General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

anyone travelled to Toronto, or know anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2001 | 12:16 AM

I work for a Hotel in Downtown Toronto (Colony Hotel), and when I was in the garage, there was this early 4th Gen. Max there with NY plates. It was sort of light purplish, or just beige, was kind of dark, or maybe I am seeing colours.
It had a shaved trunk, just a keyhole, (I must admit, anyone that wants to do this, DO IT, It looked VERY nice and mean), had clear front lenses, tint, and late 4th Gen. 5 star rims. It was also an SE I think, leather, fogs, etc. but no spoiler. Very nice car. Anyone know anyone that is in Toronto from NY on Friday, or for the weekend?
PS
It was an Auto :P
Old 06-23-2001 | 09:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Riot^
I work for a Hotel in Downtown Toronto (Colony Hotel), and when I was in the garage, there was this early 4th Gen. Max there with NY plates. It was sort of light purplish, or just beige, was kind of dark, or maybe I am seeing colours.
It had a shaved trunk, just a keyhole, (I must admit, anyone that wants to do this, DO IT, It looked VERY nice and mean), had clear front lenses, tint, and late 4th Gen. 5 star rims. It was also an SE I think, leather, fogs, etc. but no spoiler. Very nice car. Anyone know anyone that is in Toronto from NY on Friday, or for the weekend?
PS
It was an Auto :P
that would be me... i came there to get my exhaust and piping work done this weekend. got the hks instead of the greddy, and saved a bunch o money! next time i come we should prolly meet up or somethin' btw nice hotel

peace
Old 06-23-2001 | 10:05 PM
hukgwai

it's a small world after all
it's a small small world
Old 06-23-2001 | 10:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mechanic

that would be me... i came there to get my exhaust and piping work done this weekend. got the hks instead of the greddy, and saved a bunch o money! next time i come we should prolly meet up or somethin' btw nice hotel
peace
You didn't tell my you were going to TO. I would have emailed the crew up there and told them to meet up with you. Anyway, can't wait to get back to the track this wednesday to see how you do and if I can improve also. I got the hotel stuff sorted out and will fill you in later. I also have some good stories about the fast and furious after movie car meet that went down in rochester, very crazy.
Old 06-23-2001 | 10:09 PM

Originally posted by hukgwai
it's a small small world
shaat up huk
Old 06-23-2001 | 10:12 PM

hey aaron, it was a spot decision. next time i go i'll bzz u... yeah the piping is not in yet, but i'll probably get it done by wed... must say, the hks has a nice little drone to it, not too loud, not too quiet, just right well guess i'll see u on wed... later
Old 06-23-2001 | 10:18 PM

oh and btw i got my apex springs, should be getting kyb agx next week... hopefully b4 maxus! couple of friends and i saw f&f in toronto, damn there was a lotsa cars just drivin around! ahhh... cars, chicks, alcohol... perfect start to the weekend!
Old 06-24-2001 | 12:45 AM

Damn, it IS a F*&^% small world :)

peace
Next time you come down, e-mail me, I'll get you a GREAT discount on a good room! If you guys plan to come down the whole group, I'll work something out with my boss!
I wanted to track the plate number through a Hotel registry, but it was like 1am when I saw the car, it would have been very rude to wake you up at that time

I'm still shocked at how SMALL this world is!!!

PS
Great car, it looked kinda weird with the 5star SE rims on it, but it was nice still! Lower it! But nice, Very nice, Love the colour especially!

Ciao
Old 06-24-2001 | 09:15 AM

Muahhahahahahahahha ... Hey HUKGWAI ... I love your Screen NAME! hahahahahah Too Funny!

Who R U buddy??? where ya from???

Originally posted by hukgwai
it's a small small world
Old 06-24-2001 | 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Empz
Muahhahahahahahahha ... Hey HUKGWAI ... I love your Screen NAME! hahahahahah Too Funny!

Who R U buddy??? where ya from???

he's my bud from here in buffalo
Old 06-24-2001 | 12:16 PM

Re: Damn, it IS a F*&^% small world :)

I'll get you a GREAT discount on a good room!
Hey Riot,

How good of a deal? I may occasionally need 2 get a room quickly but I find the King Eddie & Royal York is a little rich even with a corporate discount!

Tkx & u can e-mail me ...
Old 06-24-2001 | 08:20 PM

hehe ... is he Chinese?? Or is he really a "HUKGWAI"???

he's my bud from here in buffalo
Old 06-25-2001 | 06:12 AM

Originally posted by Empz
hehe ... is he Chinese?? Or is he really a "HUKGWAI"???

wut do u think?
Old 06-25-2001 | 07:30 AM

Riot^

I'll be in Toronto next weekend, July 6th-8th, visiting my good friend in North York. So watch out for a black max with Massachusetts plates
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:16 PM

I live in North York

Hey, I live in North York, are you comming to Visit me?
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:22 PM

Re: I live in North York

Hey, I live in North York, are you comming to Visit me?
Really? Well, I'm visiting my good female friend but I'm up for a mini meet
I'll arive to Toronto either Thursday night or Friday afternoon. It'd be cool to meet a maxima enthusiast from another coutry...hehe
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:56 PM

Re: Re: I live in North York

Originally posted by AndyXXL

Really? Well, I'm visiting my good female friend but I'm up for a mini meet
I'll arive to Toronto either Thursday night or Friday afternoon. It'd be cool to meet a maxima enthusiast from another coutry...hehe
good friend... Haha (Booty Call)
Definatelly I am up for a mini meet, evening only, I'll be working 'till 4-5, so any time after 6is good.
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: I live in North York

Definatelly I am up for a mini meet, evening only, I'll be working 'till 4-5, so any time after 6is good.

i'm up 4 a mini-meet ... set it up & i'll post on my site!!!! maybe daniel who the SC will show!
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:07 PM

Friday

Friday at 7pm at Yorkdale Plaza?
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: I live in North York

haha, I had a crash on her 2 years ago, but I got a gf now and she got a bf, soooo.....nothing's gonna happen.
Dude, send me a private message with your phone # so I'll be able can get in touch with you there.
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:12 PM

Re: Friday

Friday at 7pm at Yorkdale Plaza?
I'm up for 7 p.m. at Yorkdale Mall

don't want 2 confuse our guest!

we gotta determine what the response is going 2 b b4 I post ... Nathan u around?
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:48 PM

Re: Re: Friday

Originally posted by ohboiya

we gotta determine what the response is going 2 b b4 I post ... Nathan u around?
Speaking of Nathan. I'm painting my calipers today with FoliaTech paint I got from him. Nathan, you should show up if you wanna see how my calipers will look like.
Old 06-25-2001 | 02:36 PM

How about during the week sometime? I am here for 3 more weeks.

Also can anyone recommend a car wash place downtown (bloor and St George (U of T).
Old 06-25-2001 | 05:15 PM

Re: Re: Friday

Originally posted by ohboiya

Did someone call? How many guys do we have for this mini meet so far? I'll try to make it down on Friday but I can't promise. Eugene, if you want, I can post a message on my website about the meet. Send me an email with the date, time, and location to: stricklymaximas@hotmail.com

btw, if I'm not there, can you take some pictures especially of Andy's new painted calipers? Later,

Nathan
Old 06-26-2001 | 03:24 PM

hmm

As much as we will try to accomodate everyone, it is impossible to set a time when EVERYONE will be available.
AndyXXL is comming to Town, and I think I am gonna meet up with him on Friday, or sometime. ANYONE is more than welcome to join up with us. This is a real Mini meet. Just chilling and meeting other Maxaholics

Just to remind you all, on the 7,8th of July there is a Darknights show at Markham Fair Grounds. Last year I worked there and it was Craaaazy! I think we should all go down there! Most likely I am working there again, and you guys shouls all come. They have Type R club that comes in, etc. so why not have a Maxima club come in. there are cars there from all over the country and states. And all these companies have great deals. I'll be there for sure!
(I don't work for them directly, I work Security there, and in no way or form benefit from the turnout of the crowd)

As for the toronto meet, I am just waiting for AndyXXL to give me a call when he comes in, then we'll have something going.

e-mail me for any info or anything else.
Old 06-26-2001 | 04:59 PM

I was thinking about having all the Maxima people goto Dark Nights together. That would rock! I think Grant <fivelitrekiller> is entering his car in the competition, not sure though.

Anyway let me know whats up. I may even be able to make it on Friday.
Old 06-26-2001 | 05:06 PM

Riot^

Man, I just wanna make sure we are talking about Friday, July 6th, that's when I'll be in Toronto.
Old 06-26-2001 | 05:08 PM
a33

where do you guys wanna meet
yorkdale?
when i really want to do this now
i am so excited
Old 06-26-2001 | 06:40 PM

Re: Riot^

Originally posted by AndyXXL
Man, I just wanna make sure we are talking about Friday, July 6th, that's when I'll be in Toronto.
LOL

Oooh, I thought it was THIS Friday!
HAHA, that's ok, you got my number, call me when you get in. Shouldn't be a problem.
In that case we got some time to get a mini meet going.
Old 06-26-2001 | 06:44 PM

July 6

July 6th we can all meet sometime in the Evening at Yorkdale Mall, then perhaps we can jet down to races, check out all the Honduhs
That'd be nice, having all the Maximas drive in at the same time.

So what do all you people say about July 6th, at Yorkdale Mall, beside THE BAY @ around 9pm!?

This gives people a notice and time to clear the schedule?

(Wow, I feel so special, sort of orgonizing a little meet)
*giggle*
Old 06-26-2001 | 07:12 PM

I'm down for the meet!!!

Hey guys, I'm down for the meet on the weekend of darknights. That would be phat to have all the maximas going down to Darknights all together. Do you want to meet at Yorkdale? How about Scarborough town center (I live 10 minutes from there). Or everyone that lives in the west end could meet up at Yorkdale and people in the east at Scarborough town. Let me know what the plan is.

btw, I'm sending an email to everyone in the Tormax club about the meet.
My email address is: stricklymaximas@hotmail.com
Old 06-26-2001 | 10:02 PM

Re: I'm down for the meet!!!

Cool, finally I'll see the mysterious Maxima ES with my own eyes
Old 06-26-2001 | 10:09 PM

Re: I'm down for the meet!!!

Originally posted by Nathan
Hey guys, I'm down for the meet on the weekend of darknights. That would be phat to have all the maximas going down to Darknights all together. Do you want to meet at Yorkdale? How about Scarborough town center (I live 10 minutes from there). Or everyone that lives in the west end could meet up at Yorkdale and people in the east at Scarborough town. Let me know what the plan is.

btw, I'm sending an email to everyone in the Tormax club about the meet.
My email address is: stricklymaximas@hotmail.com
I'd rather have an all out meet, not the West side and the East side crap
Let's just set a place and date and that's it!

The reason I think we should do it at Yorkdale, it's beside a major highway, and a focal point for many people. I have no probs with Scarborough, but I don't think it is that good of a location for the people in the West End. Yorkdale just seems like the middle, a neutral territory in a way. It's a great location and very easy to get to.

July 6th, is perfect! (EVENING)
Old 06-27-2001 | 12:23 AM

dark nights eh!? hmm.. should I..
Old 06-27-2001 | 03:26 AM

Originally posted by theblue
Yes u SHOULD!
Old 06-27-2001 | 05:05 AM

Maxima ES's, we have tons of them in Quebec. Must be for Edition Sport!
Old 06-27-2001 | 06:46 AM

It would be rude not to!

G
Old 06-27-2001 | 10:42 AM

Originally posted by fivelitrekiller

It would be rude not to!

G

ok... somebody give me a link or more info... is this a one day event or two... I'm not paying for a hotel up there ('cause I just booked one for maxus). Grant, are you entering. maybe we can have a dark maxima section! give me more info and I'll think about it... also, you guys better be driving down to maxus with me
Old 06-27-2001 | 10:56 AM

ok... somebody give me a link or more info... is this a one day event or two... I'm not paying for a hotel up there ('cause I just booked one for maxus). Grant, are you entering. maybe we can have a dark maxima section! give me more info and I'll think about it... also, you guys better be driving down to maxus with me

Aaron, I'm definitely showing my car in Dark Nights. Now, if you want to come with me and enter yours aswell, we can go together. I'm not too sure on the dates and times, so I don't want to give you incorrect 411, but it's usually a weekend show...being saturday and sunday. I'll probably go whichever day is good for you...unless you plan on staying the weekend and showing it both days....therefore it wouldn't matter. So, the ball is in your court...but you should seriously come buddy...there's plenty O chicks and cars...the best combo in life! lol

stay kool,

G
Old 06-27-2001 | 11:25 AM

Originally posted by fivelitrekiller

Aaron, I'm definitely showing my car in Dark Nights. Now, if you want to come with me and enter yours aswell, we can go together. I'm not too sure on the dates and times, so I don't want to give you incorrect 411, but it's usually a weekend show...being saturday and sunday. I'll probably go whichever day is good for you...unless you plan on staying the weekend and showing it both days....therefore it wouldn't matter. So, the ball is in your court...but you should seriously come buddy...there's plenty O chicks and cars...the best combo in life! lol

stay kool,

G
ok grant, your mission is to find out more info and get back to me.

Quick Reply: anyone travelled to Toronto, or know anyone??