General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Performance driving courses???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 11:15 PM

Anibody know where I can find High Performance Driving Courses in Chicago area? Love to drive agressive, can't afford more tickets.Did anibody try Motor Trends 2001 Cadillac World Challenge? Loved it. Any ideas?
Old 07-21-2001, 09:48 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

bondurant

Go to Bondurant. He's the best, and he's worth the trip to Phoenix. I've had several of his students tell me this, as well as read some great reviews. I'm probably going next summer.

http://www.bondurant.com/
Old 07-21-2001, 01:32 PM
SLOW

You are in luck, about 1.5 hours from you, here in michigan, at Gingerman Raceway, CGI Motorsports runs a school every 3 weeks or so. There is one monday, but its too late to sign up for that one. there are 3 or 4 more sessions this summer/fall. the cost is $150 and you get FOUR HOURS OF TRACK TIME. Trust me, four hours is a TON of time road racing. You won't want to race the whole time, and your car wouldnt be able to take it anyways. There are both classroom sessions (for novices) and track sessions in the 1 day school. Gingerman Raceway's website is www.gingerman-raceway.com. CGI Motorsports website is www.cgimotorsports.com.

Road racing at this track is unreal, its an awesome track. And incredibly safe, there is virtually no way you can crash your car, unless you get REALLY stupid.... its nothing but open fields in every direction. Ccheck it out, my friends and i do the school quite often, because its sweet to say the least.
Old 07-21-2001, 06:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Nealoc187
You are in luck, about 1.5 hours from you, here in michigan, at Gingerman Raceway, CGI Motorsports runs a school every 3 weeks or so. There is one monday, but its too late to sign up for that one. there are 3 or 4 more sessions this summer/fall. the cost is $150 and you get FOUR HOURS OF TRACK TIME. Trust me, four hours is a TON of time road racing. You won't want to race the whole time, and your car wouldnt be able to take it anyways. There are both classroom sessions (for novices) and track sessions in the 1 day school. Gingerman Raceway's website is www.gingerman-raceway.com. CGI Motorsports website is www.cgimotorsports.com.

Road racing at this track is unreal, its an awesome track. And incredibly safe, there is virtually no way you can crash your car, unless you get REALLY stupid.... its nothing but open fields in every direction. Ccheck it out, my friends and i do the school quite often, because its sweet to say the least.

The advantage to Bondurant over this is they are multi-day in-depth classes, plus BOndurant really kix a$$. There are like 8 or 10 different types of courses, too.

And you get to drive one of their super-stangz
Old 07-21-2001, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by ANDREI D
Anibody know where I can find High Performance Driving Courses in Chicago area? Love to drive agressive, can't afford more tickets.Did anibody try Motor Trends 2001 Cadillac World Challenge? Loved it. Any ideas?
you love to drive aggressive, and you can't afford more tickets? I thought driving agressive only give you more ticket.