General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MaximaGirl On FUSE TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
You pay for A/C and alignments?

Those tools right there are less than the cost of one A/C job and 4 wheel alignment.
Where did you get the alingment tools from and what are they called???
Old 08-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by crazy97
Where did you get the alingment tools from and what are they called???

It doesnt really matter if you dont know how to use them
Old 08-22-2006, 05:41 PM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=Metal Maxima]

Now that your ride is completed and looking hot, its time for you to enter some shows where you will get recognition for your hard work. Even if you don't win anything its the ppl's comments that count. Go out there and show your stuff.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Pay to Play

This is thread is crazy funny
Old 08-22-2006, 05:55 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
Alright, well, if they are 'all about' LEDs, I am going to write them an e-mail, show them pics of my car, THEN see what happens.

IBIdon'tevengetareply
Dan, you don't have LED washer nozzles, so I'm afraid you don't qualify
Old 08-22-2006, 06:14 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by Stillen Maxima
This is thread is crazy funny

when you say funny, you mean stupid....
Old 08-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Blown

Originally Posted by irish44j
Don't even try to tell me that you wouldn't flame her if she looked like GBAUER or something
OMG...hahahahahha. How do you put a quote in your sig?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Droppin logs

Originally Posted by ajcool2
Wheres a cookie when you need one.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

This thread is now here...

Old 08-23-2006, 10:16 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

shes seriously hot, though.

Damn whos got her myspace link LOL
Old 08-23-2006, 10:53 AM

Give her hell or give her aids!!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 AM

Let me start off by clearing a few misconception about Brooke. I was Brooke's boyfriend for almost four years and I can honestly tell you guys that almost everythings that she owns was bought by her own hard earn cash. She goes to school almost full time, pays for her own rent and cars, and work a ton, so NO she wasn't spoiled by her dad or anyone. Her passion to build and show maximas started about four years ago, she worked 3 jobs and did a lot of overtime so she can afford to have nice things espeacially stuff for the maximas, **** i remembered asking her what she wanted for christmas and she would always say "help pitch in for car parts and tools would be great". Brooke's really does like to work underneath the hood just like you and i, yeah there might be times when she needed help and didn't exactly know whats she's doing or the parts is too heavy but she asked questions and helped none the less. I clearly remember her sending out portfolios for sponsorship without a picture of herself because she didn't want any of the **** talking. By the time she got sponsored the cars were mostly done anyways and she got it based on the cars not her looks. There is a few members on this thread that i'm sure she has spoken to either in person or emails, if anyone has ever met or talked to Brooke you would feel ashamed for saying she doesn't deserved her recognitions. Hurry up finished your cars and meet up with Brooke at a car show, if you wanted to go drag racing, show, or scca she is mostly likely be in the next car over lining up with ya. You would honestly see she is the coolest most down to earth girl you'll ever meet. She passion for maxima is a great part of her life and the people she meet through forums or shows usually become life long friends. So please don't judge her by her looks(HOT)! She really proud to be a part of max community so show her some respect and love she shown you guys. P.S. Fuse called Brooke for the segement when they found her on cardomain and asked her to be in it. she never contacted Fuse first.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:12 AM
dot dot dot ...

Well how about that.... ^^^^
Old 08-23-2006, 11:18 AM
VE Powah!!!

Ya, everyone in this thread, should just cool it a bit, & just give her some props. There's no reason to just shoot her down like this.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:19 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

so.......how was it? what, we were all thinking it.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
I hate to say it, but 90% of the people out there could give a rat's *** how a car performs, and they're more focused on the bling factor and how the car looks. They don't care who put in the wrench time, or how well it can corner, but instead they care about unique paint jobs, putting 19 screens on the interior, and having huge chrome wheels. .
those people at least have the option of making it fast, other than an engine swap, i'm assed out . But I still love my car for the little pep its got.
I wholeheartedly agree with what metalmaxima, irish44 and others have said, that is why everything I do to my car (with the exception of electrical stuff which I am totally inept at, nearly burned down a car once) is a project with me and my father working on it. IF brooke did some of the work, then props to her. If not, then to what has already been said.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by ballinontwins
She really proud to be a part of max community so show her some respect and love she shown you guys.
She passion for maxima
Let's get one thing straight: a starter of a meager 13 new threads and some 6xx posts in which nearly EVERY SINGLE POST involved in a meet/sale/WTB/or Calendar thread in 3 years, I fail to see how she's helped ANYONE in the Max community grow OR learn. If she knew as much as you claim she does, she'd be tearing up the forum akin to the likes of Jeff, Ben, Josh and the like. SHE'S NOT.

I am not contesting her passion for Maximas, nor her enthusiasm. I am contesting once again that there are those far more deserving. I would sooner hold high the innovators, pioneers, mechanics, and educators.

PS - I recieved her PM and will provide due recourse this evening.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:24 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

Yes there are people more deserving, but i dont think its her fault if they approached her. I say good for her, good for the max, rock on.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:05 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

Seems more like just her good luck that they found her. Could have happened to anyone. I'm sure the "hot girl" aspect didn't hurt, but it doesn't sound like that's all the decision was based on.

If you want recognition, go out there and grab it. Put a portfolio together and learn to market yourself.

Also, if she is heavily sponsored, I wouldn't doubt it if her sponsors did a little legwork and put her name out there either.. she wins, and they win by getting media attention for their company..
Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM
the org...not what it was

Originally Posted by scubasteve
Yes there are people more deserving, but i dont think its her fault if they approached her. I say good for her, good for the max, rock on.
That isn't really the example I personally would like to see set for the max, I mean I think what she's done is good for her and yeah would attract sponsors but honestly i'd like to see more the following as a respresentation of The Maxima

Old 08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
the org...not what it was

and...

Old 08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

personally i like her maximas. They stand out. So it doesnt follow the "lines" exactly, isnt part of the point of customizing to be different?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:36 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Some FINE lookin' Maximas there...
Old 08-23-2006, 01:44 PM

Let's get one thing straight: a starter of a meager 13 new threads and some 6xx posts in which nearly EVERY SINGLE POST involved in a meet/sale/WTB/or Calendar thread in 3 years, I fail to see how she's helped ANYONE in the Max community grow OR learn. If she knew as much as you claim she does, she'd be tearing up the forum akin to the likes of Jeff, Ben, Josh and the like. SHE'S NOT.

I am not contesting her passion for Maximas, nor her enthusiasm. I am contesting once again that there are those far more deserving. I would sooner hold high the innovators, pioneers, mechanics, and educators.

PS - I recieved her PM and will provide due recourse this evening.

so because she doesn't have enough post counts on maxima.org, that makes her worthless?? give me a break....you know as well as i do that this has nothing to do with your argument, and it's more a matter of the fact that she gets recognition and you don't....quit whining like a baby and leave her alone already.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:54 PM

This thread reaks of jealousy.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:55 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

so because she doesn't have enough post counts on maxima.org, that makes her worthless??
No. You COMPLETLEY missed the point, but suffice to say I am not surprised in the least. Dude jumped in saying she is a representitve of the community, when in reality, the 'community' has seen precious little of her.

give me a break....you know as well as i do that this has nothing to do with your argument
Again, this was not a retort subjected towards the matter at hand.

And it's more a matter of the fact that she gets recognition and you don't....
I implore you to rearead my posts, and, if you can actually comprehend this a second time, you will notice that I have said that I'd sooner see people such as Jeff, Josh, and Blackbird get the credit.

quit whining like a baby and leave her alone already.
Hrmm.

I agree that if she were some old fat guy, she wouldn't have been on FUSE
So you've already cited that her sex has a great deal to do with her apperance. Apparently you don't care. I do.

quit whining like a baby and leave her alone already
Re-read the thread, my friend. Strange how the vast majority of vets whom have chimed in this thread agree with me, but what do we know?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:57 PM

Whenever a thread has the word "gurl" or "girl" in it, there always seem to be 10,000 views and 500 replies. It's as if the members are all like the geek squad on X-Files or something. Doesn't everyone interact with women at work, at home, through relatives, etc.? What one woman does or doesn't do on tv or with Maximas isn't very important imho.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:05 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by ajcool2
This thread reaks of jealousy.
And your post reeks of idiocy.

Gec is going to be featured in Dub magazine. GOOD FOR HIM!!! I cannot think of a more deserving 6th genner. I have lauded his efforts many times over and congratulate him to no end for the hard work he has put in to creating a truly uniqe ride through his own sweat and blood. He is a d'amn hard working enthusiast and helps out members to boot. THAT'S an enthusiast.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:10 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

i think shes a enthusiast. She helps with things she cant do herself, she goes to shows and takes good care of her car, etc. The org isnt the whole community, just because she isnt very active at the computer everynight shouldnt take away from the fact that shes at every show and pushing her car to the limits......
Old 08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Yeah or this, Oh my bag, my ride...

Old 08-23-2006, 02:31 PM
retired moderator

i think shes a enthusiast. She helps with things she cant do herself, she goes to shows and takes good care of her car, etc. The org isnt the whole community, just because she isnt very active at the computer everynight shouldnt take away from the fact that shes at every show and pushing her car to the limits......
She clearly is an enthusiast, I don't think anyone is arguing that. She did her cars the way she wanted to, keeps them in good shape, goes to shows, etc etc.

I think Dan's point is that, regardless of if she's on TV or whatnot, it is clear that so many dudes here are "up on her" just because she's a "she." I have yet to hear anyone say that they actually love her maximas though.....that's the odd part. They defend her, but not her cars. Odd.

Dan's other point is that she really only comes on here to promote her cars and events. True. But, since she is sponsored that's her job - to promote. As for me, I prefer people who are on here to show off their original ideas, help others with their cars, etc etc. But we all have our purposes.

As for me, I can't stand the way her cars look. I think they are to the extreme. But my opinion of her cars doesn't matter any more than her opinion of mine matters. If she likes them, that's what matters. And that's ALL that matters. None of us likes everyone else's cars. I love my car, but know plenty of people who dislike various mods I've done. That's how it works, and how it will always work.

That said, I don't think she represents "the Maxima community" per se any more than I represent the community. Everyone plays their own little part in representing their own interests and/or their own circle of friends (and sponsors, in this case). I'm sure Brooke is a very nice person. In fact, most people on here are pretty cool in person and everyone usually gets along. Nobody here is attacking her personally. I think this is more of a societal argument about the "hardcore" car people who are constantly creating new ideas (like Dan) vs. the segment that just buys accessories to look bling vs. the performance group who are more interested in performance than looks.

now....

If she posts a page or two on her cardomain site showing off her ENGINE and SUSPENSION mods, and shows as much enthusiasm about a y-pipe as she does about carbon-fiber splitters....then my opinion of her "car enthusiasm" will rise dramatically...Only so many angles I want to look at a Razor hood from....

rant done
Old 08-23-2006, 02:32 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by chernmax
Yeah or this, Oh my bag, my ride...
Chris, did you get lost in the wrong thread?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:36 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

I think Dan's point is that, regardless of if she's on TV or whatnot, it is clear that so many dudes here are "up on her" just because she's a "she." I have yet to hear anyone say that they actually love her maximas though.....that's the odd part. They defend her, but not her cars. Odd.
I defended her cars. Shes hot, no doubt, and i would never pass up on the chance to check out the backseat of those maximas, but the cars imo are hot. Its a good situation all the way around.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Dan's other point is that she really only comes on here to promote her cars and events.

Thank-you, Josh.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:46 PM

No. You COMPLETLEY missed the point, but suffice to say I am not surprised in the least. Dude jumped in saying she is a representitve of the community, when in reality, the 'community' has seen precious little of her.

Again, this was not a retort subjected towards the matter at hand.

I implore you to rearead my posts, and, if you can actually comprehend this a second time, you will notice that I have said that I'd sooner see people such as Jeff, Josh, and Blackbird get the credit.

Hrmm.

So you've already cited that her sex has a great deal to do with her apperance. Apparently you don't care. I do.
hmm...let's see...pretty much the only thing you stated here is that i didn't read or understand the thread...i think i understood it perfectly and it has to do with you not being able to own up to the fact that you are jealous...you can say all you want, but it's easy to see what you feel. Sorry.

Re-read the thread, my friend. Strange how the vast majority of vets whom have chimed in this thread agree with me, but what do we know?
and yet again, you bring the post count and the fact that you are an .org 'vet' into play....big freaking whoop. I have over 2,000 posts, but does that make me any more valuable that some people that have 100? absolutely not...get the OT rules out of your head and realize that just because someone is not an extremely active member of maxima.org doesn't make them a valuable member of the maxima community.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:48 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

(1) Read post 68
(2) ??????
(3) PROFIT.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:51 PM
kthxbye2u

lol those are teh ghey bikes lmao

250 cc's could have atlease got ZX6-R's :P

i like that white maxima thats a "NOICE" one

Old 08-23-2006, 02:54 PM

(1) Read post 68
(2) ??????
(3) PROFIT.
alright, that did nothing but prove my point from the beginning....You stated that maxima girl just gets coverage in magazines and tv shows because she's a woman, and a hot one at that. Does that mean gec is a hot girl? I think not....i also told you that you could easily get magazine coverage, but your car isn't finished yet. Once it is, I'm sure you won't have any problem getting people to gawk at your car, because it's amazing. Again, let's try not to make this so much about the person, but about the car. Maxima girl and gec probably have nothing in common, but they both have nice cars and they both got coverage. I think we should be happy for the maxima community, not shooting down the members...
Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

Originally Posted by xx-Marshall-xx
lol those are teh ghey bikes lmao

250 cc's could have atlease got ZX6-R's :P
those bikes can be a ton of fun. Especially for someone her size and i assume its her first bike. I started on a Hayabusa, i ride a Hayabusa, and i wish i had started on one of those. I would have been a much better rider much faster
Old 08-23-2006, 03:02 PM

those bikes can be a ton of fun. Especially for someone her size and i assume its her first bike. I started on a Hayabusa, i ride a Hayabusa, and i wish i had started on one of those. I would have been a much better rider much faster
You started on a busa?

Quick Reply: MaximaGirl On FUSE TV