General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

All you New York DPA racers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 09:18 PM
PhatGuy

Maybe this is old but I never saw you guys mention anything about this:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum3/HTML/022603.html

One thing to be beaten by GTI VR6 but by a non modded Jetta VR6?? Guess this one missed the Maxima board.

Old 07-22-2001, 10:12 PM

Ya I think I heard about that somewhere here or there.
Thats awesome though Id be down.
Old 07-23-2001, 12:11 AM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Maybe this is old but I never saw you guys mention anything about this:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum3/HTML/022603.html

One thing to be beaten by GTI VR6 but by a non modded Jetta VR6?? Guess this one missed the Maxima board.
tahst my friends jetta i was there when we were doing all of this running his jetta is a fast car me and him always sty right nest to each other everytime we run
Old 07-23-2001, 12:42 AM
PhatGuy

I guess the magical question is who were all the Maxima owners he beat in NY? Also I notice there are a few Max owners who question how fast the VR6 really are? Maybe some of you Max owners running NOS should try running them NA or run VR6 who are also using NOS?

Old 07-23-2001, 08:52 AM
PhatGuy

It looks like he posted it up 3 weeks ago so i wouldn't say it is ancient archives. Anyways the best bet would be to post up on www.vwvortex.com or maybe reply to his thread and see whata gwann with the VR6 crew in NY? Yo it doesn't suprise me you beat a spraying 2.0. Maybe deal with a VR6 with mods or a VR6 that is spraying as well to make it a little more even. I visit vwvortex all the time (love VW/Audi) and thought Maxima owners would find that post interesting.

Old 07-23-2001, 11:31 AM
PhatGuy

Sorry I'm not on vortex very often. Well at least you admit that there are some faster VR6 out there which is cool. I certainly hope your very expensive twin turbo S4 can beat a VR6? Turbo VR6 would be a more appropriate comparison to an S4. Good luck in all your races! Maybe you can set up a race with your S4 against a Turbo VR6 GTI? I'm sure there are tons of VR6 (non turbo and some turbo) owners in NY on Vortex who would love to run your Maxima or S4?

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

Its ancient in the fact you found it today, and it was posted last month. My Maxima has taken on several VR6s with mixed results. As for those who spray, they learned the hard way on what I am willing to do in a straight line or around turns. BTW My S4 will kill them all

-Peace

Old 07-23-2001, 05:08 PM
PhatGuy

That S4 of yours must be sick fast for sure! I have seen a number of Turbo VR6 do 1/4 under 13 and some under 12. What is your 1/4 mile time with that bad boy?

Yo you and JimW should hook up since he has a 6spd A6 that he likes to race. I think some Maximas in NY should run some VR6 ie. Sprintmax and Medicsonic since they seem to like to drive fast and race around. NA VR6 vs NA Max or NOS VR6 vs NOS Max. There would be some wicked runs for sure!

PG, when I first got the S4 I got smoked by a A6 4.2, and he killed a racoon. LoL..I posted that race up. I got the APR(Audi Performance Racing) Catalog, and did some shopping. A6 4.2 vs my S4... 6 car lengths.
Not bad for a Station Wagon huh ?
APR: Intake, Chip, Exhaust, Flywheel, Clutch, Hard Pipin, FMI, KKK Turbo Upgrade, UUC short shifter. Do the math.

-I beat a Camaro SS, bad.

Old 07-23-2001, 05:20 PM

that guy lives in the same town i do 2 Bad he didn't have a pic of his car
Old 07-24-2001, 07:06 AM
PhatGuy

It is always fun to race a car that has similar performance or in the same class. If one car is sick fast and the other isn't then it is no fun and a waste of gas. Obviously a modded S4 is going to rock most cars out there...I think stock & medium modded Maximas and VR6 are great battles which makes it fun. Guys who use NOS against a car that has similar performance makes no sense to me unless money was involved?

Ya you are totally right that there is so much crap talk online it isn't even funny. Half the time the guys who praise a car to death don't even drive the car in question. Other people make up numbers and talk smack because in real life they can't and their cars get beat down.

Big props to you! Both the S4 and Max are two of some of my fav cars on the road! I also like the Mk3 VR6 GTI and the mk2 VR6 hybrid sleepers. S4 is one car on my list to check out next round for me.

PG, my S4 Avant is running deep into 12s.
One of our friends has an AMS AWD Jetta that runs 10s if not 9s.
My Maxima is slow
Plenty of action always, but always about fun, no flaming, just fun. Hate the fact some people get "brave" online, and talk too much.

-Peace

Old 07-24-2001, 08:22 AM
PhatGuy

No joke! A stock Volvo Turbo or S4 Wagon would spank a lot of cars on the road. After mods they will rip a lot of cars on the road. Personally I like the way the S4 wagon looks especially when lowered with nice rims...looks wicked!

Ya the sound of a VR6 right beside you at WOT is pretty cool with a VQ w/intake. A lot of people underestimate the VR6 espeically Mustang owners. Haven't you noticed some of the fastest VR6 are not all fancy cosmetic wise? I've seen A2 bodies with lousy rims, car is dirty etc.. but damn they can fly. Most of the hybrid VR6 are from hot cars so they probably don't want to attract too much attention. The VR6 gets stolen like crazy in Canada very high insurance rates.

PG, believe me its funny to see an S4 Station Wagon rolling down the street, and seeing a front mount. Its actually my dads, but it was my uncles, but he couldn't handle the payments so my dad took it over. I paid for my Maxima already, and he drives it once in a while, so I take the S4, most of my friends have seen me in Hondas, and coupes, when they see me in a Station Wagon, they laugh. Even one of my dads friends is a Officer, and before F&F came out I went up to a local strip, and I saw him. He looked at me, and started to laugh, and said I hope thats your dads. I asked what was so funny, he reminded me when he caught me when I was 17, arresting me, and meeting my dad.
It will always be a battle between VR6 Jettas and Passats, even a Golf or two vs Maximas. The sound of a VR6 next to me screaming as I listen to my VQ holla away....Who needs Classical Music. The S4 tone is subtle, but when I want it bad, the sound is so insane, popping, whistling, BOV, heartbeat racing as velocity is picked up so quickly, and as fast as you get up to that speed, reality on the streets come to you, and you step on the brakes as you realize 100mph in a 30 zone is quite a bad thing.

-Peace