General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.
View Poll Results: in which days you love driving you max the most?
I love driving in hard Rainy days.
12.44%
I love driving when its snowing.
15.56%
I love driving on dry sunny days.
68.44%
I love driving when its hailing.
4.44%
All of the above.
10.67%
None of the above,
4.00%
others as i replied.
2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Under which weather condition do you love driving your max.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 07:21 PM
2002 maxima se

Under which weather condition do you love driving your max.

i like driving on snow without chains and once my max got skid and ended up on the opposite side of the road. what about you guys? please vote or share your recent or previous experience you had while driving in snow, rain, or hail.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:32 PM

Woo Hoo first one to post!!!!

Obviously (at least to me it is obvious) SUNNY DAYS!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Puniverse

what is snow?? lol dont see much of that in texas

the best for me is a nice sunny day with the windows down and the sunroof open
Old 12-17-2006, 12:34 PM

No doubt RockOn!,

Is there any other way to enjoy driving an unbridled beast?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Reppin' the 216

Live in Ohio. Hate snow. LOVE SUN! Want to move out of this sh|t state.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:43 PM

hail??? wtf?
Old 12-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've only had my max a few months. I haven't enjoyed a California summer with it yet. Once I do I'm sure it'll be the summer.

At this point though I'd have to say the late afternoons, around 5PM when a chilly cold front moves in. It's still sunny out but there is a brisk chill in the air. The max seems to thrive in this type of chill.

Edit: I did take a trip from the North Bay Area down to the central valley back in November when we had heavy fog...That was my second favorite driving condition to date.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:19 PM

I enjoy driving through the 30 Mi. Kangamangas Mountain range Highway
in New Hampshire on a brist Autum or Winter day.....beautiful!!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 03:40 PM
2002 maxima se

I also love driving through california big bear mountains when its snowing. has anyone been to big bear ca? its a great place to drive.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:07 PM
retired moderator

Old 12-17-2006, 06:22 PM

i hate driving with even a little bit of rain on the ground.. i cant get the traction i want when i start off hard.. i cant even downshift without the wheels spinning like crazy
Old 12-17-2006, 07:07 PM

i like driving my max when some jerk off tail gates me and i have to floor it and leave him in the dust
Old 12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

love winter driving.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by OC guy
I also love driving through california big bear mountains when its snowing. has anyone been to big bear ca? its a great place to drive.
I had my honeymoon there!

It is nice up there!

Swee
Old 12-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I only like driving my Maxima on rainy Tuesdays. Any other day, I hate it.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:15 PM

the e-brake is my best friend on snowy days
Old 12-17-2006, 10:48 PM

My car doesnt move if its raining
Old 12-18-2006, 08:26 AM
You embarrass me.

Sunny, but not hot. Humidity and extreme temps make the car bog. Prefer a nice 60 - 70 degree day with the sun out. Car pulls, the windows and sunroof down.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM
+Cru OG

No night driving, no care.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:54 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I like a nice crispy cold dry morning drive,if anyone has drivin a VE5 in cold weather,they know what i mean..
Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 AM

While driving slightly intoxicated, with the girlfriend at the time (now wife),
taking Devon ave. eastbound at wee hours on wet, rainy asphalt, I made a mistake. The mistake that I made wasn't a grave one, albeit it was LARGE.

We were on our way back from friend's b-day party and i was screwing around... Slightly bold tires and I would jerk the steering wheel on every turn I would have to make, thus producing a slight slide and bit of oversteer.
Needless to say, it was fun. Then girlfriend at the time (now wife) thought it wasn't so funny...

In between Harlem and Milwaukee ave's on Devon, there's a slight drop pared with a left turn (for those that know the area). I was doing 30-40 mph, already too fast for conditions and tires and jerked the wheel. Mind you, it was a slight jerk, yet I guess the timing was absolutely dead-on right (or wrong) in my case, because it resulted in a perfect 180 slide on the oposite side of the road, right in between! two cars (oposite traffic). We finished up right up against the curb, in between two parked cars.
It was unbelievable, like a perfectly executed commercial; perfect 180 slide, in between two oncoming cars, finishing in between two parked cars against the curb. People in the 2nd car that passed (some teenagers) were holering and screeming at us... thinking that it was a deliberate slide.... which it wasn't.
We just sat there, speechless for good 2-3 minutes. Heavy, excited breaths and blank stare right in front of us. My girlfriend at the time (now wife) (although, the point of this story is NOT that if you drive like that, you'll get married ) known for her completely innocent, yet outrageously funny comments, just muttered a weak "F U axehole, YOU are so stupid...!" type of sentence. Finally, I just quitely made a U-turn and left, driving absolutely like a 80-year old granny all the way home. Next week, I bought new tires and stopped driving like that. That's probably the weirdest unintentional thing that happaned to me in the car.
Then there are few intentional ones...
One comes to mind. 120 mph westbound on I-88 (towards Moline) with 3 passengers in rain. Passed a few cars on the shoulder (the ribbed kind) and the resulting slide. Then the grave silence in the car as we slid. Perfectly controlable slide though. The grave silence and the absence of any comments, curses, threats or mentioning of that event of any kind by me or my friends in the car... That's funny.

Driving side-by-side with friend in his pontiac Grand Prix at speeds of 120-140mph at night on a hightway I-88 again. We drove like that for more then an hour. Like video game... That was long time ago. We were young.

My first ticket ever ...on.. you guessed it, I-88... Saturday morning 12:30AM, going to Chicago and, wanting to race a vehicle behind me. We accelerated from 100mph. It was a cop. Clocked me at 107.

There are a few others.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by maxihari77SE96
While driving slightly intoxicated, with the girlfriend at the time (now wife),
taking Devon ave. eastbound at wee hours on wet, rainy asphalt, I made a mistake. The mistake that I made wasn't a grave one, albeit it was LARGE.

We were on our way back from friend's b-day party and i was screwing around... Slightly bold tires and I would jerk the steering wheel on every turn I would have to make, thus producing a slight slide and bit of oversteer.
Needless to say, it was fun. Then girlfriend at the time (now wife) thought it wasn't so funny...

In between Harlem and Milwaukee ave's on Devon, there's a slight drop pared with a left turn (for those that know the area). I was doing 30-40 mph, already too fast for conditions and tires and jerked the wheel. Mind you, it was a slight jerk, yet I guess the timing was absolutely dead-on right (or wrong) in my case, because it resulted in a perfect 180 slide on the oposite side of the road, right in between! two cars (oposite traffic). We finished up right up against the curb, in between two parked cars.
It was unbelievable, like a perfectly executed commercial; perfect 180 slide, in between two oncoming cars, finishing in between two parked cars against the curb. People in the 2nd car that passed (some teenagers) were holering and screeming at us... thinking that it was a deliberate slide.... which it wasn't.
We just sat there, speechless for good 2-3 minutes. Heavy, excited breaths and blank stare right in front of us. My girlfriend at the time (now wife) (although, the point of this story is NOT that if you drive like that, you'll get married ) known for her completely innocent, yet outrageously funny comments, just muttered a weak "F U axehole, YOU are so stupid...!" type of sentence. Finally, I just quitely made a U-turn and left, driving absolutely like a 80-year old granny all the way home. Next week, I bought new tires and stopped driving like that. That's probably the weirdest unintentional thing that happaned to me in the car.
Then there are few intentional ones...
One comes to mind. 120 mph westbound on I-88 (towards Moline) with 3 passengers in rain. Passed a few cars on the shoulder (the ribbed kind) and the resulting slide. Then the grave silence in the car as we slid. Perfectly controlable slide though. The grave silence and the absence of any comments, curses, threats or mentioning of that event of any kind by me or my friends in the car... That's funny.

Driving side-by-side with friend in his pontiac Grand Prix at speeds of 120-140mph at night on a hightway I-88 again. We drove like that for more then an hour. Like video game... That was long time ago. We were young.

My first ticket ever ...on.. you guessed it, I-88... Saturday morning 12:30AM, going to Chicago and, wanting to race a vehicle behind me. We accelerated from 100mph. It was a cop. Clocked me at 107.

There are a few others.
Two things:
1. It's people like you that keep insurance rates too fuggin high. From all of us non-idiots, Thanks.

2. Because nothing has happened this can't be taken too literally but do you not have any respect for other people's life? I don't mean to sound like your mother but drive like an @sshole all you want by yourself or when no one is on the road, but with passengers and a highway with other drivers WTF?

Whats so cool about this type of garbage? You're more lucky than funny or cool.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:15 AM

haha I didn't say I was funny nor cool.
Just plain stupid. I second that! I was just much younger, young man. Paid my dues as well.

I merely told this story more as an example of what not to do.

And do not let the society and the corporate world brainwash you into thinking that WE (as customers, cosumers, users) are responsible for THEM controlling prices on goods and services. One exception to that is the law of demand and supply.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Tha Snatcher

Cold fall days.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:21 PM

the best time to drive is right after it stops raining... and the sun is just starting to peek through.. so it's bright with no glare..
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM

In the sun...almost all year round.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:56 PM

whoever made this poll.. must've been real bored
Old 12-20-2006, 08:17 AM

i like fog esp with my other car, top down fun! after a few rain experiences with myother car, I have learned to enjoy driving my Maxima in rain. Much more capable (non-oem tires of course).
Old 12-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Mmm, fresh lobster

Big fan of driving on cold rainy days in the fall (a nice steady rain where you ain't gotta fiddle with your intermitents). Being all warm and dry and snug as a bug and shyt. Being dialed into a song, watching all the peaked leaves fall all around. That's money for me.

Course sunshine and snow have their uniquely lovely moments too. Hail can kiss my *** though. I gotta nuf dings as it is.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:59 PM

i like the weather during the fall in the bay area. mid to upper 60s! PERFECT DRIVING WEATHER!!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:02 PM

Why would anyone love to drive in any other weather but dry and sunny?? Only if necessary or in case you get cought up in it while driving somewhere.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:46 AM

The only time that my car moves is on the sunny nice days. Hot or Cold as long as it is sunny. For the bad days I have the beater work truck....
Old 12-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Rt. 8 from CT up to MA on a 65 defree October day with the sun shining. It's my dream come true.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:42 PM

ive had my max for over a year now and have experienced various types of weather conditions and i gotta say..... i just like driving period!

short story:
once coming back home on the I-5 at about 3am, it was just POURING i mean hurricane status....for some reason the wild side of me came out (or hysteria due to lack of sleep) and i pushed the car to over 100...soon after i started hydroplaning....oh man i love that sorta-but-not really-in control feeling .....also, i noticed a dip in the hwy coming up, i slowed to about 65 and when i got closer i saw there was a huge pool of water....my car bogged right into it and water splashed id say about 30 ft in the air!...my car also slowed down immediately from 65 to 35!......was afraid id get stuck but it was friggen cool!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:13 PM

I love overcast for normal driving. Hate sunny causes headaches. If there's an empty parking lot, raining is nice
Old 12-22-2006, 07:23 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by maximomar
ive had my max for over a year now and have experienced various types of weather conditions and i gotta say..... i just like driving period!

short story:
once coming back home on the I-5 at about 3am, it was just POURING i mean hurricane status....for some reason the wild side of me came out (or hysteria due to lack of sleep) and i pushed the car to over 100...soon after i started hydroplaning....oh man i love that sorta-but-not really-in control feeling .....also, i noticed a dip in the hwy coming up, i slowed to about 65 and when i got closer i saw there was a huge pool of water....my car bogged right into it and water splashed id say about 30 ft in the air!...my car also slowed down immediately from 65 to 35!......was afraid id get stuck but it was friggen cool!!!
welcome to org.
we never had hurricane type of weather in orange county all i have experiened is damn sunny lol i wish there was hard rain, snow, hurricanes type of weather in anaheim so i could enjoy driving. btw are you totall stock?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:25 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by 96i30azn
I love overcast for normal driving. Hate sunny causes headaches. If there's an empty parking lot, raining is nice
should we say that we hate cali4nia? to be honest i dont like sunny aswell.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:50 AM

Interesting question, but after Friday night I know the answer. Pouring rain.

My g/f and I needed to go to north Jersey, and would have to avg. 60 mph to meet a deadline. Pop quiz, do we take the BMW, or Maxima?

I'm actually not even sure how a high performance tire does in the rain, so Maxima it was, with the 18" A/S tires. Thanks to the Max, we got there with 15 min. to spare. Very confident driving it in the pouring rain, even though after the BMW xenons, I feel as if driving at night with the Max, there are no headlights at all! That's 1998 vs. 2007 lighting technology I guess.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by OC guy
welcome to org.
we never had hurricane type of weather in orange county all i have experiened is damn sunny lol i wish there was hard rain, snow, hurricanes type of weather in anaheim so i could enjoy driving. btw are you totall stock?
thanks OC, yea we dont get much of that weather here but i was driving home from visting my friend in san diego last winter

unfortunately i am stock cept tint all around...typical bum college student.....i WAS saving up to at least get a y-pipe and intake and/or new springs.....but just recently i had to replace both front rotors/pads, spark plugs and i will be replacing 3 ignition coils..couldnt of happened at a worse time......also got a nice present at school parking lot, a scuffed/scratched bumper so needless to say my plans are delayed....heres hoping for some christmas green

heh i also hate sunny days, cant count how many times i get blinded by glare!!....also agree w/ frank, car feels great in rain....just gotta lay off the throttle on take offs
Old 12-23-2006, 02:24 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by maximomar
thanks OC, yea we dont get much of that weather here but i was driving home from visting my friend in san diego last winter

unfortunately i am stock cept tint all around...typical bum college student.....i WAS saving up to at least get a y-pipe and intake and/or new springs.....but just recently i had to replace both front rotors/pads, spark plugs and i will be replacing 3 ignition coils..couldnt of happened at a worse time......also got a nice present at school parking lot, a scuffed/scratched bumper so needless to say my plans are delayed....heres hoping for some christmas green

heh i also hate sunny days, cant count how many times i get blinded by glare!!....also agree w/ frank, car feels great in rain....just gotta lay off the throttle on take offs
ya these are the only negative points our maxima's have and i hate when these things goes bad.just few months back i was ending up replacing several things on my max such as all 6 coils, MAF, new plugs, new pads, new struts, new battery, new alternator, PCV valve and few years ago i replaced all 02 sensors plus the services such as tranny flush, oil change, throttle body clean, radiator flush etc etc. now you can imagine that how much i have already spent on my car. but i tell you what bro now my car runs like a brand new car so now i think that all i spent was realy worth it. btw i installed the coils, plugs, pcv valve and the maf which saved me alot of labor cost. so if you dont know how to install these things in your car dont pay the mechanic because its realy easy and i might can help you out afterall we live in the same city. and btw a friend of mine from ORG. was selling me 2 rarely used tokiko struts with 2 eibach springs for front only for $100 so if you ever planned to get used struts or springs i might can hook you up if they are still available. anyway dont get the coils from local dealer because they charge way more than dealers in outside of california. i also got a friend of mine that can install rotors and pads if you ever need them in future. and yes i am all stock too xcept tint and indash dvd player. lol

Quick Reply: Under which weather condition do you love driving your max.