General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

"Racist Cop" threads.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:11 PM
retired moderator

"Racist Cop" threads.....

At least once a week it seems that someone posts a thread in the open forums saying "this white cop did this or that to me" or "pulled me over" or "tried to bust me" just because I'm (black, asian, etc)....

The typical thread (exaggerating, of course):
"I was going 80mph in a 45 zone with limo black tint on my car and a super-loud exhaust, running over small children along the way. Cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket. He was only doning it because he saw that I was black/asian/hispanic/etc......"

I will be the first to admit that there are police out there that probably profile or have certain tendencies vis-a-vis black drivers vs. white drivers vs. asian drivers, etc. But it is ridiculous that threads are allowed on here accusing anyone of being racist and starting discussions like this where someone's race comes into play one way or the other. These discussions do nothing but promote reverse-racism or promote the theory that all white cops (or white people) are racists - which is entirely untrue.

Can we just have discussion of cars, driving, etc without bringing RACE into it? At least in the open forums....

If you are p1ssed that you got pulled over for speeding or whatever, just say "the cop was a jerk," and leave race out of it.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:17 PM

agreed. I mean cmon...if you have tints on your windows or a car that looks hooked up. Cops wanna find a reason to give you a ticket. They gotta make Qouta too, prob jus wasnt your lucky day. When i had my old max with 20% tints i got pulled over 3 times and none of them was for the tints, it just attracted them. New max has NO tints and i havent gotten pulled over ONCE. mind you i travel the same exact routes daily.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

examples of such threads???
Old 08-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I R The Law

i agree you with irish, for the years that ive been here, ive seen a couple threads bashing cops for being "racist" and it really needs to stop
Old 08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by SuperChris
do you really need to ask that? you already posted in the thread.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=486927

that guy even started a poll
Old 08-14-2006, 07:54 PM
retired moderator

comeon Chris, you posted in one in the DC forum TODAY.

And no, I was NOT referring to your situation last year.....in that case, you were clearly wronged by the police....whether on account of race, age, speed, or whatever I cannot comment on.....I'm talking about the guys who get pulled over for anything and somehow it's always the cop's fault for profiling or whatever.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

Originally Posted by irish44j
comeon Chris, you posted in one in the DC forum TODAY.

And no, I was NOT referring to your situation last year.....in that case, you were clearly wronged by the police....whether on account of race, age, speed, or whatever I cannot comment on.....I'm talking about the guys who get pulled over for anything and somehow it's always the cop's fault for profiling or whatever.
just making sure we're both referring to the same thing.

and, uh, nothing happened to me last year dude...somebody else maybe?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 AM
retired moderator

just making sure we're both referring to the same thing.

and, uh, nothing happened to me last year dude...somebody else maybe?
maybe it was 2 years ago ....but IIRC you didn't call them racist or anything else....and I applauded you then and now for the way you handled it, even though you got screwed in the whole ordeal. That's the way things should be handled, not by calling names and making accusations.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Cletus

dam racist cops
the chick cop that pulled me over is sexist!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Boss Chen Industries

What happens if an asian cop pulls me over. I have the right to call racism, right?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

Originally Posted by irish44j
maybe it was 2 years ago ....but IIRC you didn't call them racist or anything else....and I applauded you then and now for the way you handled it, even though you got screwed in the whole ordeal. That's the way things should be handled, not by calling names and making accusations.
i never had a beef with the trooper UNTIL he lied in court...TWICE! i was speeding, i got caught, period. what happened after that had more to do with over-zealous prosecutor & trooper than anything else.

but my point to u is that not every "cops suck" thread is to be summarily dismissed as crap. a little dialog is helpful to weed out the dum-dums from those who may actually have a legit beef with law enforcement. anything is possible out there, when human beings are dealing with human beings...both sides are fallable (sp?).
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Cletus

cops have a job to do...dont be pissed at them when YOU give them a reason (and right) to do their job
Old 08-15-2006, 03:25 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

the racist card seems like one of those things used to distract away from the fact that the person was probably breaking the law and got caught. Don't be a heatbag and don't worry about it.

Have to admit though.. there are a lot of racist cops out there, no doubt. I can totally see profiling as an active protocol in some jurisdictions.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:50 PM
retired moderator

i never had a beef with the trooper UNTIL he lied in court...TWICE! i was speeding, i got caught, period. what happened after that had more to do with over-zealous prosecutor & trooper than anything else.

but my point to u is that not every "cops suck" thread is to be summarily dismissed as crap. a little dialog is helpful to weed out the dum-dums from those who may actually have a legit beef with law enforcement. anything is possible out there, when human beings are dealing with human beings...both sides are fallable (sp?).
true....though if they have a legit beef, they should take it to a lawyer. I don't think the org can do anything about his beef

Originally Posted by Larrio
What happens if an asian cop pulls me over. I have the right to call racism, right?
Only if he's Chinese
Old 08-15-2006, 06:12 PM

i'm white and every cop i've gotten a ticket from is white too. I would have thought it was racist if the one guy excused me for going double the speed limit.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:17 AM
"and falling like a rock"

Tint + (ricer tip)^2 + odd behavior = Ticket

Only drive like an a$$ when you know the areas that cops travel, even then, expect a free radical cop to be waiting for you at some point...

O and cops don't just profile black/Asian/whatever they profile whites too, if they have any of the above equation going on ^^^^^^
Old 08-16-2006, 04:30 AM

When one falters it is very easy to displace blame.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Larrio Motors
The only group who can never claim anything are single white males under 40.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Kevlo for President

I got a ticket for going 5 over on the interstate when I was driving the Infiniti.

I got a ticket when we bought the Mazda6(paper plates still) saying I got caught by a helicopter.

Both troopers were white and were aholes. Daye all think ima terrorist

Kill Whitey!(Farley voice)

Yet most of the local cops are cool with the brown
Old 08-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Boss Chen Industries

now we need a thread on why women seem to get off tickets so easily. stupid cops.....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 AM

yeh i use to think cops were racist, till i realized i just had a fast car,lol.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:57 AM
"and falling like a rock"

^^^^exactly

thats why I dont get tickets anymore in my craptastic 89 maxima....
Old 08-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

I got more tickets in my old, white Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme than in my max. Neither had tints, but in my Olds, I got a ticket for going 5 over! And the cop was white! Oh, and in college, I got one for going 3 over. No kidding! I fought it in court and won, but still....

Oh, and did I mention that I'm white as well? Damn cracka-cops and their cracka-hatin'!

Look, it has more to do with age, time of day (3am?), location and what the car looks like than what color you are.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:23 PM

I just got a ticket sunday. I was doing 62 in a 45.... I have 20% tint all around, but luckily TN cops don't care about that stuff. The cop asked how I was doing, I told him, "I was better." Then he told me I was doing 62 and he got me on moving radar. I just said, "Yes sir." He gave me a ticket and told me to be safe. He didn't hardly talk to me at all. He did, however, circle my age on the ticket which upset me a little. It was like that was all he looked at. I was in the wrong, I owned up to it, and I didn't catch any crap from the cop because of it. I just got a $90 ticket that I deserved. If you want cops to not be jerks, then treat them with respect.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:52 PM

You people have to realize that cops are individuals like you and me. In most cases peolpe are not honest enough to admit to there wrong doing, they use racial profiling as a way to excuse there wrong doings. I'm black, and I pull over all different kind of race and yes you do run into those people who say ''oh cause I'm black" or "oh cause I'm white" but if an officer gives you good reason why you are being pulled over and you know your wrong keep the racial comments to your self.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:04 PM
wat

Its obvioulsy racism when the black cop who pulled me over gave me no problems and let me off with a warning.
BUT when i get pulled over by a redneck cop he harrasses me, asks if the 2.0 vw engine sitting in the back of the truck was stolen, calls my parents asking if they know where i am (which they do) and my friend who was with me has a speech problem so the cop thought he was drunk/high and he wanted to search my truck and all this crap, he even did a background check for warrents or watever for us... WTF? His reason for pulling me over was because i was "riding the line." I go away with a warning and 2 hours waisted, it must be because i look white(im asian) and i have a white friend on friday night.