General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NISSAN SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 02:52 PM

I took my car to the local nissan dealership to day to take a look at my sunroof. I'm almost postive that a small rock or something got jammed in the track preventing it from closing. On e side wanted to close but something seemed to be holding the other side back, so I took it in to have them fix it. Thinking that it would be a simple repair, they call me 6 hours later and tell me that a spring is broke and it would cost $1900.00 to repair because they would also have to replace the track they could not just do the spring. So then I start talking to them and I found out that they did not even take down the headliner. Seems to me like they are telling me a bunch of bulls@*t. What do you guys think?
Sorry I had to vent because this just pi$$ed me off!
Old 06-21-2001, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by SLICNIC
I took my car to the local nissan dealership to day to take a look at my sunroof. I'm almost postive that a small rock or something got jammed in the track preventing it from closing. On e side wanted to close but something seemed to be holding the other side back, so I took it in to have them fix it. Thinking that it would be a simple repair, they call me 6 hours later and tell me that a spring is broke and it would cost $1900.00 to repair because they would also have to replace the track they could not just do the spring. So then I start talking to them and I found out that they did not even take down the headliner. Seems to me like they are telling me a bunch of bulls@*t. What do you guys think?
Sorry I had to vent because this just pi$$ed me off!
Old 06-21-2001, 05:50 PM

BS

I am calling BS on this one! I can't believe that they think you are stupid enough to believe that!

I had the EXACT same thing happen to my 95Se. I took the headliner down and cleaned the sunroof up real good and then lubed it and it worked better than ever. I did manage to ruin the head liner and replaced it for about $50 out of another wrecked Maxima. They are stealing from you. Mine was dragging on one side and was making a god awful scape noise from the same side. 2 hours later it ws fixed!

Please,please,please at least try it before you spend that kind of cash!

SHUMAX
Old 06-21-2001, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Maxima Manual + Daniel B Martin + Maxima.org = No Dealership ripping you off

use it, praise it.. save up to 44%
Old 06-21-2001, 09:07 PM

My carpool mate had a very similar thing happen on his 5 series BMW. It was a little under a grand to have the dealership do the work. So I'd guess that # is way high considering the higher cost of BMW parts and the higher labor rate than my local Nissan dealerships.
Old 06-22-2001, 01:19 AM

It's pretty much accepted that most Nissan service departments rip their customers off, especially when it comes to refusing warranty work. I suggest in the future you take your car to a shop that specializes in Nissans. In fact, any shop that specializes in Japanese cars should be fine. In those shops you can get a chance to meet your mechanic and discuss any problems, unlike the Nissan dealer where you have to speak with the idiot service manager.

What did your dealer say when you told them they did not even take down the headliner? If that is needed to diagnose the problem, and if they did not do it, then take your business elsewhere.
Old 06-22-2001, 01:24 AM

i'd say they are trying to take your money

putting a sunroof in a car that doens't have one costs around $1200 including drilling into the roof, all the equipment, wiring, rollers, glass etc...if it will cost that much to fix, i'd say your sunroof is totaled and you may as well buy a new one for $1200
Old 06-22-2001, 04:13 AM

I'm going to pick up my car this morning, I could not pick it up yesterday because we had bad storms here. I'm going to take it home and take out the headliner myself and see if I can fix it myself or with a little help from maxima.org. I am going to bring up the fact that they did not drop the headliner to check the sunroofand see if I can get the $65 service charged waived.