General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima Musings and Ramblings

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 05:38 AM
Administrator

what is important to you?

why do you mod?

Do you mod for the sense of sig building? or do you mod to make your car faster?

I have pondered this for quite sometime.. now i know have my flame suit ready because everyone says.. be quiet.. buy this buy that.. we need aftermarket support for the maxima.. because we don't have any..

But does this really mean i must buy every bolt on avaible to my car that will serve little or no purpose just for the need for aftermarket support? are my ********* really in the hands of the aftermarket manufacturers that i must spend my hard earn cash in some light that they will continute to support me and make a sensible gain mod in the future? I don't know about that.

Now i have seen people with 8 performance Bolt ons slower than people with 3.. bolt on's meaning no NOS, no Supercharger, no Turbo Charger.. and i wonder.. So you built your sig with alot of useless stuff but are you really happy that the guy with the same model year car and same transmission has a 3 word sig and his car is faster than you?

It seems that alot of people are dogs chasing their own tails... they buy this and they buy that.. and when the day is over.. they are not much faster than they were before.. so what are you? are you a Tuner? or are you a sig builder?

Now this is not directed at anyone.. its just been an observation i have seen on this forum for sometime... and when i speak of mods .. i am talking about performance.. all this post i have spoke about performance mods.. I am not talking Altezza's, clear corners, springs/struts, or any cosmetic mods.. I am talking about things that the manufacturer has told you would make your car faster and for some reason it really hasn't done much.. I am talkin gto the guy who spent $3000 on performance bolt on's and the guy who spent $700 ... just my deep Maxima thoughts..

Thank you and good day

N.B. Not directed at anyone in particular.. flame me if you want.. these are just my deep thoughts
Old 07-13-2001, 06:15 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

This would seem to be a distinction between "tuner" or "enthusiast" and just "ricer". Now we all have our different definitions and issues with the term "ricer". But I think we all agree that it is used to refer to a person who does just what you talked about. Someone who buys stuff just to add to his list of mods. The true tuner or enthusiast adds or removes equipment to their car with a specific functional goal in mind. That goal my be absolute performance, fun, good looks, comfort, utility, or whatever.

The distinction may be less secific than that, though. The tuner/enthusiast mods their car to meet their personal goals or needs. The ricer mods their car to be cool to others.

I think...I may have to ponder all of this some more.
Old 07-13-2001, 06:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good point... I don't think too many people are only trying to get a bigger sig, but it may be true to an extent. I know that I am still hesitant to talk about my intake because although it raised my MPH, my 1/4 times did not change (yet). I mod to look cool (the appearance) and to go faster and sound meaner. I don't think I would ever buy a mod that I didn't think would do any of the above.
Old 07-13-2001, 06:42 AM

And now deep thoughts by Dustyroads....

You guys are some deep S.O.B.'s!! I got nothing but love for ya!! I agree with mzmtg about the true tuner/enthusiast. I haven't done any significant mods myself (y-pipe, CAI, exhaust), but when I do, I will be doing it to ehance the performance of my Max and also to add my own personal style to it. Everyone likes different things, some people like a big loud ehaust and other like a nice quite one. It's all about what you want to do and what you want out of your Max. If you are satisfied with a car that has a good amount of pull and a bit of get-up-and-go, then stock might be the way for you. If you want a car that has a deeper growl and overalll meaner sound, then some intake and ehaust work is the way to go. You have to please yourself with all the cash you spend on your car, so do what you like and pardon my french here, but to hell with what anyone else thinks.

Ricers also buy stuff to mod the car and get minimal gains or no gains at all, but it's somethign they saw someone else have on their ride, so they need to add it as well. A lot of them also have no idea what a certain mod does to the car so the performance is actually enhanced. I'm not saying that you have to be an engine guru to mod your car, but do you know what a CAI increases the performance of you car?? I would doubt that many "ricers" would actually know the answer. Their answer would be I saw it on so-and-so's car and I just had to have it!! One thing would be stickers (even stickers for equipment they don't even have!!) this is in parallel with the sig building, you put a bunch of stickers on your ride and everyone is like, whoa his car must be fast!!! Another is gaudy exterior mods, like wings that scorch the sky and body kits that scrape the ground. Some things look nice and some things look out of control. But again you have to do what you want to do, so if what you like looks like rice to someone else that's their problem, not yours.

Ok, I have rambled for even longer than Sprint did, so I'll shut up. Again thanks guys for your deep thoughts.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:00 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Dusty is on the right track as well. The tuner knows what, the why, and (most importantly) the how of modding. I dont have as much respect for the guys that just go to a shop and give them their car and a pile of money. "I dont care how or why it works, just tell me its faster and cooler than it was before." This happens...a lot.

My fiance had a good observation at one car show. She knows that I like doing work myself and that making my car faster or nicer (to me) is only fun if I do it myself. After seeing all the totally wild and custom cars she asked, "How do they do all that stuff?" I said, "Most of them have paid to have the work done." "Why cant they do it themselves?" "They dont have the time, skills, or motivation." "So this is just a show of who has more money?" She was on to something.

Lots of really custom cars just become displays of money, not enthusiasm, passion or tuning skills.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:19 AM

I'm not directing this towards anyone in particular either. If performance is all you want, why buy a Maxima in the first place? Given the Maxima is a pretty quick car for what it is. Sure, your car might be faster than mine, but so what? It's not all about speed. I used to have an old Chevy Nova. Even with a supercharger, nitrous, or whatever, that car would still rip a Maxima apart. However, it looked like a POS. So, speed isn't everything. As far as the long signature, who cares. It's their business what they put in it. I generally do not even notice most signatures. I understand the point though. I have notice my sig is getting bigger and bigger. I too, want to tone it down. Although, I have nothing against people with lot of mods in their signature, whether it's performance or otherwise. It's their choice. Maybe if I get my supercharger, I'll get rid of those stuff. Who cares about the other stuff when you have a supercharger. Like most of the others, the reason why we got a Maxima in the first place is probably to be a bit different, right? I got the Maxima because it looks good, good reliability, comfortable, and has decent power. If speed was all I was looking for, I would have got a 300ZXTT instead. Btw, just a note, I might be able to get that 300ZXTT now.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:33 AM
Administrator

First off .. let me say.. I said performance... no stickers.. no body kit.. nothing like that.. i am talking only performance applications we are told that will make our cars faster..

Cumalot .. lets not use the why buy a maxima.. buy this.. thats faster..this and that.. we are on a maxima forum and we are modding maxima's.. thats my deep thoughts.. i am looking at people modding maxima's..

like i said before.. this has nothing to do with speed or anything..

the thought is.. 8 bolt on's - $3000 .. 3 bolt on's - $700 .. the 3 bolt on car is faster .. the 8 bolt on car is slower.. same year, same transmission .. same everything..

why are people interested in useless bolt on's? is it sig building? why?

i think you guys strayed away from my focus here..
Old 07-13-2001, 07:54 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by SprintMax

why are people interested in useless bolt on's? is it sig building? why?

i think you guys strayed away from my focus here..

If it is really a useless bolt-on, and the person knows it, the situation may be exactly as you describe it. "My car will be cooler (to others) if it has X, Y, and Z on it." Regardless of whether or not X, Y, and Z provide any real performance benefit.

You can apply my previous comments to any vehicle and any type of equipment.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:58 AM

to get back on your subject:

A company that makes a poor mod is not going to say that

A maxima owner who adds a poor mod is not going to announce his mistake (most of the time)

Many times people don't dyno before and after adding mods to a car

Intake mods have to do with airflow and a dyno can not show a true gain (i.e. pop vs. CAI) because the car is not moving)

People often assume that because one type of mod works well on one type of car, they will also see that gain on a maxima if they do the same mod)
Old 07-13-2001, 08:22 AM

at any rate, my sig is the best.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:57 AM

My take:
People have seen my threads in which i say it is useless to do bolt on performance mods on auto maxima's and this and that. Truth be told "I" mod my maxima as a hobby, I love cars and even though I am an electrical engineer, learning about cars never ceases to amaze me. At first i listed my mods and I was proud of them, at this point it really doesn't matter because it doesn't make a difference. I like the CAI MUCH MORE for the sound it gives then the performance enhancements. Modding my car is something i like to do on a lazy saturday afternoon.

Sprintmax this should answer your question, bolt on's are not for my sig or my track numbers or my ego. It's a hobby and I enjoy doing it. Any mod i put on my car is paid for with EXCESS money that i can afford to waste. I don't spend my paycheck on my car.

as far as 8 or 3 bolt ons, it comes down to people not doing research before they buy mods. I drove my maxima stock for 2 months before buying a CAI and then 6 months before a ypipe. and then i searched for rims 2 months before i bought them.

Does this answer your deep thoughts Sprintmax?

Ant
Old 07-13-2001, 09:03 AM

the thought is.. 8 bolt on's - $3000 .. 3 bolt on's - $700 .. the 3 bolt on car is faster .. the 8 bolt on car is slower.. same year, same transmission .. same everything..

Getting interesting. Like to share who these two people are? I wonder how could the other car be faster with less bolt ons? Are the bolt ons you're talking about for the other slower more cosmetic(not sure if cosmetic mods can be consider as bolt ons)? Then, I agree with your point. That's one reason why I'm going toward performance more now. Cosmetic mods don't do jack to help me go faster.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:05 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mzmtg
Dusty is on the right track as well. The tuner knows what, the why, and (most importantly) the how of modding. I dont have as much respect for the guys that just go to a shop and give them their car and a pile of money. "I dont care how or why it works, just tell me its faster and cooler than it was before." This happens...a lot.

My fiance had a good observation at one car show. She knows that I like doing work myself and that making my car faster or nicer (to me) is only fun if I do it myself.
Bingo, you took the words right out of my mouth. Whether or not a performance mod does anything at all you still have the gratfication of putting it on yourself. Modding is a hobby and doing your own work makes it more enjoyable.
just my $.02
Old 07-13-2001, 09:08 AM
Administrator

for the 100th time NO COSMETIC MODS

pure performance...

Originally posted by Cumalot

Getting interesting. Like to share who these two people are? I wonder how could the other car be faster with less bolt ons? Are the bolt ons you're talking about for the other slower more cosmetic(not sure if cosmetic mods can be consider as bolt ons)? Then, I agree with your point. That's one reason why I'm going toward performance more now. Cosmetic mods don't do jack to help me go faster.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:18 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

pure performance...

I dont think you can have this discussion about performance mods only. It's really a question about modding in general.

"Why do people add mods that dont do anything?" That is the question.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:21 AM

pure performance...

Hm...now I'm confused. How is it possible for the car with less mods be faster than the car with more mods? Especially, now that I understand you're talking about performance mods only. Maybe it's the driver?
Old 07-13-2001, 09:32 AM
Administrator

how hard is it to believe.. do you know how many 1 and 2 hp mods people have on this forum? .. no its not the driver..

how about the JET ECU that yields a whooping 0 hp

Originally posted by Cumalot

Hm...now I'm confused. How is it possible for the car with less mods be faster than the car with more mods? Especially, now that I understand you're talking about performance mods only. Maybe it's the driver?
Old 07-13-2001, 09:44 AM

Yet again...Deep Thoughts by DustyRoads

I apologize for my comments last post, obviously I went the wrong direction with my deep thoughts. So you want to know why someone would put on 8 bolts-ons when 3 bolt-ons would get him even better performance. Well, I would have to agree with Ant on his observations, they don't properly research and I will have to reiterate what I said before about not really knowing what a mod can do for your car. Certain mods can negate the performance increase from other mods. One has to research and get the "numbers" whether it would be data sheets or dyno runs to prove improvements. Since I'm stock for the most part, K&N drop in filter, all I can offer would be my guess. The 8 bolt-on guy was either mis-informed about his mods, or he is a 'sig-builder' as you refer to. The 3 bolt-on guy is a well informed enthusiast that is interested in performance per dollar spent. And that's the bottom line, cause Dusty said so!!
Old 07-13-2001, 09:46 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Well, some poeple do mod there car to make their sig bigger..... hell, i did for a while. I am truely starting to mod for performance.

Yes, i have modded for looks, but i want to be faster....
everyone talks about burnin other cars... it is an ego trip for some..

my car had been more or less stock performance wise for two years now.. i know how fast i can go...
i want to know how has i can go....with the performance mods.... for me it will be driving a new car again...
Old 07-13-2001, 09:47 AM

Well, I used to race RC cars when I was younger(I know we're talkin about Maximas but there is a point to make here) and won many trophies in Staten Island and in Bensonhurst at the local tracks. My cars weren't the best looking but I had one focus in modifying my racers, to make them fast, reliable and light(without being disqualified). Any mod I added to the car focused on all of these three things. I used to see people at the track with stuck up attitudes showing of all kinds of crap, even things they create from scratch. Some of the guys were doing this for performance and testing reasons and mostly everyone else did it to be part of the crowd. When it came to running the cars I was always out front because of the testing I had done(Which makes me think about Don in Texas). You ever notice he doesn't give out a lot of info about his mods? I think he know what kind of people are out there because of the track scene.
When I start do mod my Max, it will be all performance related. Mainly because I don't have anywhere that it would be safe to park it with out someone trying to steal it if I go for all looks. I feel I won't do any performance mods until I see a product that will give me the gains I am looking for overall.

Spint, I wasn't out and out racing with you and Medic on the way back from LSP but I feel my stocker has what it takes to hang with any N/A Max just because of driving style and I know you and Medic feel the same way about this subject too.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:58 AM
PhatGuy

It is very subjective but I agree some people feel they need everything and that makes them fast.

I myself have sts, rsb, fstb, y-pipe and intake. I like the way my car handles now, enjoy the shifting a lot more, love the sound of the intake, and went with the y-pipe since it was proven to increase the power without making the car loud and it is an easy bolt on. $500+ cat back for a couple of HP makes no sense to me. Maybe for the looks and sound ($500??) but not for the possible HP increase.

I now question the stillen intake I have on and did some custom work to better the performance (IMO).

Other than springs i think I'm pretty much done with modding this car...maybe go with a true CAI. I can see how modding can become addictive and some people feel they gotta do more and can't be happy with what they got or gotta have everything (bling bling attitude).

I still think the best performance mod for anyone whether maxima, geo, porsche etc... Is to go to racing school for a summer or at least the weekend courses. Learning how to performance drive properly is the best mod by far!!!! Money well spent! There are a lot of racer wannabes on the road who think they are good performance drivers because their car is fast and modded. These guys get destroyed on a real race track that actually has corners!

Old 07-13-2001, 11:09 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by PhatGuy

I still think the best performance mod for anyone whether maxima, geo, porsche etc... Is to go to racing school for a summer or at least the weekend courses. Learning how to performance drive properly is the best mod by far!!!! Money well spent! There are a lot of racer wannabes on the road who think they are good performance drivers because their car is fast and modded. These guys get destroyed on a real race track that actually has corners!

AMEN BROTHER!
Old 07-13-2001, 11:29 AM
I'm needing a caw

I'm pure tuner. All of my mods are performance oriented.
Eibachs/tokicos/Addco RSB/17s
Y pipe(prototyped VE) RT cat, custom cat-back Y2K muffler, modifed flex section and ball joint exhaust connections.
Lightened stock flywheel, JWT cone filter, SMC short shifter.

No bulbs, stock stereo, no tint, nothing.

In fact the only sticker I ordered is the maxima.org one.
Old 07-13-2001, 04:45 PM

how hard is it to believe.. do you know how many 1 and 2 hp mods people have on this forum? .. no its not the driver..

how about the JET ECU that yields a whooping 0 hp

Ok, I got you now. I understand your point.

Speaking of non useful mod, how about that Tornado intake thing?
Old 07-13-2001, 05:10 PM

Feel the sig.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:04 PM

Sprint, I completely agree with you about the useless mods posts, but the problem is that some of the 'performance mods' in general are purely for virtually cosmetics reasons. A perfect example of this is the cone intake in automatic (don't go there) Maximas or aftermarket exhausts. Does it provide any noticable improvement? Not that anyone has found out. Does it sound cool? Yes, and that is why most of the auto owners have it on there car still. I personally believe that cosmetic mods are really good and don't have to be justified to anyone, but EVERY performance mod should be for a clear reason with proven results. This is exactly why I have been slow on the performace mods, I truly wanted to investigate the advantages/disadvantages of such systems. I picked NOS. Why? It was a proven effective mod. I'm going SC in a little while. Why? It is a proven mod. The VB is a proven mod, along with the Y-pipe, to a smaller extent. However, upon investigation the performance gains recieved after doing exhaust work on a NA Maxima have been pretty much unproven, so therefore, they will not be on my car anytime soon.
Deezo, totally agree with ya, 95% of the time, it comes down to the driver.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:38 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I'm pretty much a tuner. I don't want ANYTHING on my car that's aftermarket that will slow me down. That's why I got rid of my heavy 17s. However, I do have comestic stuff like lightweight wheels, smoked out taillights and turn signals, after market foglights, front lip spoiler, shift **** and pedals, no emblems, and painted dash pieces.

I mod for:

Hobby
Track
Ego

I'm not gonna lie, having a quick Maxima that beats up on some other quicker cars does boost my ego a bit. I'm not cocky about my car, but I do love it when I get the infamous "what is that thing?" or when I beat a Mustang GT in front of a crowd at the track or when I hole shot an LS1 F-Body all the way to the 1/8th mile. I also get a kick out of all the stares and thumbs up from people range from the teens to the 40s. My car is my true hobby.

As for guys running quicker with less, don't forget that track location and conditions can attribute to a lot of the difference. I am almost certain that if I ran in the northeast or in Houston I could bust out a 14.4 quite easily with what I've got right now. And as always, driver plays the biggest role.

Dave
Old 07-13-2001, 10:08 PM

what is important to you?

why do you mod?

Do you mod for the sense of sig building? or do you mod to make your car faster?

I have pondered this for quite sometime.. now i know have my flame suit ready because everyone says.. be quiet.. buy this buy that.. we need aftermarket support for the maxima.. because we don't have any..

But does this really mean i must buy every bolt on avaible to my car that will serve little or no purpose just for the need for aftermarket support? are my ********* really in the hands of the aftermarket manufacturers that i must spend my hard earn cash in some light that they will continute to support me and make a sensible gain mod in the future? I don't know about that.

Now i have seen people with 8 performance Bolt ons slower than people with 3.. bolt on's meaning no NOS, no Supercharger, no Turbo Charger.. and i wonder.. So you built your sig with alot of useless stuff but are you really happy that the guy with the same model year car and same transmission has a 3 word sig and his car is faster than you?

It seems that alot of people are dogs chasing their own tails... they buy this and they buy that.. and when the day is over.. they are not much faster than they were before.. so what are you? are you a Tuner? or are you a sig builder?

Now this is not directed at anyone.. its just been an observation i have seen on this forum for sometime... and when i speak of mods .. i am talking about performance.. all this post i have spoke about performance mods.. I am not talking Altezza's, clear corners, springs/struts, or any cosmetic mods.. I am talking about things that the manufacturer has told you would make your car faster and for some reason it really hasn't done much.. I am talkin gto the guy who spent $3000 on performance bolt on's and the guy who spent $700 ... just my deep Maxima thoughts..

Thank you and good day

N.B. Not directed at anyone in particular.. flame me if you want.. these are just my deep thoughts
I modify my car just cause, and I'd rather waste my money on my car than anything else.

I modify for the sense of just being able to work on my car.

I study modifications to actually see if it will improve something or just iritate me.

I modify for basic fun. working on things and solving mechanical issues or making mechanical issues is my function in life among other things.

I modify not to impress others, but to busy my spare time, and enjoy the inner workings of the process.

I modify sometimes just to have said I did it.

Why do we do this? I beleive most of it is trend. However I beleive it serves a purpose yet not known to me.

nice topic.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:22 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I'm pretty much a tuner. I don't want ANYTHING on my car that's aftermarket that will slow me down. That's why I got rid of my heavy 17s. However, I do have comestic stuff like lightweight wheels, smoked out taillights and turn signals, after market foglights, front lip spoiler, shift **** and pedals, no emblems, and painted dash pieces.

I mod for:

Hobby
Track
Ego

I'm not gonna lie, having a quick Maxima that beats up on some other quicker cars does boost my ego a bit. I'm not cocky about my car, but I do love it when I get the infamous "what is that thing?" or when I beat a Mustang GT in front of a crowd at the track or when I hole shot an LS1 F-Body all the way to the 1/8th mile. I also get a kick out of all the stares and thumbs up from people range from the teens to the 40s. My car is my true hobby.

As for guys running quicker with less, don't forget that track location and conditions can attribute to a lot of the difference. I am almost certain that if I ran in the northeast or in Houston I could bust out a 14.4 quite easily with what I've got right now. And as always, driver plays the biggest role.

Dave
Old 07-13-2001, 10:39 PM
Chillboy

I mod to be a punk and a pimp. i personally try to balance my performance mods with cosmetics. sometimes it just depends on the mood. yeah, i want to go fast, but i also want to turn heads at the same time, you know what i mean? yeah it feels good when you kill someone on the road, but to me, it also feels good when someone comes upto you and says, "i like your car."

Old 07-14-2001, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by Dave B

Dave
Dave, Sprint is talking about two cars in the same conditions. You personally may have less mods than someone else and beat them no matter what track you race them at. The other person may have added all kinds of "go fast" stuff to his car just because they wanted to say they had it. All in all(and I have mentioned this before in other forums), some people are true to what they are looking for by modding whtever they mod whether cosmetic or performance related and some do it to be part of the crowd.
Personally, I would have the ugliest car at the track if I was a racer because I am strickly performance minded. Hell, I still have orange corners, front and rear.
Old 07-14-2001, 06:38 AM

Deezo, get rid of those ugly things. BTW, performance is why I went back to stock on my intake. I felt that an automatic with a cone filter intake performs not as well as an automatic with the stock airbox, and numbers back me up. The little 1-2 HP increases seem to be a waste of time if it doesn't work across the board.
Old 07-14-2001, 06:41 AM

Originally posted by medicsonic
Deezo, get rid of those ugly things. BTW, performance is why I went back to stock on my intake. I felt that an automatic with a cone filter intake performs not as well as an automatic with the stock airbox, and numbers back me up. The little 1-2 HP increases seem to be a waste of time if it doesn't work across the board.
I am buying a Andy's As for the intake, that's why a scrapped plans long ago for cold air and the cone.
Old 07-14-2001, 07:55 PM

Interesting thread. I have one example of cone intake working on an automagic, both on the track and dyno.

In chronological order:

Stock 15.9 @ track - 160 HP @ dyno
JWT cone 15.47 @ track - 166 HP @ dyno
Custom Stock CAI 15.6 @ track - no dyno

Originally posted by medicsonic
Sprint, I completely agree with you about the useless mods posts, but the problem is that some of the 'performance mods' in general are purely for virtually cosmetics reasons. A perfect example of this is the cone intake in automatic (don't go there) Maximas or aftermarket exhausts. Does it provide any noticable improvement? Not that anyone has found out. Does it sound cool? Yes, and that is why most of the auto owners have it on there car still.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:16 PM

Okay, the reasons why i mod my car

A. To make my sig larger...lol j/k
B. To make my car different than every other car in my town, and different than all the maximas around here
C. To take full advantage of the potential of my engine
D. To make my car look the way I want it to
E. To make my car more fun to drive
F. To make my car sound better
G. To make my car FASTER

Also i read about all these people talk about ill never do anything to slow me down. i dont think it really always matters, me, im the king of that department. I have momo arrows ! But it wont matter much when i get this S/C.
Old 07-15-2001, 02:07 PM

Does anyone have a dyno sheet to post on the VQ with a stock box? I would like to see the differences in the torque curve drop off.
Old 07-15-2001, 02:16 PM

Here's mine. 2000 automatic, completely stock:

http://paulwendy.com/maxima/pauldyno.jpg

and with JWT popcharger:

http://www.paulwendy.com/maxima/eipdyno.jpg

Originally posted by deezo
Does anyone have a dyno sheet to post on the VQ with a stock box? I would like to see the differences in the torque curve drop off.
Old 07-15-2001, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE
Here's mine. 2000 automatic, completely stock:

http://paulwendy.com/maxima/pauldyno.jpg

and with JWT popcharger:

http://www.paulwendy.com/maxima/eipdyno.jpg

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2001, 05:30 PM
Former Sponsor

hmmm i think alot of the problems with people seeming to mod performace for nothing happens when sometimes they dont understand the performance gains... usually with peeps who take their car to the shop and get some mechanic to mod it for them...
also it does give something to boast about and feel proud of...
also once you get all the big mods.. you naturally are caught with the bug and you kinda go overboard sometimes... i think thats what afflicts many of the board haha.. we cant stop spending $$ on the lil things...
Old 07-15-2001, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by carnal_c30
hmmm i think alot of the problems with people seeming to mod performace for nothing happens when sometimes they dont understand the performance gains... usually with peeps who take their car to the shop and get some mechanic to mod it for them...
also it does give something to boast about and feel proud of...
also once you get all the big mods.. you naturally are caught with the bug and you kinda go overboard sometimes... i think thats what afflicts many of the board haha.. we cant stop spending $$ on the lil things...
Like I just just put a in/out temp gauge in my car. Only $20. One of the most important mods you can make if you race.

Quick Reply: Maxima Musings and Ramblings