General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

look at this wreck that happened after f&f

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 07:59 PM

this guy in a lamborghini was racing a vette after seeing the fast and the furious and he spun out of control and hit on coming traffic. killed himself and a father and son traveling in a volvo. look at the attachment below. just wanted to remind everyon to be careful.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by matt92gxe
this guy in a lamborghini was racing a vette after seeing the fast and the furious and he spun out of control and hit on coming traffic. killed himself and a father and son traveling in a volvo. look at the attachment below. just wanted to remind everyon to be careful.
sad..
Old 06-26-2001, 09:21 PM
Disco Biscuit

According to a statement in the Washington Post, there was no evidence that the wreck was tied into the F&F. They also said nothing about a child. The Vette driver was only charged with 2 counts of manslaughter not 3.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:25 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Oh great.....

here we go agian, every wreck will now be associated to the F&F....
Old 06-26-2001, 10:32 PM
90maximaSE

Re: Oh great.....

Originally posted by DA-MAX
here we go agian, every wreck will now be associated to the F&F....
Yeah i live in Lexington & there was this article in the Lexington Hearld Leader. It was titled: Police Fear "Furious" Will Inspire Copycats......

Old 06-26-2001, 11:41 PM

What a waste of three nice cars...
Old 06-26-2001, 11:47 PM

http://www.newsday.com/news/daily/lidrag25.htm

get the info from the hometown paper

although my confidence in volvo's is a bit shaken. all that protection and still dead.
Old 06-26-2001, 11:47 PM

Who said the Volvo was nice?

Originally posted by Mike H.
Old 06-27-2001, 12:12 AM

Originally posted by guverment
http://www.newsday.com/news/daily/lidrag25.htm

get the info from the hometown paper

although my confidence in volvo's is a bit shaken. all that protection and still dead.
At the speed they were going at, I don't think any car would be safe, especially if its head on. That must've been like a 120MPH impact (assuming the Volvo was going 40)

And to answer BrianV's thread, I think Volvo's are nice.
Old 06-27-2001, 12:52 AM
PhatGuy

What a waste of life! All because they wanted to be red light heros!

Old 06-27-2001, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
What a waste of life! All because they wanted to be red light heros!

3 Month old 2001 lamborghini What was the Vette guy thinking! That guy is screwed! The wife was also in the lamborghini
Old 06-27-2001, 02:41 AM

And to answer BrianV's thread, I think Volvo's are nice.
I think the pic in your sig is nice. Were did you get it? It's a McLaren right? Back to the subject, definetely sad when things like this happen. Stay safe everyone.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:04 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry but thats stupid. How can you say this was caused by F&F? They said that the cars were near a theater that was playing F&F.. But what theater isnt?!? There is no evidence that it was caused by the movie. Please stop with this kind of propoganda. Street racing has been happening for a long time.. probably since the invention of the car. Same thing with violence in video games. You probably blame video games for all those high school shootings.. When you should blame parents.

ZuM

Originally posted by matt92gxe
Old 06-27-2001, 06:10 AM
Zam

This crash has nothing to do with the movie. I was watching the Today show(or whatever show Katie Kurik(sp?) is on). They were using the corvette and lambo crash for dramatics. It happened some time ago, but they never mentioned when.

The story went on to talk about some LA police guy that is in charge of stopping illegal street racing. They did have actual footage of a known LA racing spot. Had a civic and a couple trucks doing some runs. The cop said that they filmed it the night F&F opened, but who knows how true that is.

Oh yeah, every car in the crash was nice, except for the corvette that requires a Mullet to drive. And for those of us older folks (25) the volvo is very nice.
Old 06-27-2001, 06:19 AM

holy crap thats crazy,
thats just so uncool, the really sad part is the Father and kid in the volvo, thats ashame.
Old 06-27-2001, 07:35 AM

Don't you have to have a brain to afford a $300K car????

If I were the owner of the Lambo (wife or no wife in the car) I wouldn't entertain the Vette with a race. If I'm the owner of the Lambo the Vette should be honored to be in my prescence. How often do you see a 2001 Lambo VT next to you at the light. I dont care how fast the Vette is the Lambo is faster. So why entertain him with a race? Now the only reason I can see for tying movie and accident together are the foolish maneuvers that caused the accident. In F&F the guy in the Supra took the opposite side of traffic (crossed the double yellow) to pass slower traffic in his lane to try and edge out the Ferrari. Now if these fools were trying this then it could be understood how the media ties the movie to the accident. But you expect adults to be adults. Why not wait till the highway when traffic is light. I know if I wanna race someone I look for the best possible conditions. I'm only 21, what were these a$$holes thinking???? They give everyone a bad name when they do this crap. If you're an enthusiast, these two fools have just put another ***** in our collective armor.

GOD I HATE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just had to vent a little there.
Old 06-27-2001, 08:57 AM

I seriously doubt this incident was inspired by the F&F , but there will be some copy cats out there trying to re-enact scenes from the movie. This racing issue really strikes a nerve with me because in the month of May three people I knew died as a result of racing accidents , two of them weren't even driving . Racing is cool but keep it on the track. The guy in the Vette is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:04 AM

Re: Don't you have to have a brain to afford a $300K car????

Originally posted by 2ndMAX
If I were the owner of the Lambo (wife or no wife in the car) I wouldn't entertain the Vette with a race. If I'm the owner of the Lambo the Vette should be honored to be in my prescence. How often do you see a 2001 Lambo VT next to you at the light. I dont care how fast the Vette is the Lambo is faster. So why entertain him with a race? Now the only reason I can see for tying movie and accident together are the foolish maneuvers that caused the accident. In F&F the guy in the Supra took the opposite side of traffic (crossed the double yellow) to pass slower traffic in his lane to try and edge out the Ferrari. Now if these fools were trying this then it could be understood how the media ties the movie to the accident. But you expect adults to be adults. Why not wait till the highway when traffic is light. I know if I wanna race someone I look for the best possible conditions. I'm only 21, what were these a$$holes thinking???? They give everyone a bad name when they do this crap. If you're an enthusiast, these two fools have just put another ***** in our collective armor.

GOD I HATE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just had to vent a little there.

HEY MY TWIN!!!
Old 06-27-2001, 10:02 AM
pjalst

Wasn't some time ago

Crash didn't happen that long ago, It happened either last Saturday or Sunday.

Old 06-27-2001, 10:13 AM
Administrator

The Vette driver had 3 prior speed contest tickets and the lambo driver had 7 .. so i guess the F&F inspired those too huh?
Old 06-27-2001, 10:16 AM
PhatGuy

I'm very sorry to hear about your friends. Amen to keeping the racing on the track! There a just some people who think it is cool to race on city streets. Driving is a privilage not a right so if one of these phools hurts or kills someone in street racing I really hope they pay the price!

PS I feel that this particular race was not inspired directly from the F&F movie. However there will be tons of copy cats across north america and an "increase" in crashes and fatalities will occur! There are kids (not defined by age but as not mature enough) who just don't want to understand the consequences...especially to innocent people! I've been called annoying but it doesn't bother me. I've had friends die in race related crashes and one other in critical condition. Now what do you think is annoying??? I was almost killed in serious accident when I was kid so why can't people just learn from other peoples stupid mistakes? There was even one guy trying to say speed on city streets doesn't kill????

High speeds/racing on city streets = STUPID!

Originally posted by JiggsHall
I seriously doubt this incident was inspired by the F&F , but there will be some copy cats out there trying to re-enact scenes from the movie. This racing issue really strikes a nerve with me because in the month of May three people I knew died as a result of racing accidents , two of them weren't even driving . Racing is cool but keep it on the track. The guy in the Vette is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life.

Old 06-27-2001, 10:22 AM

this was stupidity at its best.
his wife was begging him not to race.
he was 30 years old.
Old 06-27-2001, 10:23 AM

Anyone who risks the lives of others to racein the streets should be sentanced to drive a CIVIC the rest of their life!

Jack
Old 06-27-2001, 11:08 AM

Re: Re: Don't you have to have a brain to afford a $300K car????

Originally posted by medicsonic

HEY MY TWIN!!!
Yeah, acccept for the fact that I'm not competing in a monster truck competition with my Max. Let me guess, you have a green sticker on the side that says "Green Monster".
Hahahahahaha! But hey since we're twins think we could share bottles? j/k

Lower that thing already, and send me a pic once you've finished with the kit.
Old 06-27-2001, 12:14 PM
pjalst

You don't have to have a brain to afford a $300K car...

Brains has nothing to do with having a $300K car, who knows how he got his money.

Inheritance
Rich wife
Court settlement(got hit by a Civic)
drug dealer
Lotto
Bank Hiest

You can ad to this list. Bottom line, High performance car don't equal High Performance brain.

Old 06-27-2001, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by Menacer

I think the pic in your sig is nice. Were did you get it? It's a McLaren right? Back to the subject, definetely sad when things like this happen. Stay safe everyone.
Thanks. I don't know where I got it from. I was going through my HD for pics and thought that one would be a good pic to post up. Yes, it's a McLaren F1.

As for the main topic, as most of you said, I don't think you can blame the accident solely on F&F. Both people had multiple speeding tickets. I would go as far as saying, they might have been influenced by it if either one of them watched it, but the accident was caused by the stupidity and lack of brains of both drivers. As a result of that, innocent people are dead. My take on it: if you take a life, you give your life.

Mike H.
Old 06-27-2001, 06:39 PM

they guy worked real hard for the car or so i read in the post.... he worked for a family owned Plumbing supply company... the word Mafia springs to mind... hahahahha

=P
Old 06-28-2001, 10:12 AM

Think I saw somewhere that the Vette guy was the plumber, and the Lamborghini guy was involved in construction.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:22 PM

Zumble said it perfectly..

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
Sorry but thats stupid. How can you say this was caused by F&F? They said that the cars were near a theater that was playing F&F.. But what theater isnt?!? There is no evidence that it was caused by the movie. Please stop with this kind of propoganda. Street racing has been happening for a long time.. probably since the invention of the car. Same thing with violence in video games. You probably blame video games for all those high school shootings.. When you should blame parents.

ZuM

Old 06-28-2001, 06:15 PM

Thanks. I don't know where I got it from. I was going through my HD for pics and thought that one would be a good pic to post up. Yes, it's a McLaren F1.

As for the main topic, as most of you said, I don't think you can blame the accident solely on F&F. Both people had multiple speeding tickets. I would go as far as saying, they might have been influenced by it if either one of them watched it, but the accident was caused by the stupidity and lack of brains of both drivers. As a result of that, innocent people are dead. My take on it: if you take a life, you give your life.

Mike H.
my uncle's boss has one of those. he keeps it at an airport. he took my uncle for a ride in it one day. my uncle said it was the quickest car anyone could ever imagine. i want a ride.