General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

close call

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 06:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ok, i've read instances where people said that they didnt bother stopping when they flew by a cop... couple of nights ago, i had the same experience. a friend in his 99 SE and i were just driving around, and i wanted to open the car up a little bit since i just installed my new exhaust. so the both of us come out of this looooong sweeping left turn at about 90-95 mph, only to find a cop sitting calmly at the side of the road. i took my foot off the gas for a sec, thought about it, and then just floored it from there on... my friend braked, saw me take off, and then floored it behind me! we took a twisty route and finally got back home. amazingly, the cop did not even turn his flashy lights on when we flew by him. it was a good thing his radar gun wasnt turned on, otherwise something else would've happened! what a night....! in any case, i love my new exhaust... cant wait for my ss piping to get finished too... must say the hks is really quiet, the drone is most prevalent between 2-3.5k rpms... which is really nice. cant wait to test it out on the track this week!
Old 06-25-2001, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

haha one time in a mall i ran a stop sign and a cop in a bakery/donut shop jumped out of his chair and ran outside... but i was already kinda far away for the fata** to call back up... it was a stupid move on my part... i jus didnt feel like stopping and shifting
Old 06-25-2001, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by carnal_c30
haha one time in a mall i ran a stop sign and a cop in a bakery/donut shop jumped out of his chair and ran outside... but i was already kinda far away for the fata** to call back up... it was a stupid move on my part... i jus didnt feel like stopping and shifting
LOL!!!
Old 06-25-2001, 05:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by carnal_c30
Old 06-28-2001, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by mechanic
ok, i've read instances where people said that they didnt bother stopping when they flew by a cop... couple of nights ago, i had the same experience. a friend in his 99 SE and i were just driving around, and i wanted to open the car up a little bit since i just installed my new exhaust. so the both of us come out of this looooong sweeping left turn at about 90-95 mph, only to find a cop sitting calmly at the side of the road. i took my foot off the gas for a sec, thought about it, and then just floored it from there on... my friend braked, saw me take off, and then floored it behind me! we took a twisty route and finally got back home. amazingly, the cop did not even turn his flashy lights on when we flew by him. it was a good thing his radar gun wasnt turned on, otherwise something else would've happened! what a night....! in any case, i love my new exhaust... cant wait for my ss piping to get finished too... must say the hks is really quiet, the drone is most prevalent between 2-3.5k rpms... which is really nice. cant wait to test it out on the track this week!
ive done basically the same thing 4 times now. ive gotten away all 4 times. its kind of funny because if you know me you would NEVER think that im the kind of person that would run from the cops. its really stupid. i only do it because im 99% sure i can get away with 1 or 2 quick turns. and if i ger caught its not so obviouis that i was trying to get away. the last time i did it which was about 2 weeks ago i took a turn a little too fast and had to go on the wrong side of the cement divider and make the turn. it dont recommend it.
Old 06-28-2001, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

well my experience wasnt really consciously breaking the law with a cop there like i was drivin.. and i saw the cop in the shop... and its always the most hilarious thing in the world to see a cop in a donut shop... i mean thats like where they BELONG haha... its so hilarious but anyways
i saw the cop... chuckled.. then a second later i saw the sign and i jus had to decide whether to stop at the sign and i just cruised in the mall in 3rd gear so i was jus like watever and ran it... then i remember the cop was there... and i was like oh s*** =) then i saw him jus get outside of the shop, stand with his hands on his hips,... and that was it haha

concious law breakers/coprunners should be shot!!!! (newman) haha jus playin man... its all in good fun

that experience is better than all the times racing... its the most hilarious thing ever haah
Old 06-29-2001, 05:30 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

I tried that once. I was driving down US280 from Birmingham to Auburn. Those of you from here know how much revenue is generated along this strip of highway. Anyway, it was about 11:30 PM on a Sunday night, tryin to get back to school. Anyway, I'm coming in to Harpersville and I pass a cop going the other way at about 75...in a 55. It was divided highway, so he had to keep going a little before he could turn around. I floored it and took the next turn, as I took another turn, he was just clearing the first one. Then I realized I was at a dead end...so I stopped. He finally got there and started yelling at me for running from him. Anyway, I got a $430 ticket for 77 in a 55 (aggravated speeding...I thought my attitude was pretty good) plus "attempting to elude". Oh yeah, that dead end street I was on, I had pulled right up to the police station .
Old 06-29-2001, 07:26 AM

I've never tried to out-run a cop.
With my luck it just wouldn't work.
And I'd be looking at a ticket with a bigger fine for attempt to elude.
Maybe, if I were sure I could get away w/ it...

Usually I try to be real nice, yes sir, no sir, sorry sir.
[that sure ain't what I'm thinking though]

Got stopped for speeding not too long ago,
acknowledged the cop, and pulled off on a side road for safety.
Then was real polite.
Ticket would have been like $145, and a point
but he siad he was making it failure to observe a sign
$65 and no point.
I almost wanted to kiss him.
I bought a detector the next week.

Another time I'm stuck behind some jerk going real slow in an SUV.
Finally get to a stop sign at a Y intersection.
He stops. And sits there - all clear, but he has to make sure.
He goes straight, I'm going left, so I pull out,
cross the dbl yellow a bit and go left with out making a full stop.
I mean, I was stopped behind this guy, 12 feet from the sign
Just didn't want to stop again, and the SUV had me so p***ed off.
Well this Scum*** cop was just sitting there waiting for
this kind of thing and he pulls me right over.
I yes sired him and all, but he was a real harda**
He gives me the ticket and walks back to his car.
I say "Have a nice day officer" but sarcastic as hell.
He whips around and asks "What did you say!?"
I say "Have a nice day officer"...
"Oh" is all he can say all disapointed like.

But wait, it gets better...

So I went to court on this one - figured what do I have to lose?
He comes out to try to settle before we go before the judge.
I won't do it though.
They failed to send the deposition in time
and when they finally did, it wasn't signed.
So my case was pretty strong and I told him so.
He gets all PO and nasty
"I'll just write you another tkt"
[which he couldn't really do]
"and I'll put crossing the dbl yellow on it too."
Bast**
Well, in the end they lost the papers and the whole thing was dropped!

But I don't commute that way to work any more...
Old 06-29-2001, 09:24 AM

ONE TIME ME AND A FRIEND (94 PRELUDE)WERE RACING ON A LOCAL STREET IN NEWARK AND WHEN WE GO OVER A LITTLE HILL THERE WERE 2 COP CARS THAT HAD THERE LIGHTS ON COMING OUT OF A SIDE STREET. WE WERE DOING ANYWERE BETWEEN 60-70 MPH IN A 25MPH ZONE. IF THE COP DIDNT HIT THE GAS HE WAS GOING TO GET HIT BY 2 CARS.
Old 06-29-2001, 04:23 PM

[i]

concious law breakers/coprunners should be shot!!!! (newman) haha jus playin man... its all in good fun[/B]
all those times i mentioned i was fortunate enough to have a sizable lead on the cop. i think its really stupid to run from the cops when they're right behind you. and i think what i've done is stupid too. im a nice guy. i throw my trash in trash cans. but for some reason when it comes to being pulled over in my car, in the heat of the moment i use extremely bad judegement but ive been lucky.
Old 06-29-2001, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor

haha i was just playin... i'd do the same if i were you... i mean wen i see a cop pull sumone over i speed up later so he cant catch up with me.. and in cali man... freeways just keep moving faster and faster... 5 years ago 70 would be really pushin it... now we average 80-90

yea i do alot of stupid things... with a stick shift i break so many rules.. too lazy to come to a complete stop for stop signs... but yes i'm a nice guy i throw my trash in the trash can...
Old 06-30-2001, 06:51 AM

Originally posted by bet97se
ONE TIME ME AND A FRIEND (94 PRELUDE)WERE RACING ON A LOCAL STREET IN NEWARK AND WHEN WE GO OVER A LITTLE HILL THERE WERE 2 COP CARS THAT HAD THERE LIGHTS ON COMING OUT OF A SIDE STREET. WE WERE DOING ANYWERE BETWEEN 60-70 MPH IN A 25MPH ZONE. IF THE COP DIDNT HIT THE GAS HE WAS GOING TO GET HIT BY 2 CARS.