General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Meguiar's gold class wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 05:31 PM

I am going to wax my car in a week or so and am thinking about using this wax.I have a 96 pearl white so is this a good wax for the car.Do i need to take the old wax off before or does it matter(still beads but no smooth feeling on the paint)if do remove it how i use dish washing soap before i wax to remove the old wax is this good before waxing a car thanks
Old 07-16-2001, 05:45 PM
Got Bent?

If your finish is rough, try a clay bar after washing it. The clay bar will smooth out the finish and remove contaminants and oxidation. Then, if you want to use Meguiars products, go with Meguiars Mirror Glaze products. They come in tan bottles and are numbered. Try the #7 Show car glaze and then follow it up with the #26 hi-tech yellow wax. These products are better than Meguiars other stuff. I have used both, and they do an excellent job.
Old 07-16-2001, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
If your finish is rough, try a clay bar after washing it. The clay bar will smooth out the finish and remove contaminants and oxidation. Then, if you want to use Meguiars products, go with Meguiars Mirror Glaze products. They come in tan bottles and are numbered. Try the #7 Show car glaze and then follow it up with the #26 hi-tech yellow wax. These products are better than Meguiars other stuff. I have used both, and they do an excellent job.
I'll second that! Let me tell you the Mirror glaze stuff does wonders for my black car.
Old 07-16-2001, 06:37 PM

Just waxed mine this weekend

I used the Gold Class Wax because I had a partial bottle left over. Does a nice job on my Black Emerald color, but not what I'd call spectacular. Going to go with the Mirror Glaze pro line the next time. People say Zaino is really good, but it's quite a process.
Spent 2 days on the paint of my car getting ready for Maxus. Washed it, used #34 Final Inspection, Compounded some scratches, clearcoat body scrub, cleaner, cleaner wax, polish and finally Gold Class wax. My arm is going to fall off!