General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Ouch.....ticket last night:(..................

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 03:51 PM

Ok......I got a ticket for running a red. I didn't blast through the intersection. The light was changing and I was making a right. Bascially as I was turning the light went red. Ok.....so.....the fine is no biggie if I plead guilty. It will be 80 total. Now....what I'm worried about is how much could my insurance possibly go up?

Right now the car is under my parents name with me as the driver. I pay 90 bucks a month which is 100% of what the insurance went up to when we added me/my car. One ticket isn't going to double that is it? How much has your ins. gone up with violations? Can they drop me/my family for this? Its not like I had a crash.

Mike S.
Old 06-30-2001, 04:25 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

hmm

I got into the same exact episode as you, but I made an illegal right turn and the cop also threw in a red light which was total bull****. I fought it off luckily because the cop wrote "illegal left turn" when it was an illegal right

Where do you live? You should check with the local state laws I guess for moving violations, as in how much points you can get for that etc.....

A red light in NYC is 100$ + a 25$ fee for some other crap... I think you get 3 points here.
If this is your first points, and first moving violation, the insurance company probably won't be very harsh... I suggest you take some defensive driving classes, it's like 1 lecture and they remove 2-3 points from your license..

good luck, hope this helped somehow....