General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MaximaGirl On FUSE TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 PM
retired moderator

that's ok...my first bike was

then again, I was 14 and it was 1989.....
Old 08-23-2006, 03:11 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
I think we should be happy for the maxima community, not shooting down the members...
I will agree with you, but only to a certain extent. It is not my intention to bash anyone whom has succeeded with promoting their Maxima.

But her appearance on Fuse did not promote the community, only her car.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:31 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
But thats what were saying, it DID promote the community. Any maxima exposure thats positive promotes the community. The community isnt strictly the org, its a group of those who love these cars and have passion for them. She does and she gets them exposed, thats promotion. So people like her car, why is that a bad thing??

And yea i started on a Busa. it was my dads 2003 and he bought a friends modified 04 and sold me his.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am not contesting her passion for Maximas, nor her enthusiasm. I am contesting once again that there are those far more deserving. I would sooner hold high the innovators, pioneers, mechanics, and educators.
Why would she not be deserving of her appearance on FUSE? That show is not concerned with the innovators, pioneers, mechanics, or educators on the Org. They are mearly concerned with people that have modded their cars to an extent that they think their target audience will find interesting. She's done (or has had done, frankly I don't see the difference) many mods to both of her cars, which makes them appealing to FUSE's target audience. Thus, she is quite deserving of her appearance. Now, if she were to appear on Hot Rod TV, then maybe I'd agree with you (though I can't say for sure because I've no clue what she's done performance wise).

Originally Posted by irish44j
If she posts a page or two on her cardomain site showing off her ENGINE and SUSPENSION mods, and shows as much enthusiasm about a y-pipe as she does about carbon-fiber splitters....then my opinion of her "car enthusiasm" will rise dramatically...Only so many angles I want to look at a Razor hood from....
Irish, I liked your post, and the fact that you posted your opinions objectionally (not attacking anyone, like some of the others in this thread). I agree with most of what you said, but the above is one of the things I personally disagree with. There are many different parts to a car. IMO, just because you are more interested in some aspects than others, doesn't make you any less of an enthusiast. It seems to me that if she was solely interested in performance/suspension (auto-x), then you would be more prone to consider her an enthusiast. However, since she's mostly concerned with looks, you don't consider her much of an enthusiast. (Maybe the 255hp is enough for her, and she doesn't need to mod it for more power? What's the point of showing a stock engine bay?)

To me, a car enthusiast is someone that is enthusiastic about their car. I don't care how many, or which, aspects of their car they're enthusiastic about, just that they are enthusiastic. If they spend 1hr a day cleaning their car, or if they spend 1hr a day working on performance/suspension, is there really a difference? People are interested in different things. All that really matters is that they're interested.

On another note, I don't know why people hate so much on people that don't do all of their own work. Would those same people hate on someone who loved home theatre, but didn't fix their projector when it broke? If you send your kids to daycare, do you love them less for some reason? I don't see the difference.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:58 PM

I will agree with you, but only to a certain extent. It is not my intention to bash anyone whom has succeeded with promoting their Maxima.

I'm glad you see that, but do you think gec being featured is promoting the communtiy? just curious....
Old 08-23-2006, 03:59 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
I'm glad you see that, but do you think gec being featured is promoting the communtiy? just curious....
We'll have to wait and see.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:02 PM

We'll have to wait and see.
But in general, if you saw gec's car in a magazine, without knowing the owner, you'd applaud it, correct? I mean, you would be happy just to see a maxima getting coverage, again, without knowing the owner?
Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM

I am not going to bash, argue or try and win anyones view over. No point. Those who know me is all that matters and those who are open-minded are free from other(s) stress. Everyone has an opinion- as they should. If we all liked the same style, women, cars, bikes, clothes, religion, music etc.... we would be boring and lost. I PAY for my cars, I worked for 4 years for a sponsorship w/ CE, the "body shop" sponsorship was offered to my EX when he drove it to work. The owner of the shop approached him to use the car for a show- not me. I like the way my maximas look. I have 3 maximas and each one I styled differently. I have to drive them, I have to pay for them- NOT you. I can not imagine going around bashing or insulting other enthusiats for their "style" to me its just as nasty as bashing on a race or religion. Its not fair. I am sure the gentleman that posted this had great intentions. Unfortunately I knew NOTHING good would come from a thread such as this. READ THAT SLOWLY.... because that's where its wrong. NO one - NO ONE- absolutely NO one on here should be afraid to post a thread and get flamed or beaten down by text. This is a forum where people with great interest and abilities come to chat, make friends, learn and get ideas. Since when did the .org become a site where we all act like HONDA owners consistantly BASHING one another for ideas and the lack of friendliness and positive feedback is a drawback. You say I never post? This is why... its become a "gang" of who can beat one another down and who can kiss who's ***.... its not a friendly chat anymore or sancuary for enthusiasts who want positive responses or constructive critism - not ruthless replies. I admire so many .org members who have NA maxima's, show maxima's and autocross equipt maximas. I am around. I read the threads. I admire the custom work, paint, turbo kits and record breaking track times. BRAVO to those men- but bravo to them if they are easy going enough to help out a NEWBIE or another competitor. I knew when the show was going to air.... and if I thought for one second my fellow max owners would appreciate the efforts and maxima exposure I surely would have posted a thread myself. But I knew nothing good would come from it. I am doing what I love and I thoroughly enjoy the GREAT maxima friends I have met on here- you know who you are! I enjoy working on the calendar every year meeting GREAT people and seeing so many differently styled maximas. I can not change what FUSE incorporated into that very short segment. IT was really nothing that great. A whole 10 min in between music videos.... we filmed for 2 days for 10 minutes! They surely chopped the SH*T out of the footage we got and the knowledgable things I had to say about the VQ engine and footage of me changing a wheel bearing on my 2001 the first day of the shoot. Its TV of course they wanna sell "SEX". It was not my image of a maxima topic therefore I felt no urge to post it for anyone to see but my family and friends. It did not portray ME- being ME! AS far as my flippin bike goes its about all I fit on heighth wise. I have been working on a safe way to drop an R6-S to fit me comfortably but its compromising the handling and function. I am making due with what I have. Your right 250 cc's is not much but being small - it does just fine... of course I want a bigger bike but I am enjoying what I have. As for "appearance" everyone has different taste. And those who know me know that I slowed down from modeling w/ CE because I wanted to be know for my "cars" and hobby rather than my body. CE was a great support and respected my decision. As far as being a die hard car enthusiast I don't recall many others making it to MAXUS and spending time, money & travel time to be there and meet new people. I drove for 4 days out of my 7 day vacation to be there and enjoy the surroundings. I also flew to NY to hang with the maxima people out there and cruise. GREAT group of people. Loved that trip to Brooklyn.

This is not about me intentionally, I believe this was posted to show that maxima's were on TV, not to be an on-going battle. Good luck to those who put forth their time, efforts and knowledge. Good luck to those FAST maxima's who I keep my eye on- constantly. Best of luck to the newbies and those who stay in the shadows because they are afraid to be flamed. I have no hard feelings for anything that's been said. I can handle the criticism its good for me to see blunt people- kind of refreshing. Although few stop to get facts and figures before saying things. I am here, always will be I do not intent to stir up chaos in the midst of a great site that has potential to continue on w/ a good rep. If you have a problem with me or THINK something looks a certain way and want answers - don't judge. Send me a PM and get to know me or pick my brain. Don't assume. I am friendly and would be pleased to answer anything misunderstood, problem is people would rather flame than send me a message and get an understanding or take a chance and say a simple "hello." I must admit the people that have are great friends now and I am glad they took time to say hello and be friendly w/o leg humping as ya'll call it. No one should kiss anyones *** but saying hello and getting to know someone for WHO they are NOT what they look like is not *** kissing its respectful. There are many track stars on here I'd like the meet and talk to about tuning and turbos but feel I will be flamed if I say hello. Thank you to those who support and best wishes in your ventures to those who disagree or dislike me.... do what you do- its your life, your car- not mine.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:29 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by D Love

Irish, I liked your post, and the fact that you posted your opinions objectionally (not attacking anyone, like some of the others in this thread). I agree with most of what you said, but the above is one of the things I personally disagree with. There are many different parts to a car. IMO, just because you are more interested in some aspects than others, doesn't make you any less of an enthusiast.
I think you have me wrong. I KNOW that she has suspension work and probably engine work done. After all, to win show awards the engine bay MUST look pretty good too, since the hood is going to be open. And I can see that the car is lowered. I'm saying that because, frankly, I am interested to see what work HAS been done on engine/suspension - and I wish she would show those off as much as she shows everything else off, that's all.

Originally Posted by D Love
On another note, I don't know why people hate so much on people that don't do all of their own work. Would those same people hate on someone who loved home theatre, but didn't fix their projector when it broke? If you send your kids to daycare, do you love them less for some reason? I don't see the difference.
I dunno...from my viewpoint, working on the car is far more fun than just "having" a nice car. It's not a matter of skills, it's a matter of wanting to do it. Most of us learned how to do things by trial and error. I'm not saying Brooke doesn't work on her car (she probably does to some extent). Again, I just wish she's have a picture of herself with her hands all covered in transmission fluid and a dirty t-shirt on, down under the car

I don't like to use the word "hate on." I'm a DIY'er by nature (on my house, car, whatever) and I enjoy seeing other people working on their projects as well. It makes me happy to show local guys who don't know much about cars how to do something like change their springs and to see how pleased they are to "know" how to do it.

I think my ire is more directed toward the shops that often take advantage of people. I can't count how many guys I work with/know that have paid shops $500+ just to put on some lowering springs. I'm like "YOU COULD HAVE DONE THAT YOURSELF IN 2-3 HOURS!!!!"

Like I said though....I'm not "hating" on Brooke. The path she takes with regard to her car is not all that appealing to me (in terms of work or style) but I give her respect for doing what she wants to and being proud of it.

btw....auto-x has nothing to do with enthusiasts. Personally, I think those of us that autocross maximas are a bit crazy anyhow. We need to go buy Miatas or something
Old 08-23-2006, 04:34 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

Well said brooke, and your welcome again.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Maxima Girl
If we all liked the same style, women, cars, bikes, clothes, religion, music etc.... we would be boring and lost.
true that.

I can not imagine going around bashing or insulting other enthusiats for their "style" to me its just as nasty as bashing on a race or religion. Its not fair.
While I agree to some extent, there is a place in this forum for being critical as well, in a polite way. I can say "I really don't like that hood" to you and hopefully you will see it as an preference opinion and not a personal attack against you. Not all negative feedback is "bashing" or "hating." I personally like to get some negative/critical feedback on my projects. There are going to be people out there who are flat-out rude, both here on the org and in the real world. The key is to ignore what they say or take statements with a grain of salt.

I am sure the gentleman that posted this had great intentions. Unfortunately I knew NOTHING good would come from a thread such as this. READ THAT SLOWLY.... because that's where its wrong. NO one - NO ONE- absolutely NO one on here should be afraid to post a thread and get flamed or beaten down by text.
true again. Of course, I like getting flamed. If I'm not getting flamed, it means I'm not doing anything new or creative, and that's no fun

This is a forum where people with great interest and abilities come to chat, make friends, learn and get ideas. Since when did the .org become a site where we all act like HONDA owners consistantly BASHING one another for ideas and the lack of friendliness and positive feedback is a drawback.
friendliness and negative feedback are not mutually exclusive, though. Friends are honest to each other, good or bad. I think honesty is always the best policy, as long as it is expressed with some semblance of decorum.

You say I never post? This is why... its become a "gang" of who can beat one another down and who can kiss who's ***.... its not a friendly chat anymore or sancuary for enthusiasts who want positive responses or constructive critism - not ruthless replies.
I think you would find that if you got into more technical discussions (particularly in the 5th gen forum) you would earn the respect of many members. You clearly have knowledge about the car, probably more than most people here. That said, I've been here about three years and all I know about you is that you wear tight shirts - because I dont' recall ever seeing you in any discussions about the car itself. People have said you can "talk shop" in person, so you should "talk shop" in here sometimes!

but bravo to them if they are easy going enough to help out a NEWBIE or another competitor.
quoted for truth.

I knew when the show was going to air.... and if I thought for one second my fellow max owners would appreciate the efforts and maxima exposure I surely would have posted a thread myself.
That said, you could have "set it up" by saying. "Hey guys, my car is going to be on FUSE TV. They filmed for two days, with me working on the car, changing a bearing (that indeed is impressive), etc. They're probably going to chop all that out and just show the car and some T&A, though....because ya know sex sells."

call it a pre-emptive strike against flaming. I do it all the time.

It did not portray ME- being ME!
That may be true, but your cardomain site is alot of pictures of your car with you looking sultry/sexy/etc etc. When a bunch of guys see that, it's an automatic assumption that you are just some girlie-girl who knows nothing about cars. Like I said, show some pics of you in dirty jeans, mechanix gloves, and oil on your old t-shirt, and everyone gives you props as a gearhead. Image is everything!

S far as my flippin bike goes its about all I fit on heighth wise. I have been working on a safe way to drop an R6-S to fit me comfortably but its compromising the handling and function. I am making due with what I have. Your right 250 cc's is not much but being small - it does just fine... of course I want a bigger bike but I am enjoying what I have. As for "appearance" everyone has different taste.
hey, you saw my "bike"

. Send me a PM and get to know me or pick my brain.
my wife would NOT approve of that

turbos

turbos are over-rated

Originally Posted by MAxima Girl
but feel I will be flamed if I say hello. Thank you to those who support and best wishes in your ventures to those who disagree or dislike me.... do what you do- its your life, your car- not mine.
Brooke, you seem like a friendly, well-spoken person who is knowledgeable. If you were to share your knowledge here, get in more shop talk conversations I don't think you'd have any problems with people flaming. Flaming comes from misperceptions of people, and an accurate perception cannot be formed without ever seeing/hearing/reading a person's comments or thoughts.

I can think of one guy in the 5th gen forums. When he was a newbie here a year ago, he was flamed repeatedly because of how his car looked (ricey). But he ignored it and got into discussions and shop talk with people, and he's now relatively well-respected for his knowledge (even if his car, IMO, is still ricey)....and people don't flame him anymore since they know he knows his stuff....

all that said, we can agree to disagree on taste in style. Although I dislike your taste in car accessories, I have no misconceptions about your love of your cars - you most certainly have spent more money on your cars than I have on mine, I'd say.

So...stay active on the forums and let people get to know you. I have 12,000 posts and 3 years on here and this is the first time I think I've replied to a post by you.....

now I've completely forgotten what my original point was, so I'll say goodbye!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by scubasteve
Well said brooke, and your welcome again.
brown-noser
Old 08-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Pointy Elbows

Go Brooke!
Old 08-23-2006, 06:10 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

brown-noser
haha i wisssssh
Old 08-23-2006, 06:32 PM
westler92

I'm not reading the last 4 pages.........

Anyways good to see a MAX gettin some exposure

Old 08-23-2006, 06:51 PM
the org...not what it was

Irish I think you spoke extremely well for most of us on the org and those that posted in here and there's not much else to be said. Way to represent for the rest of us that might not have been able to articulate that in the way that you did, thanks
Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Chris, did you get lost in the wrong thread?

Actually no because I'm 99% in agreement with what you have said. I joke, I cruise the threads but I put most of my time into helping other members with questions (here and on NYCMaximas, Cardomain, countless emails, PMs etc.) on how too, how I did this, etc. etc. Anyone who has visited my Cardomain pages knows they are full of step by step how to with pictures, part numbers, telephone numbers, websites, etc, etc and most of mine is performance based. I don't own a single trophy and don't care...

I'm passionate about my car. When it comes to shows or meets, I'm not selling stuff, I'm helping my bro's install mods, explaining how to do things or telling them lessons learned and I normally have my detailing done before I get to the show.

My goal when people see my ride is WOW, that's different!!! Shake hands, meet people and then drive my b!tch hard and put her out wet.

This is a forum, whatever is said, good or bad, ppl need to just suck it up. Brooke can hold her own but she needs to step up herself if she is in disagreement about what is said. I defend my boyz and my family, Period.

I don't know Brooke so NO CARE!!! My personal opinion, when I look at car pictures, I prefer the B!tches stay off the cars, I can always buy Playboy or Hustler if that's what I'm looking for...

You'll never see my a$$ bending over my car to get the girls to look... (not that they would)

Old school in the house...
Old 08-23-2006, 07:18 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by chernmax
Actually no because I'm 99% in agreement with what you have said. I joke, I cruise the threads but I put most of my time into helping other members with questions (here and on NYCMaximas, Cardomain, countless emails, PMs etc.) on how too, how I did this, etc. etc. Anyone who has visited my Cardomain pages knows they are full of step by step how to with pictures, part numbers, telephone numbers, websites, etc, etc and most of mine is performance based. I don't own a single trophy and don't care...

I'm passionate about my car. When it comes to shows or meets, I'm not selling stuff, I'm helping my bro's install mods, explaining how to do things or telling them lessons learned and I normally have my detailing done before I get to the show.

My goal when people see my ride is WOW, that's different!!! Shake hands, meet people and then drive my b!tch hard and put her out wet.

This is a forum, whatever is said, good or bad, ppl need to just suck it up. Brooke can hold her own but she needs to step up herself if she is in disagreement about what is said. I defend my boyz and my family, Period.

I don't know Brooke so NO CARE!!! My personal opinion, when I look at car pictures, I prefer the B!tches stay off the cars, I can always buy Playboy or Hustler if that's what I'm looking for...

You never see my a$$ bending over my car to get the girls to look...

Old school in the house...
aight...ha. I just wasn't sure what you were saying in your previous post. Must be some of that Spanish lingo, eh?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
VE Powah!!!

Brooke & Irish said everything very well!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:38 PM

aight...ha. I just wasn't sure what you were saying in your previous post. Must be some of that Spanish lingo, eh?
What I was trying to say is I'm out there like you, trying to make the max perform, etc and I can still show off my custom work knowing my knuckles bled all over my engine, suspension, etc doing it and then sit here at my keyboard bleeding on it as I help others...

You know I'm in the game, don't make me send some of my Spanish broyz over to your house and make a Pinata out of you...

Peace bro...
Old 08-23-2006, 07:42 PM
retired moderator

What I was trying to say is I'm out there like you, trying to make the max perform, etc and I can still show off my custom work knowing my knuckles bled all over my engine, suspension, etc doing it and then sit here at my keyboard bleeding on it as I help others...

You know I'm in the game, don't make me send some of my Spanish broyz over to your house and make a Pinata out of you...

Peace bro...
who you tryin to fool? I know you didn't airbrush that graphic on your engine cover yourself!

I don't think they'll let your boys into Fairfax County unless they have median incomes over $122,342 anyhow

Old 08-23-2006, 07:54 PM

who you tryin to fool? I know you didn't airbrush that graphic on your engine cover yourself!

I don't think they'll let your boys into Fairfax County unless they have median incomes over $122,342 anyhow

I removed the engine cover and bled all over my CAI, UPD Pulley, Ground wiring, Strut Brace, Manifold, Headers, etc, etc...

Don't even get me into remembering all the exhaust and suspension ****...

Most of the stuff my boyz in NYC deal with, 122K would be considered low income. I only know high class sluggers...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:11 PM
retired moderator

I removed the engine cover and bled all over my CAI, UPD Pulley, Ground wiring, Strut Brace, Manifold, Headers, etc, etc...

Don't even get me into remembering all the exhaust and suspension ****...

Most of the stuff my boyz in NYC deal with, 122K would be considered low income. I only know high class sluggers...
who you trying to fool? I know how much Navy Lieutenants make....I have 6 of em working for me

I will rephrase my previous statement about loving working on the car though. The one exception is dealing with brake fluid. I freakin' hate brake fluid. Unfortunately, I'm putting the 300z calipers on this weekend so I'm definitely going to make a mess of my in-laws' garage, haah...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Black Maxima

Hey Brooke, if you are in Connecticut anytime stop at my house we can work on cars or just hang out. I'll treat you to a fancy dinner or something. It's nice meeting new people from the .org.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:29 PM

Wow.........nice drama

People should do to their cars what they want.....and if others don't like it. Fu'ck em, up against the wall with handcuffs on and crazy glue on their lips.......

/thread.......
Old 08-23-2006, 08:30 PM

who you trying to fool? I know how much Navy Lieutenants make....I have 6 of em working for me
I'm a retired Lieutenant (0-3E with 24)(receiving 3.4K a month in retirement pay) and I am currently fully employed by a multi-billion dollar defense contracting firm making 3X that (On Top). You do the math...

I have 40+ people working for me as the FMS Defense Schools Administrator and Facility Manager...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:36 PM
dot dot dot ...

....I have 6 of em working for me
Do you sell them too?
The one exception is dealing with brake fluid. I freakin' hate brake fluid.
to that.

I'm a retired Lieutenant (0-3E with 24)(receiving 3.4K a month in retirement pay) and I am currently fully employed by a multi-billion dollar defense contracting firm making 3X that (On Top). You do the math...
you doing w/ a Maxima then? Multi Billion dollar defense contractor... Who...?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:40 PM

I have 40+ people working for me as the FMS Defense Schools Administrator and Facility Manager...
Why do you feel the need to brag on what you make?
westler92

That because HER CARS ARE OWNED BY HER SPONSORS AND SHE IS LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO PRESENT THEM IN THE BEST POSSIBLE FORM. She can't even drive one of them unless it's to shows only! Taking care of her car is her JOB. Make sure you give props to the deep-fry cooker at McDonald's next time he serves you up a batch.

OWWWWWWNEEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!!

I C U

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
He invest his money on bigger and better things? It's cost effective?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:41 PM

Do you sell them too?
to that.

I try not to get reckless with my money, I do just enough to make me happy. With a 450K home, SUV, travel, vacations, investments, 401K and a college savings plan for my daughter. The Max is exactly where I need to be...

www.bah.com
Old 08-23-2006, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cutler
Why do you feel the need to brag on what you make?
I was quoting Irish, where just messing with each other...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Still you don't need to brag on what you make, if you keep it up you will sound like Gbauer and I don't think you want that now do you?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by illlojik
He invest his money on bigger and better things? It's cost effective?
Thanks TRUE...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cutler
Still you don't need to brag on what you make, if you keep it up you will sound like Gbauer and I don't think you want that now do you?
Good point...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:46 PM

Good point...
Word.....
Old 08-23-2006, 08:49 PM

So what was this thread about again???
Old 08-23-2006, 08:49 PM
dot dot dot ...

Enhacing National Security FTMFW

So you don't build bombs or anything like that then...
multi-billion dollar defense contracting firm
Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Black Maxima
Hey Brooke, if you are in Connecticut anytime stop at my house we can work on cars or just hang out. I'll treat you to a fancy dinner or something. It's nice meeting new people from the .org.
Would the offer still stand if the thread was about MaximaGuy???
Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM

Enhacing National Security FTMFW

So you don't build bombs or anything like that then...
No but I delivered a lot

Quick Reply: MaximaGirl On FUSE TV