General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Ever had to return to Stillen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 05:41 PM

I ordered and recieved a Y-pipe last week. I decided that I would rather have the Cattman product( I should have ordered it in the first place!) which as you know is S/S,with the Stillen being ceramic coated mild steel. I call for the return #, which you need in order to return there.I speake to the rep. after lengthy hold, and says " I can probably give you a better deal, please hold." another hold,he comes back and does'nt even know who he's replieing to and says some BS and goes back on hold. Well anyways there's a restocking fee of 20% = 70$ for me. no refunds! there is only credits and exchanges. Boy I guess Gettin the S/S Y-pipe aint cheap!
Old 07-24-2001, 08:44 PM

Hey I've had the experience too of returning a product to stillen and yes i faced the same joy. But i had to call several times before receiving a return authorization number. Thats BS their giving you saying that you can only get a credit or exchange, i got a check refund on a credit card order. It is not their policy to give just exchanges or "credits." The salesman is just trying to hold on to the sale. That 20% restocking fee is complete crap but some companies do what they have to do. I will never order from Stillen directly again. The customer service is bad, they give you bad advice, and have no interest in you all they care about is the money their taking from you. Good luck
Old 07-25-2001, 02:55 PM

Stillen crap!

Originally posted by Gotrice4
Hey I've had the experience too of returning a product to stillen and yes i faced the same joy. But i had to call several times before receiving a return authorization number. Thats BS their giving you saying that you can only get a credit or exchange, i got a check refund on a credit card order. It is not their policy to give just exchanges or "credits." The salesman is just trying to hold on to the sale. That 20% restocking fee is complete crap but some companies do what they have to do. I will never order from Stillen directly again. The customer service is bad, they give you bad advice, and have no interest in you all they care about is the money their taking from you. Good luck
Well i suppose i'll bolt their pipe,wait til it rots off and then do it right! Who knows mabey it will last loger than i think. I dont have to drive it in the winter anymore. Also dont call them for tech. eigther, they'll hook you up with a rep. who can barely assembel a level 1 lego kit let alone guide you on car repair. Once i called and got a so called "tech." who said "Sure I can help!", So i asked him the fix to my problem (which he didnt know!) then he asked for my name and address, put me on hold and patched me through to MY SALES REP!? I dont know! you would think for their prices service should ROCK