General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

*doh* Fuel problems with sc?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 12:07 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

for those with the v2: hehe. time for me askin the questions:

1) when driving after boosting or pressing the gas, and i let it off, i press the gas, again, and the car lags alot. the rpms maintain stay and i keep flooring it.. nothing happens, then all of a sudden the fuel i guess comes back on then the car boosts like mad. im wondering if its the aux fuel pump? i have it rigged on full time (i think) so curious what it might be.
2) do you think it could be the BOV is not releasing enough pressure and that there is buildup, slowing the turbine down?
3) thanks much. i'll be taking it back to the shop for the clutch/flywheel install in a few days. just wanted to ask first so i know what might be up.
--Cheston
Old 07-22-2001, 12:25 AM

After I put the UPRD chip in I noticed that when I floor it sometimes in first gear the engine gets louder but I don't get any power and then about 1/2 second later it kicks in hard. I think it's my clutch, but I could be wrong. Of course I'm not S/c and I'm sure our problems are unrelated. However, you stated your clutch isn't installed yet, so that might be it. I know mines near the end of its life and you said yours was too.

I doubt it's the BOV. On the supercharger I don't think excess buildup will make a off to sudden on feeling. Also, if you're not getting a substantial amount of fuel the car would probably feel more like it's surging.

Wait to see if your clutch helps to solve the problem.

Good luck, other than that how's the S/c?
Old 07-22-2001, 12:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Chebosto

1) when driving after boosting or pressing the gas, and i let it off, i press the gas, again, and the car lags alot. the rpms maintain stay and i keep flooring it.. nothing happens, then all of a sudden the fuel i guess comes back on then the car boosts like mad. im wondering if its the aux fuel pump? i have it rigged on full time (i think) so curious what it might be.
2) do you think it could be the BOV is not releasing enough pressure and that there is buildup, slowing the turbine down?
3) thanks much. i'll be taking it back to the shop for the clutch/flywheel install in a few days. just wanted to ask first so i know what might be up.
--Cheston
A few question for you. What exactly do you meen you have the fuel pump rigged up full time? Is that opposed to having a on/off switch from the fuel relay to the aux. fuel pump?

Also are you using the Blitz BOV I sold with the kit? If not what kind are you using?{Curius}.

Last ???, did you do a custom CAI? What kind of material is the CAI piping made out off? If you used a rubber pipe{Like my dumba$$} for the CAI it may be sucking it's self together and blocking airflow.

Ok, now possible problems. Your fuel pump relay may have been damaged from the new wiring. You should also check to and make sure the wires connected to the fuel pump are on properly. As for the BOV, I don't think that will affect reving very much, but I may very well be wrong.

What I whould do is put your car in 3rd at say 30 MPH and slowly rev the car up until 5-6.5K RPM's. This way you can rule out some possible problems.
Old 07-22-2001, 12:28 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Chebosto

--Cheston
you took the car out without the new clutch and flywheel? hehe...someone was in a hurry....hehehe..
how do you like it?
Old 07-22-2001, 02:21 AM

in a hurry? he was hurtin everyday!
Old 07-22-2001, 07:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by OgreDave
in a hurry? he was hurtin everyday!
I know that feelin
Old 07-22-2001, 08:41 AM

what type of fuel pressure regulator?
Old 07-22-2001, 05:21 PM

everybody wants a test drive when its done.. good luck and have fun maxus 2001