-19-2001, 08:47 PM

dang, that's some nice footage. did i really race Loren 3 times? i only remembered racing him twice, cuz i only have 2 of the races on my video camera.

LoveSick: the first set of videos were from YJ's car, he was following me and Loren in his car. These videos are from the guy taping from Andi's car.

infinitiblast: BPU = basic performance upgrades... intake, downpipe, boost controller, etc. Loren's got a blow off valve on his car too.

theblue: it's a secret.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:43 PM
MKIVSupraLover

Video Quality

I'm Chris, the lucky individual who was riding in Andi's Supra and taping the fun. I'm really crazy about Supras, and have probably every video out there plus tons of other non-supra videos. I've got at least 2 gigs of racing movies here and there, and have watched most more than once, so while recording I tried to do my best. Everybody should take a look at this awesome Supra drift video mkiv.com put up recently:
http://www.mkiv.com/videoarchive/avi...upra_short.mpg
It's just really cool :-)

In regards to what BPU means, although it's already been answered, here is a more in depth answer:
http://www.mkiv.com/faq/faqtt.html

-Chris

Old 06-19-2001, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick
First, special thanks to Chris on doing such a good job filming. Second, what happened to the commentary at the end of the run between Thomas and Andi. That was the best part.

The first posted videos were by YJ. These were from Chris in the passenger seat of Andi's car. YJ was taping at the same time, just way behind us trying to keep up One other thing that is hard to see is when I hit my speed limiter. At 120 mph, I am out of the game and I start slowing down. I hit it around 6000 rpms in 4th. Thomas doesn't have a limiter(but did hit the rev limiter in 5th gear against Andi), so he was on it a little longer.

Thomas, we did the first 2 runs back to back at 70. We ran, slowed down to 70 and ran again. After that, then you started slowing way down almost to a stop. I thought you were going to try to run from a stop. I accelrated up to get us back up to 40 where we did the 3rd run. You can tell it pretty easily, it was the only second gear run we did.

The "Grand National" was not a Grand National, but a Regal T-Type. I actually started late on the run. I didn't know he was going to run until he was already on the gas. The T-type is exactly the same mechanically as a GN, except for the all black paint scheme and a lower resale. He was running a one size bigger turbo with a larger intercooler and 16 psi of boost. He said he ran a 7.9 sec 1/8 mile time which would work out to around a 12.4 1/4 mile time(I assume with a good launch). I suspect we will run again with a more even passenger weight.

As far as the BOV goes, you can make it sound "cool". But, there is a problem. In a turbo car, the wastegate opens when you are not under WOT and relieves the pressure against the turbo. There by, the turbo spins less air and little goes through the BOV. With the SC, whenever I am not at heavy throttle, the BOV is venting the extra air from the SC. Try to image the sound of Andi's BOV going off all the time. I have a Blitz Super Sound BOV in my car, but I run a screen in it. The screen mutes the sound. Without the screen, it sounds similar to Andi's HKS BOV all the time. This is incredibly obnoxious.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by sx7r

theblue: it's a secret.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:21 AM

Dope videos! Much better view of the races. I bet the t-type was suprised!
Old 06-20-2001, 07:34 AM

Man, now those are nice video's. Good run guys. Makes me wanna drive up there, and have a few runs with you guys after I finish my stuff
Old 06-20-2001, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Loren00Miata

YJ was taping at the same time, just way behind us trying to keep up
Just wait
Old 06-20-2001, 01:14 PM
Administrator

with 2 PSI .. you better be racing YJ :;augh:

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX
Man, now those are nice video's. Good run guys. Makes me wanna drive up there, and have a few runs with you guys after I finish my stuff
Old 06-20-2001, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
with 2 PSI .. you better be racing YJ :;augh:

Don't worry.
Fastest auto 5th gen coming soon
Project YJ
Old 06-20-2001, 03:36 PM

Re: Video Quality

I remember watching that same supra drift on an OPTION video. I nearly came in my pants, as it looked so good......
I know it was #70..something

Originally posted by MKIVSupraLover
I'm Chris, the lucky individual who was riding in Andi's Supra and taping the fun. I'm really crazy about Supras, and have probably every video out there plus tons of other non-supra videos. I've got at least 2 gigs of racing movies here and there, and have watched most more than once, so while recording I tried to do my best. Everybody should take a look at this awesome Supra drift video mkiv.com put up recently:
http://www.mkiv.com/videoarchive/avi...upra_short.mpg
It's just really cool :-)

In regards to what BPU means, although it's already been answered, here is a more in depth answer:
http://www.mkiv.com/faq/faqtt.html

-Chris
Old 06-20-2001, 04:26 PM

Great videos!