General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

monster tach

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 08:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

does anybody have a monster tach w/ shift light? is it hard to hook up? i just ordered one from summit. i got the phantom series 5" monster tach w/ shift light. mainly just for show. but it will be functional. i would like to hook it up myself, but if its a bear i will let my "tuner" to do it. yea right. lol. shadytree meachanics, haha, i am humoring myself. also the new sub i bought died after 2 days, it was defective. so i just had a new one installed. also i got the ps2 last night, i can use this as a dvd player also in the car after i get a monitor. i am going to have my cousin cut the panels for my rear trunk deck, since he has a carpenter shop, so i can make the trunk look half way descent, and mount the sub and amp securely. i'll let you guys know how the tach install goes. later and have a good one.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:46 PM
Disco Biscuit

Well, I'm not sure about the Tach, but I have a feeling it's the same wiring setup as for the shiftlight. 3 wires? red, black and green? I just installed the AutoMeter shift light 2 days ago on my steering colum behind the wheel, setting betwen the gauges. Looks perfect there. Just sits there and smiles at me. I want a smilie face on the shift light cover. <-just like that!
Here are some instructions for the shiftlight. Very easy install. took me less than 30 min. to do it. G'luck!!

http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/rpmshiftlite.html
www.maximadriver.com is great. Just go to the How2 section for alot of install tips.....
Old 07-07-2001, 07:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

tank you

i didn't think you cared. actually this is a great start. i do appreciate the help, have a good one and may you win.